HANA MODZ DNA 30 Clone arrived today from FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
I went to order one yesterday, and the only shipping option for me was ""Registered Surface Mail via Hong Kong Post +$0.80 (45 to 60 days in transit)" What option was available for you?
I only had that shippong option the other day when I tried to order a couple of batteries.

Surface options only. No air freight.

FT shipping lipo batteries by air may have come to an end?

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
great thread guys! thx for all the great info! I never would have known the Lipo version was actually a "mini" due to the description... I have been wanting a smaller box mod and, the "mini" is the ticket I think.. just to confirm, the mini Does have an adjustable 510 correct?

Actually the 30 watt comes in a Lipo version as well and a 18650 version , it's not just for the mini but the mini is the smallest i believe .

Stierwalt3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Everett,WA
The "Check Atty" message means your ohms are too low or you might have a short. Check your coils for shorts and make sure your ohms aren't too low. FT says it is "Compatible with 0.5ohm~3.3ohm atomizers" which means the mod won't fire below 0.5 ohms. I have seen some reviews saying it won't fire below 0.7 or 0.8. I haven't tried any sub-ohm builds on mine yet but I can confirm that it does fire at 1.1 ohms.

Hope this helps.

Yeah thanks Vaponators, I think the fact that the ohm reader is .6- .7 off is the reason my rdas wont work. That just bums me out!

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Yeah thanks Vaponators, I think the fact that the ohm reader is .6- .7 off is the reason my rdas wont work. That just bums me out!

Yeah, that is a bummer Stierwalt3. IMHO, that's not acceptable. It's an ohm reader. All it is tasked with is to accurately report your ohms within the range of 0.5 to 3.3 ohms. Relative to the range, a variance of 0.7 ohms is huge. Especially if you want to use it with sub-ohm builds.

Most of the other reviews I have seen say the ohm reader is inaccurate by about 0.1 ohms. I myself have observed a 0.1 ohms difference in mine and I can live with that because it's a relatively minor difference. But if yours is inaccurate by up to 0.7 ohms, I would request a replacement or refund.

Stierwalt3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Everett,WA
Yeah, that is a bummer Stierwalt3. IMHO, that's not acceptable. It's an ohm reader. All it is tasked with is to accurately report your ohms within the range of 0.5 to 3.3 ohms. Relative to the range, a variance of 0.7 ohms is huge. Especially if you want to use it with sub-ohm builds.

Most of the other reviews I have seen say the ohm reader is inaccurate by about 0.1 ohms. I myself have observed a 0.1 ohms difference in mine and I can live with that because it's a relatively minor difference. But if yours is inaccurate by up to 0.7 ohms, I would request a replacement or refund.

Yeah I'm going to contact them now and setup a return. Sucks because my Kayfuns work great on it and I can't put it down! Oh well....

Koeikan

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Seattle

Have you tried messing with the adjustable pin? I've seen 'jumpy'/inaccurate ohm readings across multiple atomizers when my connector pin was too far in and it didn't have a good connection. After unscrewing it a bit to bring it out further, it resolved my ohm reader related issues.

Stierwalt3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Everett,WA
Have you tried messing with the adjustable pin? I've seen 'jumpy'/inaccurate ohm readings across multiple atomizers when my connector pin was too far in and it didn't have a good connection. After unscrewing it a bit to bring it out further, it resolved my ohm reader related issues.

Yeah I even took the 510 screw out and it still fires and shows a .7 difference! Craziness! :mad:

Thanks for the input though. :toast:

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I had a problem with high resistance readings. I have a silver V3. The resistance also changed if I wiggled the atomizer. I found that the 510 wasn't making good connection to the body. I used my multimeter to see that there was .1 to .5 ohms between ground and the 510 body. The poor connection was increasing the resistance. I used a dime as a screwdriver and turned the outside of the 510 connector. This improved the electrical contact. The readings are stable and match my MVP and Vamo v5. I think that the anodizing wasn't properly removed from the connector hole causing the high resistance. This saved me the hassle of returning it. I'm a happy camper now.

Stierwalt3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Everett,WA
I had a problem with high resistance readings. I have a silver V3. The resistance also changed if I wiggled the atomizer. I found that the 510 wasn't making good connection to the body. I used my multimeter to see that there was .1 to .5 ohms between ground and the 510 body. The poor connection was increasing the resistance. I used a dime as a screwdriver and turned the outside of the 510 connector. This improved the electrical contact. The readings are stable and match my MVP and Vamo v5. I think that the anodizing wasn't properly removed from the connector hole causing the high resistance. This saved me the hassle of returning it. I'm a happy camper now.

I just tried wiggling my 510 around and used a dime to try to move it and it's pretty snug, it wouldn't budge.

Thanks for the tip:toast:

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Has anyone noticed the Ω level on the screen jump higher and lower while the mod is sitting on a desk, and clicking the fire button changes it?? All screws are tight btw. It does it once in a while, it is fine right now....

edit: I just noticed that the screw down in my 510 connector is really loose. Should it be this way??

Last edited:

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Has anyone noticed the Ω level on the screen jump higher and lower while the mod is sitting on a desk, and clicking the fire button changes it?? All screws are tight btw. It does it once in a while, it is fine right now....

edit: I just noticed that the screw down in my 510 connector is really loose. Should it be this way??

Yes GMayberry, you're absolutely right!! At first I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me. There I was thinking.....

"Wait a minute, I thought that coil was at 1.1 ohms, not 1.2." And then a while later..... "Huh? I thought it was at 1.2. Now it's at 1.1 again????" :confused:

It happens quite regularly but it doesn't seem to affect performance. I guess if it's truly only 0.1 ohms off it's no big deal but I'm glad you mentioned it. I thought it was just an anomaly with mine.

As for the screw on the 510 connector, no, it shouldn't be loose. Having said that, I found that mine is a bit loose as well when it is not fully screwed down. But it is quite stable and solid when it is completely screwed down. So I just keep it like that. No connection or contact problems with any of my tanks or drippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread