Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Now it's close enough for me to wish the best guy in the world a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope it's a good one my friend.

IKVBDx_zps25ec88a4.jpg

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
AWWWW! Thank you so much guys!!
I don't know how you did t Miss D but right at 12:00! ♥♥
J5 I love the pic!! Haha Thank you!

It was a great one you guys!
It was justya nice and quiet day. Laid in bed till 11-12
Played a few video games with Jacob. Then visited my Mom and The Gyro company opened back up!
Haha The latter was the best! This place has AMAZING food and they were shut down for the past 8 or so months dealing only in the local baseball stadium. I only visited once to see if I can send a gift to a customer, but it was a no-go :(

So I ordered the food and took the kids and missus to 5 guys burgers and fries and then went off to the pharmacy to pick up allergy medication for my mom. There was a man all the way from Bangladesh asking for directions to a hospital because his daughter is in labor. No one really knew where exactly as the address he had didn't make sense. So I took him to our car to get the GPS and as it turns out, he did have the incorrect address and the hospital he was looking for was 45 minutes away! So I tried explaining which way to go, but knowing the route, there is no doubt he would have gotten lost, even with the displayed directions on the GPS and timing was of the essence. So, I told him that I would lead him the way. His gratitude was surreal but I had to remind him that we do not do good deeds in exchange for a reward. So about an hour and a half later and starving tummies, we made it to my mom's house. Miraculously, our dinner was still warm!!! Definitely a great day that I wouldn't change in the world.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
What an incredible "gift" you gave this family on your Birthday! A day that he, his wife and newborn will never forget...it doesn't get any better than that :)
Aww that would be sweet huh? You know, I hope the kiddies got the message. Honestly, I know little Jake is going to be fine. His level of being considerate and caring is surreal at 5 years of age. Putting others before him while maintaining leadership seems to be in his nature.

Lara, she's such a sweetheart, but she has a bit of a selfish greedy mentality. I hate to even speak it out loud but I can't hide this perception. She's been officially living under our roof for the past 2 years but is starting to do common good deeds not with the self intention. She's definitely coming around though.
Today was a great example. She held the door for a person today and got angry when they didn't thank her. The lesson was to do something good for you and know your doing the right thing. A person's reaction be it positive or negative shouldn't alter who you are. Haha don't mean to get all philosophical here. It just feels nice talking to you from a personal stand point.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Lara will come around. I've been living with my mother in law for 3 years and she is just now starting to understand that when I do things for her I don't expect something in return :) Altho she has many years on Lara, Katie has been surrounded by people who did expect something in return. I can't think of better role models for your kids than you and Val :wub:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
So I ordered the food and took the kids and missus to 5 guys burgers and fries and then went off to the pharmacy to pick up allergy medication for my mom. There was a man all the way from Bangladesh asking for directions to a hospital because his daughter is in labor. No one really knew where exactly as the address he had didn't make sense. So I took him to our car to get the GPS and as it turns out, he did have the incorrect address and the hospital he was looking for was 45 minutes away! So I tried explaining which way to go, but knowing the route, there is no doubt he would have gotten lost, even with the displayed directions on the GPS and timing was of the essence. So, I told him that I would lead him the way. His gratitude was surreal but I had to remind him that we do not do good deeds in exchange for a reward. So about an hour and a half later and starving tummies, we made it to my mom's house. Miraculously, our dinner was still warm!!! Definitely a great day that I wouldn't change in the world.

What a wonderful man you are buddy. You constantly amaze me with your goodness. It's just too bad there isn't more people like you in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread