HALO for drip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace64

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Massachusetts
OK, so I have some good success in making my own juice. Some not so good. In Three weeks I have developed a few ADV's. Spending $0 on purchased juices. I am soo fussy. I have three go to ones. A Strawberry Milkshake, a Banana Cream, and a Cinnamon Cereal.

I had some old Halo laying around from my tobacco vaping days, back in Aug of 2014 :) Yea I know .... Johnsons Creek, Halo, and Space Jam Eclipse.
I had about 20ml of Prime 15 @ 24 mg. I used to use in my ProTank with the itaste MVP 2.0.

So, I added 22ml of VG to the 20ml I had of Prime 15.

Tossed it in the crockpot for a few hours. Man did it stink. Whew.

It vapes nice. Good tobacco flavor. HUGE throat hit. Typical Halo... nice "nutty" feel.
I really liked Torque 56 better than Prime 15. I might just buy some Torque @ 24 and give that a whirl.
Halo_DRIP.jpg

Any similar?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I don't know if I would call it hazelnut but you are correct there is a nutty taste. It does come from the tobacco. The AP helps enhance that nuttyness but it's powerful stuff so use sparingly. You can start at half a percent but don't go above 1% for either mix. TAB is very nutty on it's own so according to your individual taste you may not even need the AP. Me on the other hand love a strong nutty taste in my tobacco vapes.

Other nutty hangsen tobaccos would be

NO.5
Highway
Elder Captain has a slight nutty taste with a hit of chocolate.

When it comes to tobacco flavoring hangsen is the best. I also sense a mosey fruity note in the halo juices which I find very hard to duplicate. I have a few other additives that get close to that mosey/fruity note but that adds complexity to the preperation, at this stage the basic recipe I gave above gets you close enough. You can't go wrong with any of them. Whats also good about hangsen is 7% works good across the board for all of there tobaccos. The average that most use is 5 - 7%. If you like your tobacco on the stronger side go with 7 if you like it milder go with 5. If your a tobacco lover like I am you'll enjoy the authenticity.

Last edited:

Ace64

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Massachusetts
Danny,
Thanks so much for your help and excellent communication on your blogs. I did get a little 2 quart crockpot from Walmart and a thermometer.
I put a coffee mug and fill both pot and mug up to near the bottle neck. In monitoring temp it does go up to 160°-170°F.
So I let it get to temp and turn it off. I keep repeating. It seems to steep faster.

I am going to try the Torque recipe thanks much!

Kind Regards!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Danny,
Thanks so much for your help and excellent communication on your blogs. I did get a little 2 quart crockpot from Walmart and a thermometer.
I put a coffee mug and fill both pot and mug up to near the bottle neck. In monitoring temp it does go up to 160°-170°F.
So I let it get to temp and turn it off. I keep repeating. It seems to steep faster.

I am going to try the Torque recipe thanks much!

Kind Regards!

That's a good steeping method. You'll need 3 - 5 hours in the crockpot for tobaccos. Then they'll need to sit a day or so.

Ace64

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Massachusetts
Danny,
I got nervous because temp was going higher then 150°F. So I would let it heat up, which takes about 1/2 house than monitor temp. When it went to 170° I would turn it off and leave juice in.
Will higher temp effect flavor?

Really good to know I can vape tobacco's after a few days and not weeks. I am ordering Hansen today.
I got a ton of bottles from Premium Vials. Glass much better then plastic.

I did get Double RY4 from TFA. Going to try @ 5%.

I am just so darn happy I am no longer ordering or trekking out to the B&M for juice. I have TONS of good juice.... I mixed, cheaply.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
170F may be a little high but I don't think it will ruin the mix. I think it will just mature faster. I mean I've read of folks microwaving there juice and burning the heck out of there hands when removing it but they swear it fully steeps after just a few cycles. I do know if you leave it in to long it can catch fire or explode and that's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread