The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Halo Triton - info please

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by dak77, Jul 13, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dak77

dak77 New Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Hi, new to forum but have been using the Halo Triton for several years now. Been purchasing all supplies and replacements from Halo. However, recently I found two other sites that have the starter kits for a fraction of the cost. Actually an entire kit is less than the cost of a battery on Halo. First question is - are these knock-offs or does Halo distribute? I have not been able to find these in the past anywhere else. And next, if so - where do I get parts such as replacement coils, batteries, etc.. other than the Halo site for less? I do see the liquid on ohter sites but again, only recently these starter kits. Can anyone provide some info and links. Greatly appreciated!

2. flavourchaser

flavourchaser Super Member

Jun 25, 2018
  3. gandymarsh

gandymarsh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    Halo is very expensive. You can buy equal or better equipment for less elsewhere.

I doubt they would sell any equipment anywhere for less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Dont put all your halos in one basket. There are better products out there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ilporcupine

ilporcupine Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    Halo re-brands or contracts with other manufacturers. If you mean the original Triton, not the Triton II, it is a Kangertech T2 clearomizer, on a battery they specify for their devices. If you wanna get more for the money you sure can buy clearos, and batteries all over for a better price. Any eGO style battery, and an eGo thread clearo, will be pretty much an equal of the Triton, and the eGO batteries will work with Triton tanks. I bought Kanger T2s back when I was using Halo stuff, coil/wicks from Triton fit fine. eGo batteries are pretty generic, stick with a volume dealer so you don't get old ones. You may get a dud ocasionally, I did with Halo, as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    I can't help with websites (I'm not in US) but you are discovering the truth about e-cigs. Halo are not the worst by the way. There are plenty of brands selling Kanger and Eleaf products for excessive profit with their own branding on a readily available product through independent vaping stores. Work out what you like and search out the original Kanger, Eleaf, Joyetech or Innokin versions. They are the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Vape Magoo

Vape Magoo Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2017
    If that is the type of setup you want to stick with...

Aliexpress:
    - Heavengifts Electronic Store
    Original 5pcs Kangertech T2 EGo CC Clearomizer 2.4ml Capacity Compatible With ego series Battery E-cig Atomizer Clearance Price $6.21

- Heaven Gifts e-Cigs
    100% Original Kangertech EVOD Manual Battery Built-in Battery 1000mAh 15mm Diameter Mod Fit EGo Series Atomizer $9.78

- Loptrontech Store
    10pcs/lot Original Kanger T2 Coils Long Wick Heating Replacement Coils with 1.8/2.2/2.5ohm Suit for Kanger T2 Atomizer $7.01

Definitely pays to shop around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    The Kanger T2 was a nice vape in it's day. Halo made a good choice. I remember in summer '14 vaping Totally Wicked American Red tobacco. On a gen' 1 Evic. I loved that flavor. These days I DIY tobacco liquids, at around 20-30 cents for 10ml (not that I know exactly these days since the new prices for Nicotine). Good days, nice vaping.
    (Where did it all go wrong!) .. Joke

• Love Love x 1
  9. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    What you might like to take note of:
    Halo Triton Battery: Battery Rated Voltage 3.7 volts . Battery Capacity 650 mAh (more maAh the better)
    Halo Triton Tank: Halo Triton Coil Resistance 2.2 - 2.4 ohms*
    *Looks like your coil is offered in two resistances.Could check and see if coil resistance is marked on the coil or on old purchase invoice. Or if no luck, might want to visit a Brick and Mortar Vape shop and have them measure resistance to discover which ohm coil you have been buying from Halo (2.2 or 2.4 ohms).
    re: Kanger T2 eGo CC Clearomizer, Kanger T2 Coils, Kanger eGo 2.4ml Tip

10. Grimwald

Grimwald Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    You can get essentially the same thing with any ego battery and a Kanger T2. The T2 uses the identical coil/head as the Triton. This is kind of ancient technology but you can get a T2 on litecigusa.

A Kanger T2 will work on a Halo Triton battery (leaves a slight gap) but a Halo Triton tank will not work on a ego battery.

11. ilporcupine

ilporcupine Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    My Kanger T2 fit triton battery w/o gaps, and my Triton tanks work on my old Tesla with eGo threads. Go figure.

12. dak77

dak77 New Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Thank you all for the information. Helps significantly and see now that the Kanger T2 is
    the same. For those of you that wrote there are better products out there, what are some
    suggestions that are similar in size and style? I do like the size of the Triton and seems to
    last pretty long, both the tank and the higher capacity batteries even with heavy use throughout
    the day.. Glad I found this forum and appreciate any suggestions of what would be some better
    options (and better value).

• Like Like x 2
  13. ilporcupine

ilporcupine Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    If you are happy with it, no reason to change, right? You might be able to save a few bucks by buying the OEM versions. Are you aquainted with Vapecrawler? A search for eGO batteries, and Kangertech T2 should lead you to the prime suspects.
    Be aware that this is very old technology, and is getting much harder to find. There are newer Kanger versions, but I moved on before I tried them, so cannot offer much help on that front. Local vape shops here carry T2s (or clones, who knows?) so I could get one local, if needed. When the batteries started to go south on me, I moved to variable devices, and away from Triton style (eGO) batteries. I did use the T2 clearos, until I bought a rebuildable tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.