Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
169rxaq.jpg

Sir Pouncival

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Beautiful! I really want this one, or the Kiss... haven't decided.

Did I misread or did someone say that the manufacturer (Gus) offers free shipping? If not, could someone tell me what they paid to ship the mod from Greece to the US? I see it on a few US sites, but if the shipping is free, I'd rather get it from the source!

Sir Pouncival

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I sent a message on the Gus site and got a response. Shipping is free to the US for parts only, and for mods it is around 25 Euros (or about $31 as of today). I thought of another question, however... I would love to get the matching Gus Lord or Kiss sleeve for the tank. However, I really don't want an Estia even though it is okay with a single coil build. I'd rather have something that is more made for single or dual coils. Does anyone know if the Estia tank sleeve will fit anything else?

Thanks!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I sent a message on the Gus site and got a response. Shipping is free to the US for parts only, and for mods it is around 25 Euros (or about $31 as of today). I thought of another question, however... I would love to get the matching Gus Lord or Kiss sleeve for the tank. However, I really don't want an Estia even though it is okay with a single coil build. I'd rather have something that is more made for single or dual coils. Does anyone know if the Estia tank sleeve will fit anything else?

Thanks!

GP Heron. Vapin Bill has a few pics somewhere early on this thread ;)

However, imo, between the two the Estia is BETTER.

Sir Pouncival

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Thanks! I'll look into them both. Qorax, it seems you are very familiar with this company. When they sell a "battery case" does that mean it has everything necessary to make it a basic mod? Or is it really just a case?

I will have to wait until next year to get my set-up unfortunately, but I can't wait! I hope he isn't sold out by then... I'd hate to have to get a clone.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Oh, my my! The Gus LORD!
A PICTORIAL...

That's exactly what comes to your mind when you hold this tempting piece of equipment, Oh my my! A gorgeous, stunning, well crafted mod that seems to have been so understated / underrated that I wish many vapers actually got close with, knew more about it. As such, here's my effort to bring it in the forefront, with a series of pictures.

What is it?
1. A 22mm Telescopic mod
2. Bottom firer
3. Top-cap with airflow
4. Three tone finish throughout
5. Carved body tube/s, which isn't just plain engraving

What is unique about it?
The Gus Lord is one part of the iconic duo (the other is the Gus Kiss) that bring the Gus Mods to another level of vape expertise. They are the 'only' mods that I know of which has:
1. Ball bearings in the Switch
2. Safety Fuses in the Top-Cap
3. An entirely engraved (carved out) body

The Detailing:

It's not just the body engravings which beautify the Gus Lord. Here we have a device which has been clearly crafted with a heart. The modder's love and workmanship is evident in every piece of the Lord. The 'dual-tone' top cap, the gold accent rings, the little 'crowns' on the top-cap, the deep nudges all around the top and bottom gold rings, the lining up of the graphics on both sides of the mod and the signature fingerprint on the switch ~ all add up making this mod superlatively appealing. Yes, it's all in the detailing!

The Top-Cap:

TIP: Switching the fuses:

The telescopic positive pin (actually the Safety Fuse system) which come as the stock setup seem to be bulky, taking up some pointless space. Tho a design necessity for using the mod in 18350 mode I seriously feel it unnecessarily 'adds' to length of the mod ~ without which it is just about the same volume as an 18500 would take.

I thus switched the stock positive pin setup with the 'other', shorter fuse pin (also enclosed in the package) and seem to find the device more winsome. Which brings me to the opinion that the Gus Lord might actually been made for 18500 batteries! And it looks gorgeous in that mode!

How the mail comes in?

BOTTOMLINE:
We have seen it all ~ many suave tubular mods which give the 'hits'. What the Gus Lord does is go beyond, change the game. This is a hi-end mod, and like any other in its genre performs extremely well. But it also stylizes it further. Gone are your plain-Jane tubes, here comes a fully engraved body (carved internal telescopic tube as well) which adds a bling to the way we vape. This thing is mesmerizing. There is something extraordinary about it. Yes, it hits hard ~ but also so beautifully! And all this in an attractively priced package as well. Thus the Gus ~ the Gus Lord! All so magnetic, every bit of it

Get it to believe it!

Hi Qorax,

I find that sophia connection is rather long with GUS Top connector full SS 510 with airflow.
I've to unscrew most of the top pin. Kindly advise which top cap or connection would be the best for sophia.

Cheers

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hi Qorax,

I find that sophia connection is rather long with GUS Top connector full SS 510 with airflow.
I've to unscrew most of the top pin. Kindly advise which top cap or connection would be the best for sophia.

Cheers

Hi, I don't get it. Sophia is a 'tanking RBA' - so however we secure it on the mod's top cap the tank will always remain flush as we can move it up and down thru the Sophia.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Hi, I don't get it. Sophia is a 'tanking RBA' - so however we secure it on the mod's top cap the tank will always remain flush as we can move it up and down thru the Sophia.

No issue with the external part.
I mean the sophia's pin went rather far into the mods connector, end up I'm only screwing the positive pin in a few turn.

IMG_1141.jpg

P.S: I just found a piece of broken o-ring when taking the picture :-(

Sir Pouncival

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Weeeell. Bought an applied this to every contact threads, and within my switch: ball bearings, between the brass button and the surrounding locking ring, where the negative post screws into the button.......

View attachment 370103

My gosh. EVERYTHING is silky smooth. Eeeeeverything. Even if I press the firing butting riiiight at the very edge. And I managed to drop my VD by 0.05V on a 0.7 ohm build. Not that significant. But this grease is soooo good.

The attachment is no longer available. What was the name of the grease you purchased?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Gus Switch Disassembly

I had to PM this to someone - and thought why not to post it here as well for the benefit of everyone. The task is simple tho we need to be cautious. Here's a pic of the 'new' switch (disassembled) - and the steps underneath:

4jp4d1.jpg

1. Be careful of the ball bearings, there's a spring in between which might make the BB housing jump out and spill all the ball bearings on the floor. They are tiny, around 1.5mm each.

2. It is thus wise to open the switch inside a glass bowl.

3. Place a 3mm 'hex key' into the hole underneath the brass 'button' and use an 8mm 'nut driver' to unscrew the brass negative post (which is a hex bolt).

4. Carefully remove each part and take out the BB housing trying to avoid spilling the ball bearings. If a few drop out - don't worry, they can be placed back (I'll tell your what to do later).

5. Now, brasso (any brass / metal polish would do) all the sections / parts to a nice shine.

6. Apply some Vaseline into the BB housing, inside as well as over the ball bearings. At this stage replace the spilled out ball bearings (if any) into their grooves while generously applying some Vaseline over them.

7. Assemble everything back (reverse step to point-3 above).

Hope that helped!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
hrwkzo.jpg

Artemis was the Goddess of the Hunt. She had 50 hounds and 50 Dreiads (wood nymphs) and a quiver full of painless silver arrows. She was the daughter of Zeus and Leto as well as being last of the Three Maiden Goddesses.

She was also a part of the Triple Goddess. The Triple Goddess was the Moon in three forms. Artemis didn't carry the moon across the sky, yet she was still known as the moon.

She was stunningly BEAUTIFUL, a super sexy tomboy daddy's girl. And she stepped up to defend herself and other Olympians against giants, joining hands with her twin brother - Apollo. Artemis was a strong protector of young women and even young men. She had only one love, a hunter named Orion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread