Halo Triton (original) is being discontinued...suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Unfortunately the Triton uses a proprietary threading (custom made for Halo, Kanger T2).
Thought they sold an adapter tho.

Ahh so it's not EGo threaded. So he will also need one of the tanks posted by @jwbnyc to go along with one of those batts.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Unfortunately the Triton uses a proprietary threading (custom made for Halo, Kanger T2).

They did, at one time, sell an adaptor.

Not sure if they do now.

It’s easier to just make the switch to the 510 standard, go with the T2, and be done.

Switching to the Nautilus Mini and a 510 ego would be even better imo.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Reactions: stols001

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
You'd probably like the Innokin iTaste VV. I had two of the 3.0 models a few years ago and loved them. I eventually went to devices with replaceable batteries because I was paranoid about them going bad on me.

Here's a 3.0 starter kit for $38: Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 Starter Kit

Just the 3.0 battery for $30: Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 Battery

Just the 4.0 battery for $30: Innokin iTaste VV4 Express Kit 750mAh, 15w, 0.8ohm

Just the higher mAh 4.0 for $33: Innokin iTaste VV4-M Express Kit 1000mAh, 15w, 0.8ohm

A cheaper battery that works in a similar way for $12: ADV eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 900mAh Battery

There are a ton of options out there for you.

pearlcrest

Jan 11, 2012
FL Panhandle
According to the chat lady I just talked to the Triton is an 808D thread and the adapter they offered is Out of Stock and being discontinued...so I think I've seen the adapters for that in my searching...technically the mini tanks for the G6 cig-a-like fit on the Triton, so knowing that will help also. Question I should have thought of while chatting...is a KR808D the same as just 808D?

pearlcrest

Jan 11, 2012
FL Panhandle

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Bingo! - This looks to be the adapter I need - Thanks!

Actually I don't think it is. That will allow you to use 510 threaded tanks on the old 808 batteries, but if you want to use EGO threaded tanks, you will either need an 808 to eGo OR a second adapter to go with this one to convert the 510 to eGo.

• Informative

KillerBunny

Feb 7, 2018
I feel your pain. I am in exactly the same situation (except that when I asked in Halo chat I was told that "management" had not confirmed the end of the Triton). I also tried the Triton II and hated it. I got a Kanger Evod over the weekend, and I am liking it. It is a bottom fill, but that has some real advantages. I was skeptical because the Triton II bottom fill was so hard to use, but this one is easy, and I can do it without making a mess. It's also so very much easier to change the coil in the Kanger. It has a contoured mouthpiece that is similar to the original Triton.

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
I started with the Triton and still use them occasionally. But I now use the Eleaf Istick 30W for my battery. I tried sub-ohming and bought four of the highly rated tanks plus a 75 W Sigelei. I found that I really don't need a lot of clouds and the flavor is diminished. They also all leaked. I still love the Kanger T2 tanks. They give me good flavor and don't leak. I also rebuild the coils which takes about 5 minutes each. The reason I use a 30W on the Kanger is for longer battery life.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@KillerBunny - If you're liking the Kanger Evod, you ought to try the Evod Glass, too. It takes the Kanger Dual Coils in the whitish box, and comes in 0.8ohm, 1.0ohm, 1.2ohm, 1.5ohm, and 1.8ohm. Also, it has a drip tip that you can change out, if you don't like the metal one that it comes with. I have sent a couple to several different people and they all really like them.

• Useful

KillerBunny

Feb 7, 2018
Fantastic! Thanks for the advice. I have been puttering around looking for ways to improve. I found that I like the cotton coils much better than the silica ones, but I was wondering about the dual coils. I will give those a shot. I am not sure if I am allowed to ask this on this forum, but here goes. Any suggestions on where to order supplies? I have found that the vape shops in my area are not great for pens, but I have not gotten too adventurous because I am hesitant to trust my credit card with businesses I am not familiar with on the web.

Reactions: JCinFLA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread