• End of year community survey

If you've been seeing any bugs, want new features, or have any positive feedback we'd love to hear it and we'll be putting together a plan for adding in these changes in 2023!

Check out the survey

Hackable, but shipped complete, battery mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadcoke5

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Lancaster, PA
    After several years away, I am back onto working on some theatrical smoke generating projects. I actually have on back-order an E-cig mod with a fan, to make it a fog machine for theatrical and photographic uses. It is the MicroFogger by Vosentech. It can be remotely controlled, both by a wired button, and a wireless controller.

It has a lot of great features, but I have some things I would like to see on it... I wish the atomizer could be moved away from the battery box. And I would love to have a way to integrate a LED light source at the fog output, and have that light controlled by the mod.

So, I am hunting to see if I can find a mod, that I can purchase complete, but is easy to hack. I.e. I would need to open it up, and wire in some sort of remote trigger. It would need to have some available outputs from the microcontroller, that I can use to trigger other things, like a LED light. And of course, you need a bit of free space to run the new wires. And of course, it would need to be done with a microcontroller that can be re-programmed. Perhaps Arduino based.

I realize I can start from scratch, and there are a bunch of tutorials about doing that. But, first I would like to check out if there is anything already on the market that I can purchase already put together. Note that I would want to do at least 50 watts, and more likely 100 watts.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: Izan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

')