Noob with a kanger protank mini 2 and a halo triton

Status
Not open for further replies.

makatc

Dec 6, 2013
puerto rico
Ok i am noob to vapor my first setup is a halo triton battery 1300 with a mini tank. great warm vapor with good flavor.
my second setup is a kanger pro tank mini 2 with a joyetech vv battery. lot of vapor, no warm vapor, and the flavor its sometime missing and sometimes a little flavor not to much.

first question i want to keep my kanger joytech setup because its more flexible. i think i will change the coils for a 1.8 evod coils for more flavor. its that wiil be correct?

second question: its a good idea to buy a kr808d-1 to ego adapter to use the halo triton battery with the kanger tank pro mini 2 ??? where to buy it? i read a lot of post but its always out of stock.

my experience with both setup:

really love the warm vapor a good flavor of the halo triton... and the malibu e liquid its greatttt. but i dont feel the nicotine, the coils are not cheap and the customer services its no good.

why i going to keep my kanger and joy with all the problems? because i feel the nicotine and the lot of vapor that i need to feel that iam smoking a real cig.

iam looking for a eliquid usa made, shipping free o low cost, my only experience was halo malibu and i really love it. any suggestions?

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Good Morning makatc

I started out with 2 different thread styles also and I also went the 510/ego route due to more options

question 1. Yes, 1.8 ohm is great for a fixed voltage battery as it will put you right at 7.6 watts (which is the most popular wattage for 90% of the people vaping)

question 2. you more than likely will need to get 2 adaptors (an 808 to 510 and a 510 to ego) which unfortunately will give you multiple points of failure - I would personally get a fresh clearo tank for the triton and put it away as an emergency back up and just invest in another 510/ego battery (as you read through the posts you will see many people talk about backups for your backups)

for eliquid I would recommend either NicQuid or Mt Baker Vapor for the most popular eliquid providers

hope this helps

and welcome to the ECF
9pribk.gif
295xrtd.gif
9pribk.gif

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
I don't think that 1.8 ohm heads are going to mack much of a difference on a VV battery. I personally preferred the 2.2 ohm heads at a higher voltage when I was using the stock heads, but soon found out that rebuilding with cotton was the best way to get good flavor out of these heads. The botto0m coil design doesn't really work well to make warm vapor.

Finding a 808d to ego adapter is going to be a frustrating search, never did find one for my Volt x2 before I ended up breaking it. The few places that had it listed were always out of stock. Your best bet is probably going to be keeping the triton tank on it. Since the triton tank is just a kanger t2 with modified battery threads to work on a 808 battery yoiu can use t2 coils in it to save some money. Halo overcharges for them big time. Kanger T2 Coil Heads

I can't help much on juice as I mix most of my juice myself. When I do buy liquid I get it at my local shop, Welcome to Ahlusion. They mix all there juice in house and make their own flavorings, Its a little pricey but very good.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Yes, you will need an "808 to ego adapter". And they are very difficult to find in stock.

They are listed...but out of stock at:
Mt Baker Vapor
MadVapes
evcigarettes

Also, the Halo Triton tank uses standard T2 replacement heads which are about 1/2 the price elsewhere. And a standard T2 tank will also work on the Triton battery.

Kanger T2 Innard - 5 Pack - 1.8-2.2ohms - LONG wick

I do not own a mini protank II but own other similar bottom coils. I always switch to a 1.8 ohm coil, but others will prefer different ohms...it just what you like. Lower ohms generally produce a hotter vape.

makatc

Dec 6, 2013
puerto rico
damm that was what im looking for thank you guyss. i will buy a triton tank with kanger t2 coils main problem solved. i want this for backup.
my next goal is find 50 ml liquid of good liquid that sell kanger evod and kanger t2 coils and the shipping cost low.
im from puerto rico i want to get lot of coils and liquid in one order to spend not to o much in shipping each month. no body can help me this i just need to d o my research. i find a site for the coils and free shipping thats will help a lot. now need the liquid. i know they are lot of post about it. i will find i t thankss...

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I have a Triton and have tried Evods and other BOTTOM coil tanks. Personally, I didn't care for the ProTanks at all and I bought several for my ProVari before knowing this. Too cool of a vape and too airy of a draw. Now I only use them for one or two flavors.

You are getting a warm vape w/the Triton set up because it's a top coil tank which will produce a warmer vape and the mini tank versus Triton reg tank is really warm compared to bottom coils. I find the mini tanks to almost get too hot. But like you, I love warm vapes and it's going to be hard to find a bottom coil tank that produces anything close to a warm vape like a top coil.

As far as not getting enough nic, then it sounds like you need to up your nic level or slower draws and hold the vape in your mouth longer. Good luck

Last edited:

makatc

Dec 6, 2013
puerto rico
quick update. about my experience. I order two eliquids one from mtbakervapor and one from goodlifevapor. goodlifevapor send the package to the wrong address so i cant talk about it lol. but i got the one from mtbakervapor the juice its call thug juice 18ml nicotine, pg 80 vg 20, 50 ml and 4 shot of extra flavor also i got the evod coil and that combination was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. the firsts puff was like too much sweet but after one day this is amazinnnnnnnnggggggg. i will never bought something from halo because my bad experience with customer support ( 2 months waiting for my money back on a starter kit ) but the eliquid was taste less.

now i feel satisfied with my kanger mini tank and joyetech battery and my mtbakervapor.

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
I too started with a Halo Triton kit and loved (still do) the vapor and flavor production. Got really sick of trying to find 808-510 adaptors in stock so I bought a 510 VV/VW MOD. Best thing I've ever done other than starting to vape and quitting analogs!!! Now I can use almost any carto or clearo that I feel like trying!! Forget the adaptors and get a 510 threaded device. Keep the Triton for it's convenient simplicity IE: in the car, in public etc.....it does work very well. If you like the vape from the Triton, you're probably not going to like ANY bottom coil clearo. They are all too cool of a vape compared to the Triton but there's many 510 top coil and dual top coil tanks out there that you'll love experimenting with on a 510 device and not have the problems with electrical connections, leaking and the such as you will running adaptors. Get the stuff designed to work together and save money in the long run!!:2c:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread