Had to return to analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeezix

Jul 1, 2009
After vaping solely for nine days I found it necessary to buy a pack of faggies last night.
I received my dse 901 and dse 801 (with usb passthrough) along with some auxillary parts and two 10ml bottles of juice on the 30th of June. I had also 3 packs of cigarettes on my desk when the package arrived.

I started vaping right away. I would light a real cigarette every once in a while but was astonished that even though my cigarette consumption was 2 packs a day I still have one of those 3 packs unopened on my desk now.

What happened was the 20 ml of juice I had from the first order was consumed (vaped, spilled,wiped off overfilled carts etc.) by about the eighth day, so I procured another bottle from a local well thought of member of this board and wound up with a coppery metallic taste on my tongue and a dry mouth. It's still there.

I don't know if I was "hitting it too hard" or it was the flavoring in the juice or what. But it kind of spooked me.

Meanwhile I had ordered 3 10ml bottles of juice from a place called "Light in the box" in China on the 28th regular air mail figuring I'd have it after my kits came in. Then on July 5th I ordered 2 50ml bottles from them because that were less than $8.00 a bottle. By now I was vaping away so I paid the extra freight to have EMS ship it.
I checked on my orders on the 8th and they were both in "processing" and the first was scheduled to go out on the 17th of July! the second (which I paid the expedited charge for) would go out on the 9th. On the 9th I checked and it was still in processing so I canceled the order and was issued a refund.

So I'm still juiceless AND I my tongue feels like the entire Russian army marched over it in their stocking feet and my lips feel like the sahara desert
I don't know if this is an experience unique to me or one shared by others. It's alarming.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Meanwhile I thinki I'll give my tongue a rest and hope it goes away, order some more juice (Maybe someone can recommend something mild) then give it another go.

Please advise.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The 5 I tried so far is
Totally Wicked-Premium Price Excellent Product
NuVape- Perfumy Chemical taste ended up throwing out
Esmokey Treats- Good
Nhaler-Very Good best prices and value I still have to taste more to find the right flavor.Luckily Drew has very inexpensive samplers. If you buy in qty he just about matches the Chinese Prices. Taking into account shipping fees on the China End.
Vapor Station - Excellent there frost KA
Diet Smokes-Thought liquid mediocre at best but smokeable

All are quick shippers you might want to order from the most local to you. Warning though Vapor Station ships first class unless you my 3 bottles or more his first shipment never arrived second did take at least 4 days.

Wow man, That is a horror story. Glad i havent ran into any rust flavored carts.......then again i've only smoked 5 carts so far before i ran out lol. I feel yer pain on waiting on the juice....I ordered some Cherry and RY4 from E smokey treats and some ECOpure from innovapor.....thinking the ECOpure is going to be my savior personally....purer from what im told, and sweeter by nature......is purer a word? humm...off to googledictionary i go!

Let me know how things turn out for ya man

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
All of the advice given here is great, especially about Drew at NHaler.com and his juices, prices, service. I have tried others and found his to be the best of the ones I have tried, although I have not yet tried NuVape or most of the others listed here.

One other piece of advice if no one has mentioned it, drink a LOT of liquid, especially at first, and I am NOT talking soda, beer or other carbonated drinks.. Drink water, juice, etc. It will help with the dry mouth/lips.... and will help with many throat issues.

Those are just a few things I have learned in my nearly a year of vaping successfully, took a while to get it right for me too... and everyone is a little different. Good luck with it !

happy vaping

Skeezix

Jul 1, 2009
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll check out some of the vendors mentioned.
Since nobody else ever had an aftertaste last for days, and I was not obviously overconsuming, it must have been the flavoring agent in the juice.

I'll get some more and take another run at vaping when my tongue returns to normal. I really like the advantages and I was having a lot of fun in public places. I like putting it out in my ear when reprimanded for "smoking." Plus, now I have all this cool equipment.

BTW: I smoked the "manly" Salem ultralights, Perhaps I wasn't used to high doses of both nicotene and flavor. I started with 18mg and intended to gradually progress downward till ultimately, I would be vaping what would essentially be a lollipop.

Thanks guys. I'll report back when I resume the experiment.

nonstinky

May 20, 2009
Northwestern USA
I've been vaping for about 4 months and have only purchased from 2 juice suppliers but here goes...
Eastmall tastes excellent and gives me great throat hit but I wanted to try US supplier because unfortunately can't spend the 50.00 min and 15.00 shipping with Eastmall at this time :(
VaporCountry I am totally pleased with so far. It's kind of hard to compare because i was vaping 18mg and I cut down to 6mg so I don't know if that's why it's so smooth, but the taste is great and the service was fast. E-mailed question answered promptly.
I also just ordered from eliquid planet and should be getting it today..

Boredoftheworld

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Charleston, SC
BTW: I smoked the "manly" Salem ultralights

Well I smoked Benson & Hedges Deluxe Ultra Light Menthols so I win. :p

I ran out of juice too because I didn't know how much or what to start out with. Rather than going back to analogs (I can't even imagine doing that now) I bought refill carts for another model ecig from a truck stop and swapped the filler material out. Now I've got about 150ml sitting here, an emergency bottle of VG and another 50ml expected to arrive in the mail today.

That VG got me through the July 4th weekend, I pretty much chain vaped nothing but glycerine for a full day. It was a major psychological battle but I survived analog free until the mail ran on Monday. No flavor, NO NICOTINE, but tons of vapor and I managed to convince myself that "well there's all this smoke floating around so I must be smoking".

Good luck

nonstinky

May 20, 2009
Northwestern USA
Skee I did forget to mention my experience with NuVape. I really don't want to post my disappointment with any suppliers on here, but unless they have done something to fix the purfume tasting hits I wouldn't purchase there again. And too bad...the service was quick and the bottles very attractive, but I couldn't stand it and had to toss....

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Skee I did forget to mention my experience with NuVape. I really don't want to post my disappointment with any suppliers on here, but unless they have done something to fix the purfume tasting hits I wouldn't purchase there again. And too bad...the service was quick and the bottles very attractive, but I couldn't stand it and had to toss....
I have ordered twice from them with no problems, they could have just had a bad batch.

Burnie

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Skee I did forget to mention my experience with NuVape. I really don't want to post my disappointment with any suppliers on here, but unless they have done something to fix the purfume tasting hits I wouldn't purchase there again.
Yeah, I would much rather praise good suppliers and products than bash on ones that left me unhappy, but in this case I really think NuVape needs to do something about that perfumey taste and smell. I threw mine out as well, but I kept all my little 3ml dropper bottles, and those are freaking awesome!!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
BTW: I smoked the "manly" Salem ultralights,.

I smoked Salem Ultralights for a few decades. My favorite menthol juice is Janty's "Newport" and freshsmoking.com just got some more in today:

Janty Nwpt eLiquid - freshsmoking.com

Ok... I see it's listed as 'out of stock' but that should change soon - got an email regarding it from freshsmoking today as I was wondering when they'd get it in. So... keep checking and no doubt they'll update the link to show stock.
I've always had the fastest shipping from them.... they're in NJ, me in Ohio.

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
I tried a bunch of the flavored juice from NuVape. It all has a NASTY, NASTY, NASTY after taste. NuVape is not alone in this, there is something that is used in the flavors from a lot of vendors. A lot of non-tobacco flavored juice from China has the same nasty smell and taste.

I wrote to NuVape and we worked it out.... They replaced the entire order with just tobacco flavors at no additional charge to me. I couldn't ask for better customer service.
I still have the nasty samples put away, just haven't gotten around to throwing them away yet.
The flavors they sent as replacement are all excellent with no bad tastes at all.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I smoked Salem Ultralights for a few decades. My favorite menthol juice is Janty's "Newport" and freshsmoking.com just got some more in today:

Janty Nwpt eLiquid - freshsmoking.com

Ok... I see it's listed as 'out of stock' but that should change soon - got an email regarding it from freshsmoking today as I was wondering when they'd get it in. So... keep checking and no doubt they'll update the link to show stock.
I've always had the fastest shipping from them.... they're in NJ, me in Ohio.

Newport now in stock at the link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread