Hangsen liquids are colored and a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewieya

Jan 11, 2013
Baltimore
I saw a post in which someone requested colored liquids... all of the replies were that most makers don't color their liquids anymore. I have two Hangsen flavors (my only two eliquids so far, sad face) and both are orange in color (though the tobacco flavored one has turned brown in my vaporizer tank). I think the other flavors may have food coloring in them as well.

I haven't made my five posts yet, so I couldn't reply to that thread. Perhaps the person who started it will see this. :p I bought my flavors from Caterpillar Vapes.

I have been vaping (and haven't smoked a single cigarette!!!) since the night of 3/19. On my third day. Yay. I have a few questions:

• I read that tobacco flavors are more likely to make a person cough. I only have mango and a menthol so far. The mango is super smooth for me and the menthol makes me cough sometimes. Does anyone know why this happens?
  • I bought this: eGo CE4. The kit came with two batteries (I know that's probably the wrong term, I'm only three days in... I'm talking about the bottom part). I'm going to a local shop to pick up another eGo CE4 with an extra charger because I'm so in love with vaping and afraid everything will break on me. I need a back up! My question is about the eGo. It seems people have all kinds of setups. Part of me wants to get something special down the line while another part of me wants to go with what works and not add extra expense. Any thoughts? Is it worth it to upgrade? Anyone out there continue to use eGo vaporizers and remain happy with them?
  • Can someone point me in the direction or explain PG and VG to me? Why do people like different ratios? Is there a certain ratio that is "healthier" or "safer"? I read that some people are allergic to PG or VG but didn't pay atttention - which one of the two do people tend to be allergic to?
  • I'm finding I'm chain-vaping. I haven't had any bad effects, from what I can tell. I have had a sore throat but allergy season has come to my home town! Likely, that is the problem or it is because I am three days off ciggies (perhaps?). I wouldn't necessarily call this a bad effect, but I also feel as though my body can FEEL the nicotine. I don't feel dizzy or anything. Just a sort of light buzz after sucking a bunch of vapor. I usually set my ecig down and leave it alone for a bit when I feel that. I'm vaping 16mg liquids. I'm thinking if I go down to lighter nicotine content, I can chain-vape without worrying as much about how much nicotine I'm getting. Any thoughts on this?

That's all I have for now!

Thanks!

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , but some of the color , your seeing , is from the flavoring , not food coloring . Most juice maker's stopped using food coloring in their juices , due to concern , of ingesting coloring agents into your lungs . Your juice went from orange to brown , because of the heat generated by the coil , of whatever device you were using . Essentially , it was/is cooking your juice . Now as for PG and VG PG is a clear liquid , used as one of the available carriers for flavorings , in e-juice It is thinner than VG , and usually gives a better flavor , and throat hit . While VG ( vegetable Glycerin ) is also a clear liquid , that is a lot thicker , and slightly sweet . Used when people want more vapor ( smoke ) from their devices . Some people use a combination of the two for their juice . 60/40 50/50 etc . So if the juice has a yellow , orange , or brownish color , it's probably from the flavorings . If on the other hand , it's blue , or florescent green , then most definitely contains food coloring . People have been using those for quite awhile , with no ill effects , but not using them , means one less chemical/substance going into our bodies . As far as I know , there have been no conclusive facts to support or debunk any claims . Forgot . As far as flying , your still not allowed to use them on the plane , but abslutly never have any problems , getting through security . I just put my devices into my laptop bag , or carry-on , and let it go throgh the scanner . Most of the times , they don't even ask about them . They already have seen them for several years now . So no problemo .

Last edited:

Shreck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2009
Olivet, Michigan, United States
lower your nic and vape away. I did the same thing cause I just cant seem to set it down :)
Maybe even try 0 nic. I go that way once in a while when Im in the car cause i just puff puff puff the whole fricking time.

People tend to be more sensitive to the PG.
Drink plenty of water for the throat, PG and VG will dry you out.

If your happy with the egos there is no reason to upgrade unless it is out of curiosity. Many people use the egos as there only device. Whatever keeps you off the stinkies is the best device there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread