Halo menthols at high wattage: a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Okay folks, so as you may know, I'm in love with Halo's Sub-Zero and the (literally) hundreds of other juices I've bought have either been sold on ECF or thrown in the trash over the last couple of years. However... I think my wallet is finally unable to fight the temptation of all of these latest and greatest high wattage boxes and sub-ohm tanks on the market right now.

With that said, I refuse to switch away from Halo's menthols and will vape them for the rest of my vaping "career" (or whatever). So, my question is a basic one: is vaping Halo menthols at high wattage, specifically Sub-Zero, a horrible idea? Does anyone know from experience? I'd like to know if cranking the power will make the cooling of the menthol effect simply too much for my throat to take, if it will completely kill the mint flavor, etc. If necessary, I'd be happy to switch to one of their less killer menthols like Mystic or Cool Mist.

If it helps, I currently vape my Sub-Z around 11-12 watts on a (mumbles unintelligible name of gear because he's in a vendor specific forum), and it works just fine... but damn it, I'm so curious about the more powerful hardware that's out there.

Cheers. :)

P.S. Oooh, I'm 1 post away from 700. Quick, someone say something helpful so I can say "thank you." heheh

Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
:)

Ah, damn, now I'm not at an even 700 posts anymore. I guess we just have to keep this up until I get up to 800. Ready? Go! Just kidding, thanks for playing.
Hey, machinestatic.

I know of your love affair with Sub-Zero. All I can say is, "Try it." If it doesn't float your boat, turn it down.

I vape Torque (and a lot of others) I can't get into the high wattages. I am very happy at between 8 to 9.5 watts.

Plus, the higher power stuff uses more juice, and delivers more nic. Beware.

Zavri

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
vermont
I vaped pretty much every juice at 15 to 20 watts and the taste definitely changes. Kringle's tastes abit sweeter with less of a menthol / cooling hit to it, Subzero has the same effect. Freedom's cocoa taste comes out more in higher watts, turkish tobacco seems to lose it's "spicy / floral" taste and just blends together at higher watts.

I think the sweet spot for halo juice is around 10-12 watts, tastes better imo and the vapor is decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread