Guide to Vaping Friendly Airports

Would you vape in the smoking rooms offered at select US airports?

• Absolutely.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No! It is like sitting in an ash tray.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert T. Tan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
Illinois
www.vapor4life.com

Attachments

• vape fly 2.png
    vape fly 2.png
    487.7 KB · Views: 32

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I so would. I don't mind even the gnarly second hand smoke from those lounges. I'm not proud.

I'm actually shocked there are any left, honestly.

I have found the best vapers lounge (I have to be honest, I'm not a lawyer, I don't know what would happen if you were discovered) is the "Family toilet." You have to kind of ignore the changing table but frankly given what happens upon it I figure I am doing "everyone" a favor (oh, except that I might be occupying a bathroom where some poor needy baby needs to be changed, but I never claimed I was going for sainthood, etc.) in regards to overall odor.

Seriously though, I'd choose the airport smoking lounge before the baby's bathroom. Frankly, the baby's bathroom is probably NICER, but I want to support those few airports who acknowledge smokers to be people too.

It's just a secondary THOUGHT for those of us who do not always have time to like, exit and reenter the airport. Otherwise, lounge all the way (if it is there).

Anna

Reactions: sdennislee

Robert T. Tan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
Illinois
www.vapor4life.com
That is great to know. I fly through Atlanta a couple times a year but have only been through Vegas once since I started vaping. I was a bit shocked by the smokiness of Atlanta smoking areas but that certainly doesn't deter me. I was most surprised by Dulles, a friend tipped me off and my first thought was "DC? No way!"- forgetting that Dulles is actually in Virginia.

I wonder how many smokers route their flights through Atlanta because of this amenity. All things being equal or even if it costs a few bucks more, I will stop at Hartsfield instead of Charlotte every single time. Charlotte has plenty of other drawbacks too, at least if you try to make it from a connecting flight in a small plane to one of the main gates. It is solid 20 minute walk at a brisk pace, leaving less time for vaping even if it was permitted. Whoever designed that "wheel spoke" layout with a center hub of restaurants didn't do a very good job.
charlotte-jpg.782359

I am concerned this whole Juuling thing might make vaping in the commode a bit more difficult in coming years. If news stories are to be believed, which isn't a given, bathrooms are pretty much the preferred hangout of Juul using minors.

Attachments

• charlotte.jpg
    charlotte.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure the family bathroom is fine. I don't think vaping teens know what it means, they probably think it's a type of "alternative lifestyle or gender" thing. Like, you have split personality only they're all related. Plus, it contains the word "Family" so they're not going to go there.

I am mostly kidding. Mostly.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread