Halo Liquids! Flavor wearing out, but probably just me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibby7634

Jan 15, 2010
Indiana
I have bought Menthol Ice and NewPure, and tried Freedom, Smooth 8, and Cool flavors, and initially they were all great! (Except Smooth 8, the Ginger flavor wasn't for me)

Anyways I made Menthol Ice and NewPure my 24/7 vapes pretty much, and initially they were heaven! Great cool bursts with a nice vanilla flavor on the exhale. After a couple of weeks, the flavor just seems to disappear now. Its not cooling in my mouth or throat anymore (even though the vapor still provides a chilling sensation when it runs across my skin or face) and theres close to no prominent flavor at all. It just feels kinda chalky sometimes. Perhaps I'm too used to it all? I just bought the Johnson Creek sample pack so I'm going to go with those for a while and see if maybe when I return to Halo it will be just like before.

Anybody else had this kind of trouble? Perhaps it goes for any liquids out there.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Its called 'oversmelling' or Anosmia.

Quoted from an article:

Tasting is actually smelling
It is commonly thought that the flavour of food is experienced by the 'tastebuds' on the tongue; in fact, the mouth distinguishes only rudimentary information on sweetness, saltiness, sourness and bitterness. Odour molecules from food rise to the olfactory epithelium and supplement the information from the tongue with much more sophisticated data. That's why food tastes bland when you have a head cold; the olfactory epithelium is clogged with mucus and can't function properly.

Smell adaptation
If you smell an odour for long enough, you eventually stop noticing it. This is because prolonged exposure to a strong smell is believed to saturate the olfactory epithelium with odour molecules to the point where information is no longer delivered to the brain. This is called 'adaptation'. Loss in smell sensitivity is only temporary and is particular to that 'over-smelled' odour. Recovering from adaptation depends on the individual but can range from a few seconds to a couple of minutes.
(Note: temporary Anosmia can take longer to clear depending on the duration of the odour that has been 'overindulged' in)

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
I've seen the subject of tastebud burnout come up more than a few times around here. I have neer had it happen but I switch around all the time so I never really give it a chance to happen.

I think the longest stretch I've ever vaped any one flavor was when I first tried halo freedom and that was only for around a 6-7 day time period.

A record for me. haha!

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
I have been using Halo's Newpure as my only daily vape for over 6 weeks. When I feel a need to change up the flavor I just change my atty. I have noticed that between the 15 510 atty's I have that I do not get the same taste or TH hit from any of them. So I change my atty and now the taste of my Newpure has changed as well. Some have a stronger menthol than others and some give a smoother and fuller taste that others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread