• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Happy Thanksgiving!! I have a lot to be thankful for. The Packers beating up on the Lions was really fun, the food was filling and I am typing on my new computer, which I braved the Black Friday (Thursday) crowds to aquire. Whew,, it was worth it, I guess.

Hey Harmony!
Glad to hear from you and glad you found success on your venture out! How many days did you have to stand outside to get that great deal? And how is your Mom doing? :)

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Hey Harmony!
Glad to hear from you and glad you found success on your venture out! How many days did you have to stand outside to get that great deal? And how is your Mom doing? :)

Hey MlrGrl! I went to the local Walmart, which wasn't too bad. I waited about an hour and a half in a line, which I was #27 out of 35 available. (whew) They don't do the charge at the door thing there, you can wait inside the store. It's actually a pretty good system. You have to pick which blockbuster item you want most and go to a section of the store that is ribboned off to form the line. Everything is wrapped in plastic and at ten they unwrapped the first round of deals. People in line were really nice, and just sort of talked while we waited. At the sale time, you just walk by the palet with the stuff on it and they put it in your cart. If you want something else that went on sale at that time, you can then go and see if there are any left and grab that, too. If not, you're SOL. That's the time the store gets the most crammed, because everyone was moving through the aisles at the same time. There wasn't a fenzy feeling,,, but it took some patience. What I think is great about it is no stampede at opening time, and since people have to wait in line, it gives everyone a chance to get at least one thing they want.

Thanks for asking about my Mom, she's doing really well. She's healing pretty well,, not walking as well as she'd like, but overall in good spirits. She's able to travel, so I have her at my house for a couple weeks. Her recovery is what I'm most thankful for, but the puter is nice, too.

How about you?? did you get out there?

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
How about you?? did you get out there?

Nooooo...did it once 12 years ago voluntarily to put in my bucket, and 3 times when the guys asked me to do it at the farm for some wrench or something, but I never seem to see the really good items pre-sale LOL
I friend told me Monday about WalMart having the Kindle Fires for $199 plus she got a $75 WalMart gift card....now with that, I would have gone out! LOL

We got the Amazon Prime membership, on top of the streaming, I get free two day shipping. So this year, I'm ordering the gifts for back home and having them shipped for free to my sister's (I talked her into wrapping them for me LOL) and so the things I can't get here locally, at least I'll be able to save on shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread