Ha the Provari is coming in tommorow and I forgot to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Yep, once you start using a tank I bet you won't go back to filling a carto over and over all day. Much more convenient.

Absolutely, I hate bringing my juices to work and when I'm running errands. Allways topping off it's the part of vaping I really don't enjoy. I have a bunch of cartos that aren't punched, that I'll have to convert. Thing is I am very challenged when it comes to tools. A little clumsy ha. So I gotta figure out what I'm going to do on that front.

DRLyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Absolutely, I hate bringing my juices to work and when I'm running errands. Allways topping off it's the part of vaping I really don't enjoy. I have a bunch of cartos that aren't punched, that I'll have to convert. Thing is I am very challenged when it comes to tools. A little clumsy ha. So I gotta figure out what I'm going to do on that front.

Check this post out. I got the hub today and will be getting the screws Friday. The hub will keep the carto from getting deformed when punching it with the screw. I have had one that was so bad it wouldn't fit into the bottom of the tank without getting it back into shape first.

DRLyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
You can just top it off once it's in the tank just to make sure. The way they did it in the video forced some of the juice into the carto when the top was put on. My J-tank's top and bottom were very tight and I wanted to make sure they stayed that way so I slid the carto in and filled the tank. Then pushed it through the rest of the way and topped off the carto. Hold those caps when you push it through just in case, though.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
I saw you ordered the parts if it works I'll try it out. It looks simple enough.

Check this post out. I got the hub today and will be getting the screws Friday. The hub will keep the carto from getting deformed when punching it with the screw. I have had one that was so bad it wouldn't fit into the bottom of the tank without getting it back into shape first.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I tried pushing the carto through both sides and it really seems like they didn't make the holes big enough. Im known to get fustrated and crack things ha by forcing too much so I put it aside to see if you guys have any advice.

did you lube it with a little juice?

DRLyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I tried pushing the carto through both sides and it really seems like they didn't make the holes big enough. Im known to get fustrated and crack things ha by forcing too much so I put it aside to see if you guys have any advice.

It is very tight. That's one reason the o-rings get shredded sometimes. Juice on them helps some. The tapered drip tip or slap yo mama adapter really help. Got the slap yo mama today and it works great.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
I tried both ways with both of the rings.. no this isn't right. Even if i got it in one and the other there's no leeway to fill it again. Only way it's fitting through is if I hit it with a hammer.

I'm using the boge's they sell. I'll keep the prepunched boge's because they are fine. Going to try to mail the tank back though and get a refund..

Is there any tank that uses a gasket type system to put the carto through? Where it still holds a good seal. The holes in this system is just plastic. There is no room to stretch a little.

Eric in NJ

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
New Jersey
I use Liquinators from vaporescence, got the 3ml SS and AL just ordered another AL and the 2 that I do have work great so far, I have not boogered up any O-rings yet...
I start out by taking the tank apart and wash it out with hot water, then I drop all the parts in a small bowl of 91% alcohol for a few minutes while I punch then condom fill the fresh cart. While filling the cart, slowly boge has some tight filler in there lol, I take the parts out and rinse them off in some warm water then dry them off with a paper towel. I then put a few drops of juice on the inside of the tube, give it a swirl or two on both ends and install the end caps, around this time the cart is almost filled and ready to go in so I blow out the cart and leave the juice on the outside on it as a lube while pushing it in far enough to fill the tube up. After filling, I push the carto all the way in with a Calabash or Vase style drip tip, they seem to stop on the tank just before its too far. A couple times I had to adjust the angle of the carto a bit because it seemed like it was stuck but a little patience and they find their way in. I agree with DRLyman about holding both end caps while pushing the carto in to its final position, they will blow off if your not centered lol.
to DRLyman: GO BIRDS!!! and not soon enough Phils!!!
I ordered with the last tank 3 extra O-ring kits just to be safe because I know its only a matter of time until I rip one, but they are cheap and its only rubber. The tank locks together in just a couple of minutes after finishing up, it is very tight and I had 0 leaks so far. I carry it in my pocket at work and pull it out of my pocket by the tank and it never moves. I usually run 3ml of juice 2 times on a single cart then replace, they seem to get muted at the end of the second filling, I really have to twist hard to break the tank apart after they set up. I assume they are the same style tank and Im going to check out the J tank and maybe order one too haha.

Forgot to add that I use a punch that I got from evaporclouds, works great and does not pinch the carto. I usually put in 3 small holes instead of 2 bigger ones and found it to work great so far.

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
That punch sounds like a good idea.. and thanks for the tips. Vaporessence you say? Is it this website? Vaporescence - eCigarettes, Accessories, US Made eLiquids because if it is their store is like 15 minutes from my house. I talked to the guy on the phone once but havent been to the store yet. I know thet are open on Saturdays 10-4 so maybe I'll go see his tanks.

I think it's a lost cause, I lubed it and pushed as hard as I could. Something went wrong in the manufacturing. I put it away and emailed electrostix. I'll see what they say. I was hoping that my days of constantly refilling cartos were over when I got my package but I was mistaken.

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Hmm, everyone says the J-Tank is tight, but I've never heard of it simply not accepting a carto. Are you sure it's a standard-diameter carto? Pbusardo swears by the J-Tank. I meant to order one when they were in stock, but I see now they're gone again.

He wrote me back and told me try to lube it again and try twisting. I did to no avail. I'm 6' 200 lbs and used all the force I could my hand is beet red. Even if I could get it in imagine the trouble I'd have trying to refill. He said he is going to talk to his machine guy. Only thing I could think of now is WD 40.. but I'm sure that wouldn't taste too great.. ha

DRLyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
That punch sounds like a good idea.. and thanks for the tips. Vaporessence you say? Is it this website? Vaporescence - eCigarettes, Accessories, US Made eLiquids because if it is their store is like 15 minutes from my house. I talked to the guy on the phone once but havent been to the store yet. I know thet are open on Saturdays 10-4 so maybe I'll go see his tanks.

I think it's a lost cause, I lubed it and pushed as hard as I could. Something went wrong in the manufacturing. I put it away and emailed electrostix. I'll see what they say. I was hoping that my days of constantly refilling cartos were over when I got my package but I was mistaken.

Sorry to hear that it isn't working for you. I have heard the Vaporescence tanks are very good and that they are a hair looser fitting than the J-tanks on the cartos. I have one of them coming this week, too. I would go to the store if you're that close, it took them a week to ship my tank :( Heck, you could get one at the store and have it filled there, too. That way you're sure that it fits and works correctly.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Sorry to hear that it isn't working for you. I have heard the Vaporescence tanks are very good and that they are a hair looser fitting than the J-tanks on the cartos. I have one of them coming this week, too. I would go to the store if you're that close, it took them a week to ship my tank :( Heck, you could get one at the store and have it filled there, too. That way you're sure that it fits and works correctly.

Thanks Yup its neat I can go see the guy and talk about it. They have juice there too so it'll be cool to check it out. Yeah I'm a bit bummed. I'm physically ok and I couldn't do it. Imagine an older person with arthritis. I know it's a factory error. The ball is in electronicstix's court to fix it. If not I'll do business elsewhere.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Thanks Yup its neat I can go see the guy and talk about it. They have juice there too so it'll be cool to check it out. Yeah I'm a bit bummed. I'm physically ok and I couldn't do it. Imagine an older person with arthritis. I know it's a factory error. The ball is in electronicstix's court to fix it. If not I'll do business elsewhere.

I wonder if that's why two days ago they had every color in stock, and now they have no stock on anything? Maybe they pulled them from stock if they're getting other complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread