Hana Modz DNA 50 Clone Voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Shakamoto

Jul 16, 2013
Edinburgh
For all you brainiacs and problem solvers out there. I've just recieved my hcigar dna 50 Hana Modz Clone from our friends at fasttech. Overall it seems like a niece piece for the price. I've only really one issues with it which is as follows. The voltage read out is fairly accurate up to 40w but can't seem to go higher than 6.4v all the way up to 50w. 50w should read at 7.07v given the below build.

I'm currently using purple efest 3100mah batts with a 1ohm dual coil on a plume veil.

Is it that the display is faulty, (doubt this), I need higher drain batts (probably not as not pushing the amp limit here), or simply just that it's a clone and the chip isn't all the way up to the job?

I'm leaning towards the last one but can't complain, as an (essentially) 40w mod for the price is pretty flippin good!

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Cheers folks!

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
For all you brainiacs and problem solvers out there. I've just recieved my Hcigar DNA 50 Hana Modz Clone from our friends at Fasttech. Overall it seems like a niece piece for the price. I've only really one issues with it which is as follows. The voltage read out is fairly accurate up to 40w but can't seem to go higher than 6.4v all the way up to 50w. 50w should read at 7.07v given the below build.

I'm currently using purple efest 3100mah batts with a 1ohm dual coil on a plume veil.

Is it that the display is faulty, (doubt this), I need higher drain batts (probably not as not pushing the amp limit here), or simply just that it's a clone and the chip isn't all the way up to the job?

I'm leaning towards the last one but can't complain, as an (essentially) 40w mod for the price is pretty flippin good!

Cheers folks!

I really have no idea, but I'm going with this.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
While your build is okay, those batteries only have a continuous discharge rating of around 5 amps. They are NOT 20 amp batteries. Be very careful using those with low ohm coils.

As for the 50w clone from FT, I got one two months ago (albeit I think a different model) and used it for all of two days, because I couldn't stand the static 510 and having to adjust every atty that went on it. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Buy cheap, get cheap.

-Treeburner

For all you brainiacs and problem solvers out there. I've just recieved my Hcigar DNA 50 Hana Modz Clone from our friends at Fasttech. Overall it seems like a niece piece for the price. I've only really one issues with it which is as follows. The voltage read out is fairly accurate up to 40w but can't seem to go higher than 6.4v all the way up to 50w. 50w should read at 7.07v given the below build.

Cheers folks!

Dr Shakamoto

Jul 16, 2013
Edinburgh
Heya, thanks for your reply. These batts are 10A cont. & 20A pulse. After playing around with it a bit more I think the boost system just isn't that good. As a fresh battery will boost fairly easily to the needed voltage but a semi drained one struggles a bit. Same after firing repeatedly. I only went for the 50 because it was only a bit more expensive. 30w is fine for me. I suppose if you want a 30 you need to buy the 50 and if you want a 20 you need to buy the 30 and so on!!! Luckily I got one of the newer spring loaded ones. Works like a charm! Yeah I no what you mean about getting what you pay for but I can't say I'm not happy with it. We all know what we're getting into when buying from fastech etc. Guess I thought I might be on the cusp of the holy grail of clones if there was a reasonable explanation for this! Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread