Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I'm beginning my research on the Halo VV. For those who have one, what are your thoughts? I've never used a VV and right now, I have G6 and pulled a total noob move and bought the Triton kit too but in the 400 mAh...UGH!

From what I'm reading, I like the idea of being able to control the volts for different flavors, vape and so forth but I'm still learning about the volts , coils and ohms...science was not my forte. And since I'm very happy w/my current Halo PVs, I really don't want to try other vendors.

PS...does anyone have inside scoop if Halo VV will ever come out in iridescence color????

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
AngiBe, I don't know about any plans either way on vv battery color plans. As far as is the Triton vv worth it? I my opinion, absolutely! Not only can you fine-tune your vape to your best taste, but also, becasue this is a regulated battery, it will not drop off very much (They do lose just a little voltage) throughout the run time, keeping your vape more consistent.

Nothing at all wrong with the 400mah Triton batteries and they sure are compact, but yes, the 650mah batts give a considerably longer vape time and still are not at all big. But then, you can always order a 650mah battery and have some back-up.

I use the Triton 400mah, 650mah, 900mah and vv batteries.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
Like I said in the other thread, the vv battery is absolutely worth the price.

No need for scientific skills when using one. You can use the coils you have now and buy the higher resistance coils down the road, or you can add the higher resistance coils to your vv battery order. Lower resistance coils burn easier when pushed than higher resistance ones. Start with low voltage and turn it up slowly by using the bottom dial until you've got your desired balance of voltage. If you start burning coils, turn it down. Simple as that.

For reference, lower resistance coils have a lower ohm rating, and higher resistance coils have a higher ohm rating. By using the higher resistance coils (3.0 ohms), you can use more of the voltage range of the battery before overdriving the coil and therefore burning it.

Forget about ohm's law and all the other scientific stuff. If you follow the directions I gave you, you won't have any issues. The scientific stuff is mainly for people rebuilding their own coils and using them with mechanical mods.

Edit: Just to add... a lower resistance coil will burn hotter than a higher resistance coil at the same voltage. So if you used a 1.8 ohm coil at 4.3 volts, the juice will be a good bit hotter than if you used a 3.0 ohm coil at the same 4.3 volts. The same can be said at any voltage.

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Ok, thanks for all the info. I'm trying to figure all this out and it's not easy. I know certain volts/ohms and whatever give more vapor which, ya, that's cool but all I care about is taste. I'm not even sure if I prefer a warmer or cooler because I don't know enough yet.

And I think if you buy replacement coils for the regular Triton, can't you simulate, sort of, a VV just by using different coils?

Lastly, which is confusing as well, peeps talk on the forum that crazy formula law of ohms or whatever which I don't plan on learning, but you need to know the volts of the PV. I've searched high and low for the volts on the 400 mAh Triton. I saw 3.7 and another review said 4.2. I'm asking this because if I change up the coils/ohms, I wanted to look at that chart thing where it shows optimum range..just for practicing and learning.

BTW....how did all you guys learn this stuff anyway??? Are all you guys like super smart in science or I'm just that stupid? I don't even ask a 1/4 of my questions because I feel like a complete idiot. :oops:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
...BTW....how did all you guys learn this stuff anyway??? Are all you guys like super smart in science or I'm just that stupid? I don't even ask a 1/4 of my questions because I feel like a complete idiot. :oops:

You brighten my day with that question :) which is an excellent one :)

Yours truly got VERY BAD grades in science and chemistry. Yours truly finds it painful to measure down to one tenth of a ML. Yours truly could care less about some stupid graph about how a given mod holds it voltage/wattage better than another one. It's about the VAPE Dr. PHD Electronic GEEK. LOL

So...here I am in a brand new vape shop shooting the breeze and the young person tells me they like to vape Reeses Peanut Butter cup taste along with Banana so I bring them my mix which I basically learned about here on ECF. They vape it and go gagaga and want to buy my stash. Pretty soon 3 people in the store are vaping my newbie mix and going nutso. I laugh. I smile. I TELL THEM where I learned how to due it and that I'm a DIY newbie but also a SPONGE who continues to learn every day. I read a lot. I ask a LOT of QUESTIONS! I never worry about an epic fail. I rejoice in the experience. I also ignore lots of "noise" and I have a laser like focus on the real issue which is staying off cigs with a vape flavor that accomplishes this for me. Back to vape shop...They offer money again. "...no thanks dudes. Just enjoy it and have fun. Save another life and think of Elvis when you vape my newbie DIY juice. LOL

HTH

:)

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
Ok, thanks for all the info. I'm trying to figure all this out and it's not easy. I know certain volts/ohms and whatever give more vapor which, ya, that's cool but all I care about is taste. I'm not even sure if I prefer a warmer or cooler because I don't know enough yet.

And I think if you buy replacement coils for the regular Triton, can't you simulate, sort of, a VV just by using different coils?

Lastly, which is confusing as well, peeps talk on the forum that crazy formula law of ohms or whatever which I don't plan on learning, but you need to know the volts of the PV. I've searched high and low for the volts on the 400 mAh Triton. I saw 3.7 and another review said 4.2. I'm asking this because if I change up the coils/ohms, I wanted to look at that chart thing where it shows optimum range..just for practicing and learning.

BTW....how did all you guys learn this stuff anyway??? Are all you guys like super smart in science or I'm just that stupid? I don't even ask a 1/4 of my questions because I feel like a complete idiot. :oops:

Like pretty much everything else, you can make this as simple or complex as necessary. The way I use my vv Triton is I turn the dial until the juice tastes best to me. I turn it down if it tastes burnt. I also have a Vamo V3 and I basically do the same thing - turn the wattage up or down to taste.

There's nothing wrong with using charts, graphs, mathematical formulas, etc. It's just not for me because it makes no difference to me and my purposes.

Replacing different ohm coils will give you a vv effect, but very slight IMO compared to a vv battery. VV mainly effects flavor and throat hit. Vapor comes out a little warmer or cooler, but not enough to write home about. The composition of the juice VG/pg has far more effect than voltage after a certain point.

Just some food for thought. I'm certainly no expert, only reporting my experience of a few months and 3 different batteries and delivery devices.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx

being an engineer, this kind of stuff is second nature for me. but that being said, ask me to do open heart surgery, or read a legal brief, or compile an excel document, or talk to a girl without stuttering, and things can get hairy pretty quickly. it has nothing to do with smart or stupid, it's just where some of us focused our education, and sacrificed other areas. no doubt there are many areas of expertise that you would utterly embarrass me and others on, which would then have us asking "how do you know this stuff?!?" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread