Halo's Cafe Mocha clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
If you have original Halo Café Mocha, you can dilute it up to 50% (using unflavored nic base) with very little reduction of flavor - and your coils will stay cleaner. Or you can try this near-clone. Be sure to read the notes that follow...

HALO'S CAFÉ MOCHA CLONE
5% TFA Caramel Cappuccino
10% FA Cocoa
2% FA Chocolate
0.5% FA Hazelnut
optional 2% TFA Sweetener (sucralose - do not use ‘cotton candy’)
optional FA Dark Vapure - tiny fraction of a percent, see note below

Use a thin nic base, around 80/20 PG/VG. If you use higher VG, thin it with distilled water. Do not vape with very high power, which will scorch this recipe (and original Halo liquid).

NOTE: Halo’s Café Mocha has a distinctive note in the exhale and vapor trail that many people find offensive. It’s often described as ‘gym socks’ or ‘locker room’. If you want that note, dip a toothpick about ¼” into FA Dark Vapure flavoring; swirl the toothpick through 10ml of finished recipe. Too little is FAR better than too much, and I strongly suggest trying the recipe without it! If you add Dark Vapure, mix very well and let it sit (closed) a day or two before vaping it.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Can't deal with TFA CC at even 1% - Pass

All I ever taste is House on fire with CC

By itself, absolutely! Standalone, I use Caramel Cappuccino at 0.25-0.5%.
But Halo's Twisted Java and Cafe Mocha both use it at higher percents. It's really surprising how it works with the other flavors - no house on fire, I promise. If you like the Halo liquid, I think you'll be surprised how close the clones come.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
SoUnique, thought I'd replied long ago - sorry for the delay.
If you drop Caramel Capp to 4%, I'd recommend dropping FA Cocoa to 8% - keeping the ratio between them the same. I'd leave the Chocolate and Hazelnut as-is.

I hope you'll tell us what you think of it. I ran across my leftovers tonight and thought of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread