Halo Triton - info please

Status
Not open for further replies.

dak77

Jul 13, 2018
Hi, new to forum but have been using the Halo Triton for several years now. Been purchasing all supplies and replacements from Halo. However, recently I found two other sites that have the starter kits for a fraction of the cost. Actually an entire kit is less than the cost of a battery on Halo. First question is - are these knock-offs or does Halo distribute? I have not been able to find these in the past anywhere else. And next, if so - where do I get parts such as replacement coils, batteries, etc.. other than the Halo site for less? I do see the liquid on ohter sites but again, only recently these starter kits. Can anyone provide some info and links. Greatly appreciated!

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Halo re-brands or contracts with other manufacturers. If you mean the original Triton, not the Triton II, it is a Kangertech T2 clearomizer, on a battery they specify for their devices. If you wanna get more for the money you sure can buy clearos, and batteries all over for a better price. Any eGO style battery, and an eGo thread clearo, will be pretty much an equal of the Triton, and the eGO batteries will work with Triton tanks. I bought Kanger T2s back when I was using Halo stuff, coil/wicks from Triton fit fine. eGo batteries are pretty generic, stick with a volume dealer so you don't get old ones. You may get a dud ocasionally, I did with Halo, as well.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I can't help with websites (I'm not in US) but you are discovering the truth about e-cigs. Halo are not the worst by the way. There are plenty of brands selling Kanger and Eleaf products for excessive profit with their own branding on a readily available product through independent vaping stores. Work out what you like and search out the original Kanger, Eleaf, Joyetech or Innokin versions. They are the same.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
If that is the type of setup you want to stick with...

Aliexpress:
- Heavengifts Electronic Store
Original 5pcs Kangertech T2 EGo CC Clearomizer 2.4ml Capacity Compatible With ego series Battery E-cig Atomizer Clearance Price $6.21

- Heaven Gifts e-Cigs
100% Original Kangertech EVOD Manual Battery Built-in Battery 1000mAh 15mm Diameter Mod Fit EGo Series Atomizer $9.78

- Loptrontech Store
10pcs/lot Original Kanger T2 Coils Long Wick Heating Replacement Coils with 1.8/2.2/2.5ohm Suit for Kanger T2 Atomizer $7.01

Definitely pays to shop around.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Kanger T2 was a nice vape in it's day. Halo made a good choice. I remember in summer '14 vaping Totally Wicked American Red tobacco. On a gen' 1 Evic. I loved that flavor. These days I DIY tobacco liquids, at around 20-30 cents for 10ml (not that I know exactly these days since the new prices for Nicotine). Good days, nice vaping.
(Where did it all go wrong!) .. Joke

• Love
Reactions: Izan

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, new to forum but have been using the Halo Triton for several years now.
Welcome and glad you joined.
What you might like to take note of:
Halo Triton Battery: Battery Rated Voltage 3.7 volts . Battery Capacity 650 mAh (more maAh the better)
Halo Triton Tank: Halo Triton Coil Resistance 2.2 - 2.4 ohms*
*Looks like your coil is offered in two resistances.Could check and see if coil resistance is marked on the coil or on old purchase invoice. Or if no luck, might want to visit a Brick and Mortar Vape shop and have them measure resistance to discover which ohm coil you have been buying from Halo (2.2 or 2.4 ohms).
re: Kanger T2 eGo CC Clearomizer, Kanger T2 Coils, Kanger eGo 2.4ml Tip

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
You can get essentially the same thing with any ego battery and a Kanger T2. The T2 uses the identical coil/head as the Triton. This is kind of ancient technology but you can get a T2 on litecigusa.

A Kanger T2 will work on a Halo Triton battery (leaves a slight gap) but a Halo Triton tank will not work on a ego battery.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
You can get essentially the same thing with any ego battery and a Kanger T2. The T2 uses the identical coil/head as the Triton. This is kind of ancient technology but you can get a T2 on litecigusa.

A Kanger T2 will work on a Halo Triton battery (leaves a slight gap) but a Halo Triton tank will not work on a ego battery.
My Kanger T2 fit triton battery w/o gaps, and my Triton tanks work on my old Tesla with eGo threads. Go figure.

dak77

Jul 13, 2018
Thank you all for the information. Helps significantly and see now that the Kanger T2 is
the same. For those of you that wrote there are better products out there, what are some
suggestions that are similar in size and style? I do like the size of the Triton and seems to
last pretty long, both the tank and the higher capacity batteries even with heavy use throughout
the day.. Glad I found this forum and appreciate any suggestions of what would be some better
options (and better value).

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Thank you all for the information. Helps significantly and see now that the Kanger T2 is
the same. For those of you that wrote there are better products out there, what are some
suggestions that are similar in size and style? I do like the size of the Triton and seems to
last pretty long, both the tank and the higher capacity batteries even with heavy use throughout
the day.. Glad I found this forum and appreciate any suggestions of what would be some better
options (and better value).
If you are happy with it, no reason to change, right? You might be able to save a few bucks by buying the OEM versions. Are you aquainted with Vapecrawler? A search for eGO batteries, and Kangertech T2 should lead you to the prime suspects.
Be aware that this is very old technology, and is getting much harder to find. There are newer Kanger versions, but I moved on before I tried them, so cannot offer much help on that front. Local vape shops here carry T2s (or clones, who knows?) so I could get one local, if needed. When the batteries started to go south on me, I moved to variable devices, and away from Triton style (eGO) batteries. I did use the T2 clearos, until I bought a rebuildable tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread