Gunked up Kraken clone (FT) after 4 tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I thought I had the Genesis build down: nice evenly glowing coils starting form the center, steady ohm reading on my VV/VW mods, and a pretty good vape.

I am not a LR guy, and vape around 2.5 Ohms and medium power with DIY fruity/bakery flavors 70/30/6mg nic, and, admittedly, the juices are on the sweet side. I wrap 30 g on my genesis because it has a lot of room. It's a tight coil, but not a micro.

Halfway through my 4th tank, I get a ohm drop down to 1.4 ohms. I really did not notice since I had my device set to VW RMS (SVD).

Pop the hood off, and I can't even see the coils glowing, but it still produces a ton of vapor.

Is this normal? The build itself is not that hard since there is plenty of room, but having to brush and probe coils to get them even seems to take forever despite oxidizing the daylights out of it.

With any other device, once your ohms start to drop like that, there is not much life left in the beast. On a VW mod, the Kraken still produces a good vape.

These devices like the Kraken (also use Kayfun clones) are real juice hogs, and I can go through a tank in no time. On the others, I use a micro coil build with cotton. When they start to taste funky, I pull the wick, rinse, replace the wick and am in business.

The genesis wick holds a lot of juice, even when the tank is empty so it's tough to do a dry burn.

Any ideas? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread