Not open for further replies.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
Hey all,
I've been using my V1 Prodigy since the day I got it. It has taken the occasional break when I bought an eGo as backup but it has always been my go to device. I use it with an 18650 and have been debating buying a v3. Is the V3 much better than the V1? Am I better off just buying some new 18650 batts and giving the V1 a good cleaning? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I've had and loved the V1, V2, and the V3. Of course, it's only my opinion, but the V3 is, by far, the best of the best. It's smaller than the V1 and looks much better (especially in the Media Blasted finish). It is, however, much heavier than the V1. And I love the bottom button. (I thought I would hate it and almost didn't buy the V3 for that reason.)

And with the V3.1 switch, it requires almost no maintenance. And being a mechanical device (I assume your V1 still has the original Tact switch?), you can service it yourself very easily. I can completely break mine down, wipe off all of the parts, and reassemble in less than just a few minutes.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
I am currently using both my V1 and V3 all day, every day. I love them both. They deliver a different vape, so they are both appreciated. My V3 handles many more varieties of atomizers (LR, etc.) than the V1. I still love the classic look of the V1, but the media blasted V3 is a beauty and a workhorse, like my V1. I doubt that you will be disappointed in the V3.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
Okay, the mailman dropped off the Prodigy a few hours ago... I charged the batteries and am now vaping away!!

One question though, I started with a 306 atty and it would constantly fire once assembled. I couldn't screw the adapter down all of the way or the prodigy would fire the atty. I took the switch apart and removed the metal washer and now everything is working great. The button seems to have a good amount of travel to activate and I can screw the adapter down all of the way without it firing. Is this okay? It seems to work fine without the metal washer but I just wanted to be sure.

p.s. I have the 3.7v configuration.

pp.s. Casey, thanks for the goodies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread