Hadaly problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
Having major problems w my hadaly. Putting it on my ohm meter, vaporesso target mini, smok osub plus, and smok alien, the ohms reads are all over the place. The only one it stays consist on is the vaporesso target mini at .34, but on the ohm meter and other mods, it keeps going between .7 and 1.2. On the ohm meter, everytime i lay a finger on it it changes drastically, just sittin on it it slowly go up and down, unscrew it and screw it back in and its a completely dif reading then starts going down. The coil isnt touching anything, just the clamps like its supposed to and its secured in tight. It may be a little too big of a coil for the clamps, but it is still in there tight. If put my crown tank with a .8 coil on all the devices, its right in the ball park on all of them. Its only my hadaly thats doing this.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
Is the center pin loose? Try to snug it up a little bit, sometimes they loosen up slightly and will not show ohm's correctly.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I jus snugged that up yesterday cause i thought it may have been leaking. Double checked it and it was tight.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
Some how i jus fixed it and i have no idea how lol. Both screws were tight, both leads were clamped tight, the coil wasnt touching the posts, but i took it out, cut it a little shorter eventhough the leads werent coming through the back of the clamps, now it seems to be working at .27-.30. Weird.

Its a fused clapton with a twist, i thought maybe the core broke and thats why the Ωs were all over the place n why i took it out, everything was good so i shortened it a tiny bit n now its fine. Very strange. Im thinking maybe because its not a contact coil but the wraps are pretty close, maybe they were too close, idk, its all i can think of though lol.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
By any chance were the coils touching the inside of the barrel? When you made the adjustment on the coils by putting them closer to the post that may have moved them away from the inside of the barrel which would allow the ohm reader to read correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
By any chance were the coils touching the inside of the barrel? When you made the adjustment on the coils by putting them closer to the post that may have moved them away from the inside of the barrel which would allow the ohm reader to read correctly.

No, theres really no way for the coil to touch the barrel with the hadaly. Not unless the leads are too long and come too far out the back of the clamps since the clamps are on the outside so the coil sits dead center of the atty/down between the clamps.

Even the ohm reader wasnt reading correctly after it took it off the mod and put it back on the ohm reader. It was at first so it put it on the mod, first 10mins or so it was fine, then started acting up when i put it on a dif mod.

Reactions: Wheelin247

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
No, theres really no way for the coil to touch the barrel with the hadaly. Not unless the leads are too long and come too far out the back of the clamps since the clamps are on the outside so the coil sits dead center of the atty/down between the clamps.

Even the ohm reader wasnt reading correctly after it took it off the mod and put it back on the ohm reader. It was at first so it put it on the mod, first 10mins or so it was fine, then started acting up when i put it on a dif mod.

I'm not too familiar with the Hadaly but that was something that popped in my head. I'm pretty sure someone will comment something that could be the issue. Hope you get it figured out. Good luck!

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
I'm not too familiar with the Hadaly but that was something that popped in my head. I'm pretty sure someone will comment something that could be the issue. Hope you get it figured out. Good luck!

I really really think it was because its not a contact coil and one of the wraps was jus to close. All it really could be since nothing else was touching and everything was tight/snug.

Id you're not familiar with the hadaly, and you're a flavor junky, you need one. Awesome flavor atty. Best flavor i got so far and i have a tfv4 with a few premades and all the rba's, tfv8 baby beast with a few premades, brit beast that came with the osub plus which is pretty much the same as baby beast but i think slightly better flavor, guardian by vaporesso that came w the target mini which has great flavor jus too tight/weak a draw but great flavor, crown 2, medusa, and the kryten. The flavor from hadaly is jus amazing with any build ive put it in.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I really really think it was because its not a contact coil and one of the wraps was jus to close. All it really could be since nothing else was touching and everything was tight/snug.

Id you're not familiar with the hadaly, and you're a flavor junky, you need one. Awesome flavor atty. Best flavor i got so far and i have a tfv4 with a few premades and all the rba's, tfv8 baby beast with a few premades, brit beast that came with the osub plus which is pretty much the same as baby beast but i think slightly better flavor, guardian by vaporesso that came w the target mini which has great flavor jus too tight/weak a draw but great flavor, crown 2, medusa, and the kryten. The flavor from hadaly is jus amazing with any build ive put it in.

I'm not much of a flavor junky, I'm a cloud guy but I do like to taste my juice. I don't do RTA's usually. I have the V4, V8 and got the V12 (all with RBA decks cause I hate stock coils. They pack too much cotton too tight in the coils and I hate the break in period). Plus I use BIG RDA's/RTA's (smallest RDA I use is 27mm and largest RDA is the 40mm Mason and the only RTA I have is the 41mm Voltrove which holds 20ml of juice. The Voltrove has the flavor of a dripper but convenience of HUGE tank. Only have to fill it usually once a day unless I'm off and vape a lot throughout the day. I was fly fishing for tarpon on the that's of the gulf in Sarasota and I went through a tank and a half so far today lol. I appreciate the heads up on the hardware though.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
Ya the hadaly is a 22mm single rda. It comes with a bf so you can use it on a squonk. Not much of a cloud atty but great flavor atty. I got sick of most stock coils as well so got a couple drippers and rbas for my tfv4. Now im looking for a nice rta or rdta so i dont have to drip all the time and sick of filling my tfv4 all the time. I dont care much for clouds, im a flavor chaser.

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
Another option would be get a squonk mod and keep using the hadaly if you like it.

I do love my hadaly and i still use it quite often. Eventually i will get a squonk mod, but i also like having a bunch of tanks/attys and tanks are cheaper than mods, especially the squonk mod that i want. So if in the meantime i can find an atty that has better flavor than the hadaly, ill be even happier. Even if i do find an atty that has better flavor than the hadaly, ill still use and and eventually will still get the squonk mod i want. Can never have too many attys and mods

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I do love my hadaly and i still use it quite often. Eventually i will get a squonk mod, but i also like having a bunch of tanks/attys and tanks are cheaper than mods, especially the squonk mod that i want. So if in the meantime i can find an atty that has better flavor than the hadaly, ill be even happier. Even if i do find an atty that has better flavor than the hadaly, ill still use and and eventually will still get the squonk mod i want. Can never have too many attys and mods
Since I got my Drone my tanks are collecting dust. The only tank I still use on a regular basis is my Engine on my Revenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread