Hangsen weird nicotine levels. Counterfeits? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokyovapr

Jun 5, 2013
Tokyo
So I'm looking to buy some Hangsen RY4. Heard good things.

Here's the weird thing, when I go to some sites I see nicotine levels
of 0mg, 6mg, 11mg, and 24mg at 10ml and 30ml sized.

Then on other sites, the "same" Hangsen RY4 with nicotine levels of
6mg, 12mg, 18mg, and 24mg at 20ml size.

And yet another site, 0mg, 10mg, 12mg, 18mg, 24mg at 10ml and
30ml sized.

Doesn't it seem odd for Hangsen to in fact produce 0, 6, 10, 11, 12, 18, and 24mg
RY4? :confused: Does it seem likely that one or more of these is a knock-off
(like there are many knock-off Dekang juices)? How can I find out
what strengths Hangsen actually produces?

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Hangsen sells concentrated flavorings and juice. You're probably seeing vendors making the juice out of the flavors, that's why the big variety of nic levels. If they listed the PG/VG ratios and the % of flavor used they would probably all be different.if you find it in the 10ml bottles with tall cap and needle tip it's probably juice made by Hangsen and not the vendor. If it turns out you like the juice it's really easy to DIY it for really cheap.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
This is like asking what wines are good at a wine-tasting, Ratty. :)
Have a walk around, there's a Library of Congress sized collection of juice reviews in here.
But I notice that the OP is from Tokyo - I think that the lack of vendors who ship internationally are a real problem there. So one would naturally be trying to get the best Chinese possible.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Why do you have to buy Hangsen? or Dekang? I would skip both as there are soooo many better juice lines out there.

Taste is very subjective. I find some eliquid made here, that so many rave about, unvapeable. I prefer subtle flavors and many of the American made eliquids are like heavy perfume, they over-flavor them so much, for my taste.

Janty, out of the Netherlands, created the first RY4 and had DeKang produce it. I still find it the best RY4 on the market, as do many long time vapors. It was "subjectively" rated in the top 10 of RY4's out of about 40 tested.

Last edited:

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Every time I see people knocking Hangsen I think about all the rave things I have read in DIY for thier flavors and grin a bit. Nor is it outside the realm of reality that someones "american" e-liquid is based on a hangsen flavoring. Personally I am quite fond of a couple of Liqua e-liquids which are Italian..and made in china.

BTW-Fasttech sells hangsen, dekang and liqua and I am possitive that the liqua is not knock off so I doubt the others are. Great prices and free shipping.

tokyovapr

Jun 5, 2013
Tokyo
Every time I see people knocking Hangsen I think about all the rave things I have read in DIY for thier flavors and grin a bit. Nor is it outside the realm of reality that someones "american" e-liquid is based on a hangsen flavoring. Personally I am quite fond of a couple of Liqua e-liquids which are Italian..and made in china.

Several ppl asking "Why Hangsen?" Well, I have lots of premium juices, like Halo Tribecca, in fact I started with them. But am just curious to see just how some of the "good" budget juices compare. I've heard good things about the Hangsen RY4. I heard the original Dekang RY4 was good, but the recent versions not so much. I bought one, and concur. However, it's packaging (no "Dekang" on the label, unboxed, even though sold as Dekang) makes me suspect it's fake.

As I'm sure we're all aware, China is the land of counterfeits and as soon as one brand (be it Apple or Hangsen) sees a measure of market success, the counterfeiters move in fast.

I'm not particularly interested in companies mixing their own Hangsen RY4 based on Hangsen RY4 flavorings because I don't know what their quality controls are, often the PG/VG ratio isn't advertised or it's pure PG or pure VG, etc. Hangsen RY4 as mixed by Hangsen is 70/30 and if their factory tour on their website is any indication they are indeed a first class operation.

tokyovapr

Jun 5, 2013
Tokyo
This is like asking what wines are good at a wine-tasting, Ratty. :)
Have a walk around, there's a Library of Congress sized collection of juice reviews in here.
But I notice that the OP is from Tokyo - I think that the lack of vendors who ship internationally are a real problem there. So one would naturally be trying to get the best Chinese possible.

Yes, in Tokyo, and yes finding companies to ship internationally is challenging (though I'd found a handful now).

CrumbCake

Jun 1, 2013
PA
So I'm looking to buy some Hangsen RY4. Heard good things.

Here's the weird thing, when I go to some sites I see nicotine levels
of 0mg, 6mg, 11mg, and 24mg at 10ml and 30ml sized.

Then on other sites, the "same" Hangsen RY4 with nicotine levels of
6mg, 12mg, 18mg, and 24mg at 20ml size.

And yet another site, 0mg, 10mg, 12mg, 18mg, 24mg at 10ml and
30ml sized.

Doesn't it seem odd for Hangsen to in fact produce 0, 6, 10, 11, 12, 18, and 24mg
RY4? :confused: Does it seem likely that one or more of these is a knock-off
(like there are many knock-off Dekang juices)? How can I find out
what strengths Hangsen actually produces?

I just placed my first order at Caterpillar Vapes - your e-liquid, e-cigarette kits,e-cigarette and vaping superstore for Hangsen, and since I didn't see much about them on the forum I checked the Hangsen website and they are listed as the distributor for the U.S. Make The Best E-liquid ? Global Partners of Hangsen Holding Co.,Ltd

Caterpillar has great prices, literally just placed my order so can't comment on shipping speed or juice yet but at least with their website listed on Hangsen's site you know you're getting the real stuff.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Hmm you could ask Hangsen directly. They have helped me in the past through China.com. Here is a website to view.
The page is not found,return home page..
I love Hangsen flavorings. I mix my own.
They do have a few lines of E-liquid such as original, smart, premium, and diy flavorings.
The link does work....for some reason this always happens when I try to post on ECF. :)

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
I got scammed once with Hangsen juice that had weak flavor and harsh, way too strong Nic. Than I found out about Hangsen flavoring and realized I was sold some crappy mix by china vendor doing it on the cheap but selling it as genuine all made by Hangsen juice. Even the bottles looked right. Got to watch out for those scumbags. Always buy 1-2 small bootless from a vendor you don't know just to test the waters.

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
Why do you have to buy Hangsen? or Dekang? I would skip both as there are soooo many better juice lines out there.
If you never try, you never know. Have you tried some of the Dekang Tobaccos? They're hard to beat no matter where you buy from. I can't stand Dekang fruits but Tobaccos are something else. And yes this is only my own taste buds opinion.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Sorry to bump an old thread but was wondering if Catepillar Vaper is the only distributor to order from? I'd really like to try Cherry Cola, Blue Cola, and Red Cola in a 30ml bottle of each, but can't find em anywhere. Thanks for any advice.

Caterpillar vapes is SUPER fast and really inexpensive. I just bought from them last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread