Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
My Orders
Order date: 03/03/2013
Order#: 49712

Items Ordered:Price:Status:

$248.80Processing

yep i finally pulled the trigger on the big boy. Dang i cannot wait, this is gonna be epic.

but in the interest of educating me, what fits bets/ works best for a tank on one of these?
I have mini vivi's, Kanger T3's and MT3's. I am considering a vape only BCC, or something similar but have little experience with the more advanced clearo's. I am not interested in dripping, or rebuildables ...yet. that dam HH357 is tempting the crap out of me.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I am using IBT tanks, Phiniac tanks and Vision Vivi Nova's. There's a couple of cheaper tanks I would like to try but I have to wait until March to buy. Wait, it is March:) But now all the suppliers are pretty much out of everything due to Chinese New Years so I thought I would wait until mid-March to start shopping again:)

PS - a good carto is important with tanks. I can't give real recommendations since I have only used SmokTek Ressurectors but I like them so I keep buying them. 2 hole laser drilled.

Last edited:

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
Yeah ive looked at carto tanks, they seem to be either really good or wretched. Plus the aspect of the liquid basically being held in by magic bothers me. IDK how the liquid manages to stay in as well at everyone says it does seems a big risk of a dump if one of your bottom grommets/ o-rings leaks.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
LOL - You do realize it is just a well built Battery holder that delivers a regulated supply to whatever is on top right?

Just like everyone has their opinions on which Power device, different people will swear you need X on top for perfect performance.

Truth is only what you are satisfied with is going to matter.

Enjoy!

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
yes it is well built, but at the vape meet in buffalo not long ago i actually got to hold one in my hand. the thing feels like it's built like a m1 Abrams tank, with the optional explosive protection armor installed.

since i do not have a lot of experience with the top half im asking for opinions. the vape only BCC or perhaps the inokin 30 seem to be the front runners according to many. Although i do love my kangers with 1 hole sealed. The mini vivi is just OK in my opinion, taste being subjective and all, it soaks through juice faster than a room full of us at a vape meet.

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
I recommend a good cart tank setup for ease of use, long times between fills, flavor and throat hit. Any will do the job, but I prefer the pyrex IBTanked ones, a complete kit can be had for $25.

Recently ventured in a genesis style RBA. Not a beginner device for sure, but after a short time vaping, it's worth considering. The vape from a properly set up Genny is like the difference between just eating a french fry, vs. eating a bowl of creamy mashed potatos.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Pro-Vex and Pro-V2 Tanks

profex_zps9d1549a3.jpg

MaDeuce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Auburn, OH
My Orders

$248.80Processing

yep i finally pulled the trigger on the big boy. Dang i cannot wait, this is gonna be epic.

but in the interest of educating me, what fits bets/ works best for a tank on one of these?
I have mini vivi's, Kanger T3's and MT3's. I am considering a vape only BCC, or something similar but have little experience with the more advanced clearo's. I am not interested in dripping, or rebuildables ...yet. that dam HH357 is tempting the crap out of me.

My IBTanked 25mm tank w/Boge SR XXL cartos work quite admirably. My Cobra RBA works awesome as well on my Provari. Congratulations.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Yeah ive looked at carto tanks, they seem to be either really good or wretched. Plus the aspect of the liquid basically being held in by magic bothers me. IDK how the liquid manages to stay in as well at everyone says it does seems a big risk of a dump if one of your bottom grommets/ o-rings leaks.

You do realize that O-rings are, and have been used in most all automotive brake systems for years, syringes, air pumps, vacume pumps and hydraulic systems under pressures up to 6000PSI don't you? There isn't much magic to it, it's a seal that is known to work in a large part of our lives.

on3fifth

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2011
Princeton IN
My Orders

$248.80Processing

I love the cartomators from vaperfexion on my provari. They are 19 MM and pretty much match the diameter of the top of the provari. Heres a image Two of my favorite things - Imgur

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
im really, really considering one of the inokin iclear 30's, or the vape only BCC. anyone know where i can get replaement heads for the vape only BCC? I cant seem to find any.

although this bad boy is tempting as crap too...
The Cartomator SS - T316 Stainless Steel Tank - Vaperfexion

too many choices! need help!

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
good choice on your pv. I like vivi novas and bottom feeding clearomizers over carto tanks.
I used to be perplexed by how the heck the liquid stayed inside the carto tanks too.
But then I bought a ton of them from different vendors and they all work the same.
The "magic" of how they do it goes away pretty fast once you do that. lol. They work great too.

Everyone uses 1 thing that they choose to use because they have mastered it.
Everything has its quirks. Some systems have less quirks than others.
Recently I have found that the Kanger T3s are turning into my favorite system... Until it floods.

I love rebuildables a lot too, and vivi novas, cartomizer tanks, top coil clearos, I like it all.
Some things just seem to be easier than other things but I think that is up to each of us to decide.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Congrats on the provari purchase. I actually have one coming in the mail as we speak right now. I can't wait for it to arrive. I've used a lot of wick based tanks, and I'm not a huge fan. I have a couple vivi nova's and they are ok. I still use them. But my main juice delivery system is carto tanks. They are soooooo much better in my opinion. The draw is better, the throat hit is better, and they seem to burn through juice slower. I have 6 carto tanks currently, and I have yet to have one leak. You just have to be careful when your pushing the cartomizer past the o-rings, so you don't cut them. There is a tank filler tool you can buy that will virtually eliminate any possibility of this. So get yourself a cheap carto tank to try. Of course, I can't guarantee you'll like it, but I suspect you will.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
In regards to the aforementioned Vaperfexion tanks any of the SS versions look great however the 22mm is the same diameter exactly as the provari or the provari mini. The 22mm "pro" versions remove the gap between the provari and the tank. Look into the "Pro-V2" or the "Pro-Vex".

PRO-VEX xl on a PROVARI Mini
View attachment 184032

absinthe... Posted a pic of the pro-v2 std above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread