HANA MODZ DNA 30 Clone arrived today from FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Yes GMayberry, you're absolutely right!! At first I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me. There I was thinking.....

"Wait a minute, I thought that coil was at 1.1 ohms, not 1.2." And then a while later..... "Huh? I thought it was at 1.2. Now it's at 1.1 again????" :confused:

It happens quite regularly but it doesn't seem to affect performance. I guess if it's truly only 0.1 ohms off it's no big deal but I'm glad you mentioned it. I thought it was just an anomaly with mine.

As for the screw on the 510 connector, no, it shouldn't be loose. Having said that, I found that mine is a bit loose as well when it is not fully screwed down. But it is quite stable and solid when it is completely screwed down. So I just keep it like that. No connection or contact problems with any of my tanks or drippers.

First of all, 1.1 jumping to 1.2 and back wouldn't make me question anything. lol I mean 1.1, to 2.3, back to 1.7, up to 3.0, back to 1.1, etc etc. And the screw seems to have fixed this. However, I loosened it up so it sits higher and it apparently is making solid contact now. When screwed down tight, it didn't make contact at all. Since doing this, it has registered .9Ω consistantly since yesterday evening. Using a Stillare clone btw.

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Another quick update. It's now been 30 days since the mod arrived. I have been using it almost exclusively because it just outperforms all of my other mods. Still a solid and reliable unit. It is starting to show signs of wear with a few slight scuffs but nothing major. I think I might have to make myself a nice hand tooled leather case for it.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the purchase. I may just finally break down and roll the dice again on a mini.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I've also received my dna 30 with a battery from FT it took little over two weeks to get, I'm running it with a fogger 1.8 ohms since MONDAY. So far it's been flawless. It has adjustable 510 connector IT'S A NICE CLEAN DEVICE. The vape quality doesn't match my Cloupor T5 100%, no surprise to me but it's close enough.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 13, 2010
    Capitol District New York
    I got one of the $44 ones from focalecig. They're made by KSD. Only have it a week but its performing flawlessly. Fires right out of sleep. Buttons decent. Red charging LED although no hole in the box but it lights brightly enough to be visible regardless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

NeKro13

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2013
    West Covina, CA
    So I rolled the dice a couple of weeks and ordered the Hana Modz DNA 30 clone from FT for $56.00. It arrived today. Took exactly 17 days for delivery. Mod looks very good. No scratches or scuffs and it seems like a good quality mod with solid construction. No seam on top where the 510 connection is. Seam is on the back. Came with the Efest 18650 2500 mAh purple battery with almost a full charge.

My AQUA, IGO-L and Pulse-G all sit nice and flush on the 510 connector. My Stillare sits just a bit above the connector and my Brass Monkey is raised up quite a bit above the connector even with the connector screwed all the way down.

My AQUA is currently setup with a dual coil build at 1.1 ohms. I've been vaping it on my mechs and have been very satisfied with it. But when I put it on the HANA, it felt like a new, undiscovered level of VAPING NIRVANA! I would have written this review a bit sooner but I had to wait for the clouds of vapor to dissipate first so I could see my keyboard!! lol

I use both mechs and regulated mods. I run my Tesla at between 10 -15 watts depending on my build but I haven't tried anything at 30 watts yet. The HANA was set at 30 watts out of the box so I decided to try my AQUA on it at 30 watts. HOLY FREAKIN CLOUDS of VAPOR!!!!!

Honestly, in over two years of vaping, this is the best vape I've had yet! Lets see....... In the past two years I've used the following: eGo, eGo-T MOD, Lava Tube, Lava Tube Mini, TESLA, Smoketek Telescope mech, Sentinel mech, Nemesis mech and a few others. For the most part, I have been happy with their performance.

But now I understand what all the fuss has been about the DNA 30. It really does vape like a steam locomotive!! 30 watts gave me a nice warm vape, more intense flavor and tons of vapor clouds! Attached a micro usb cable and verified that the charging port is working. I like the fact that I can use it as a passthrough when I'm at my desk.

I can also confirm what has been mentioned by some others in reference to the ohm readings. Mine does indeed read my coils at 0.1 ohm higher than they actually are. Not a deal breaker but still a minor issue.

Overall, quite happy with my first impression. Now let's see if it keeps performing consistently.

View attachment 357985 View attachment 357986 View attachment 357987 View attachment 357988

Thank you for your review. I think I now have to make the jump and get one also. Thinking of running my kayfun on it, its just sitting on my table untouched since iv been dripping on my mech mods.

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    How have you guys been liking it? I was looking to getting one. Have anyone got one from fast tech? I know they take forever to ship so I'm making a little shopping list so i can get a few things all at once.

This is a Fasttech DNA 30 thread , not a Cloupor or other DNA mod thread (they have their own threads) so the comments should be about the Fasttech version.

NeKro13

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2013
    West Covina, CA
    I finally got mine Monday after waiting nearly 3 months, lol! So far I really like it. Enough that I'm considering getting another now that you can get it without a battery!

WOW 3 MONTHS!!! I just placed my order this morning. I hope it comes a lot sooner than 3 months. Picked up a red one just need a gold kayfun. GO NINERS!:2cool:

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    Still very much enjoying my pair. Pulled the purple "Efest" out of the full sized model and replaced it with a 2000 mah AW and seem to get much better (and probably safer) battery life.
    20140811_203740_LLS_zpscca76310.jpg

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    WOW 3 MONTHS!!! I just placed my order this morning. I hope it comes a lot sooner than 3 months. Picked up a red one just need a gold kayfun. GO NINERS!:2cool:

I think the "no battery" option they have now is due to me. I had a lot of exchanges with them over this :( My warranty is half over now.

I'm an Ohio State fan and want a red one, too :). I got the orange/copper and I love it.

NeKro13

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2013
    West Covina, CA
    I think the "no battery" option they have now is due to me. I had a lot of exchanges with them over this :( My warranty is half over now.

I'm an Ohio State fan and want a red one, too :). I got the orange/copper and I love it.

The hana clone come with a warranty? I can't wait to have mine in my hands. I've been looking at it for a while but finally picked it up since the last time i ordered from them took over 3 weeks. I also picked up a mirandus mod since I just got the mirandus rda from a local vape shop.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    Can it take a batter with nipple top or just flat tops?

Mine will accept either.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there some better replacement screws for the door? I would rather change out the battery than usb charge. Don't want to strip those phillips screws.

2. If I put a wrap on it, will I still be able to take off the door? I'm looking at the clear carbon fiber from Jwraps.

I'm sure you could find screws at a hardware store.

The Jwrap I have on my Mini does not allow you to open the door. I don't know about the full size models.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread