Hard time finding good e-juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpMeetsTF2

Oct 11, 2018
I started getting into vaping and buying my own stuff pretty recently, but i've tried 25+ flavors of juice by now and i've only found one flavor thats something id say is "really good". most juice ive had is either bad or just decent. I've had quite a few more premium, pretty highly regarded ejuices like Naked 100 and Air Factory etc etc. and a decent bit of more budget stuff as well. But nothing ive had is much better than what id just call decent. The only flavor ive had that is downright amazing is this stuff off of vistavapors premium Vista Select line that they call Southern. Really just wondering if this is a common issue among people or if im just weird in that aspect or just really picky or what. I feel like most people dont have this issue lol.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I will say that peoples tastes vary quite a bit. Some people only like tobacco flavors, really sweet or not sweet at all. I love dessert flavors, creams custards chocolates coffees, some people hate dessert flavors and go for fruits... I go both ways. Some vape unflavored. You sound "pickier" than many, but there's nothing wrong with that, it's about you and your experience.
It could be that you're not getting as much out of your vape as you could due to your setup or how you use it.
What do you have for a mod or battery device, and what tank or atomizer, AND if your device is variable wattage / voltage, what settings do you keep it on?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I started getting into vaping and buying my own stuff pretty recently, but i've tried 25+ flavors of juice by now and i've only found one flavor thats something id say is "really good". most juice ive had is either bad or just decent. I've had quite a few more premium, pretty highly regarded ejuices like Naked 100 and Air Factory etc etc. and a decent bit of more budget stuff as well. But nothing ive had is much better than what id just call decent. The only flavor ive had that is downright amazing is this stuff off of vistavapors premium Vista Select line that they call Southern. Really just wondering if this is a common issue among people or if im just weird in that aspect or just really picky or what. I feel like most people dont have this issue lol.
Hi and welcome,
The "southern" appears to be a cigar type tobacco flavour.
What other tobaccos have you tried? (25+ flavors)?
What equipment are you using? (Battery device/Topper/Pod?)
When smoking, did you smoke pipes/cigars or cigarettes? What was your favorite tobacco/brand?
Have you tried NET tobaccos or WTA fortified mixes?

Cheers
I

DerpMeetsTF2

Oct 11, 2018
Hi and welcome,
The "southern" appears to be a cigar type tobacco flavour.
What other tobaccos have you tried? (25+ flavors)?
What equipment are you using? (Battery device/Topper/Pod?)
When smoking, did you smoke pipes/cigars or cigarettes? What was your favorite tobacco/brand?
Have you tried NET tobaccos or WTA fortified mixes?

Cheers
I
For the equipment I'm using, SMOK alien mod with the baby beast tank at 55 watts. I plan on upgrading to a Freemax Mesh Pro tank soon and that's supposed to have some of the best flavor for a sub ohm tankt from what I've heard. So maybe that'll help me out with this situation a bit. As to what other tobacco flavors I've tried, not that many. A few of Vista vapors various tobacco flavors and the American Tobacco naked 100 juice. (Smoked cigs btw). Most of what I've tried have been fruity flavors. I'll probably try some more creamy type juices as that's a big part of what I like about the southern stuff so much. It's the only eliquid that I've tried that's at all creamy.

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Back when they had little tanks to try everything at vape shops -- easy, though flawed -- I considered it doing good to find one flavor in the whole shop I really liked. Recently I tried a few fruity flavors at a shop to see if they were particularly better than my DIY attempts, and they seemed to have the same problems. I did try some somewhere that was really good (though very sweet) but despite the popularity of fruit flavors, I don't think it's just preference, there's an inherent flaw to overcome. Meanwhile, tobacco flavors aren't popular, but can be absolutely magical in ejuice.

If you're willing to order tobacco juices, I recommend Goodejuice and MFS. I mainly use them at <10 watts though, seems like these would be too strong flavored for higher power.

DIY has been a breakthrough for flavors for me because it's cheap enough to try things, such as very light flavorings and mixing up many bottles of simple single flavor juices to try combining to see what I really like. Also tobaccos are more available. It easily becomes a "hobby" though, by which I mean an activity for which you have a lot of stuff.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Try some Uncle Junk's JW (Jon wayne) or AVE Boba's Bounty for a unique tobacco vape.
    There are MANY others, but we all taste things differently. It IS a journey.

Good luck
    I

House of Liquid - Liquid Tobacco Boutique :thumbs:
    Yes
    I would try bobas bounty, also a couple from indigo called uncle cutty or oohra. Then heathers heavenly vapes has great tobacco flavors also. If you want to try a good coffee, heathers makes a nice one , mocha java smooth. Another is tribecca from halo

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Southwest PA, USA, Earth
    I have the same issue in 3 years of vaping (average of about 4000ml a year, sounds crazy but that's about 11ml a day which I guess still is a lot.) I've found only 3 or 4 juices I would readily buy again. I've done 6 months of zamplebox in a quest for flavor, 11 30ml a month. Out of those 66 flavors I came across 2 that I would consider getting again. It seems that I only truly enjoy mango or raspberry type vapes.

I'm currently ducking down a 100ml bottle of churronimo from fjs eliquid, churro vanilla ice cream sandwich. Its pretty good but not good enough to where I'll stockpile on it.

It sucks and it can get expensive but if your like me, super picky, then you gotta just keep trying and narrowing down what you like. I like tobacco's but everyone I've had so far, which is only a handful of cheaper ones, are just terribly sweet. I haven't yet had a chance to look at some NET juices or WTA or whatever else there is. Maybe someday.

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    I have the same issue in 3 years of vaping (average of about 4000ml a year, sounds crazy but that's about 11ml a day which I guess still is a lot.) I've found only 3 or 4 juices I would readily buy again. I've done 6 months of zamplebox in a quest for flavor, 11 30ml a month. Out of those 66 flavors I came across 2 that I would consider getting again. It seems that I only truly enjoy mango or raspberry type vapes.

I'm currently ducking down a 100ml bottle of churronimo from fjs eliquid, churro vanilla ice cream sandwich. Its pretty good but not good enough to where I'll stockpile on it.

It sucks and it can get expensive but if your like me, super picky, then you gotta just keep trying and narrowing down what you like. I like tobacco's but everyone I've had so far, which is only a handful of cheaper ones, are just terribly sweet. I haven't yet had a chance to look at some NET juices or WTA or whatever else there is. Maybe someday.

If you like mango, try skwezed mango. I kid you not it is the same as taking a big juice bite out of a fresh mango. Not like nasty candy flavor thst most juices seem to aim for. Im not a fan of candy flavors. Probably why I like Skwezed, it tastes like you just squeezed the fruit into your RDA and vaped it.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Southwest PA, USA, Earth
    If you like mango, try skwezed mango. I kid you not it is the same as taking a big juice bite out of a fresh mango. Not like nasty candy flavor thst most juices seem to aim for. Im not a fan of candy flavors. Probably why I like Skwezed, it tastes like you just squeezed the fruit into your RDA and vaped it.

I finished 100ml of that last week. Was a very sad moment. I totally agree, it is probably the best mango juice I've had. It's one of the few juices i like. I also had one called Iota by Alternative. It's a peach mango with a very light menthol finish. Almost nonexistent but just enough IMO to add that little extra I feel most juices need. I've been considering Skwezed grapefruit. I heard it's good but I am a bit cautious with citrus juice, I cant vape anything lemon for some reason. To much on the throat. Sweet orange juices are ok though.

This is why I'm saving what little money I make a few bucks at a time and I'm going to dive head on into making my own juice.

Reactions: stols001

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    I finished 100ml of that last week. Was a very sad moment. I totally agree, it is probably the best mango juice I've had. It's one of the few juices i like. I also had one called Iota by Alternative. It's a peach mango with a very light menthol finish. Almost nonexistent but just enough IMO to add that little extra I feel most juices need. I've been considering Skwezed grapefruit. I heard it's good but I am a bit cautious with citrus juice, I cant vape anything lemon for some reason. To much on the throat. Sweet orange juices are ok though.

This is why I'm saving what little money I make a few bucks at a time and I'm going to dive head on into making my own juice.

If you liked mango, youd probably love grapefruit! I donf like actual grapefruit, but I loveeee skwezed grapefruit. I like their mango also but grapefruit is my all day vape. You should absolutely try it!

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Southwest PA, USA, Earth
    If you liked mango, youd probably love grapefruit! I donf like actual grapefruit, but I loveeee skwezed grapefruit. I like their mango also but grapefruit is my all day vape. You should absolutely try it!

Is it really sweet, or citrusy? Or somewhere in between. I've never actually had a grapefruit or anything grapefruit flavored if I'm honest. My lady is diabetic and says something about grapefruit messing with her insulin so we dont have any in the house. It's kinda funny too, I love anything mango flavored but I had a real mango just 4 days ago for the first time. Pretty darn tasty if i say so.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Southwest PA, USA, Earth
    Unflavored DIY for FTW. Spent thousands on flavored juice I never liked :2c:
    I thought about that, wonder how unflavored would be with just a touch of sweetener. Sugar flavored juice? Just sweet how I like it without worrying about any flavors steeping or playing well or what I'm in the mood for.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Grapefruit is my favorite citrus . I am not allowed to consume it anymore unfortunately it does some sort of liver thing with a med I take.

I really should try DIY it. I miss it! It also is the best hangover remedy in my opinion but I don't need that function anymore....

If anyone knows a good flavor brand do chime in (I hope this is okay).

Anna

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
    Jan 11, 2018
    Taste is such a personal thing. I'm quite a picky vaper as well. I've bot many bottles I ended up giving away, as my coworkers aren't nearly as picky. I'm a MTL vaper and generally use 24 mg/ml nic salts or 12 mg/ml freebase nicotine.
    My personal preference is mixed tobacco flavours. My favorite, in order would be:
    1. Rope Cut - Dark Thirty - - Plumb tobacco with rum & raisin
    2. BB Vapes BLVK - - oriental tobacco with custard
    3. Numrls N-1 - - tobacco with custard
    I've yet to find a "pure" tobacco flavour I'm completely happy with.
    Good luck in your hunt :)
    M.

ames001

ECF Veteran
    Jan 11, 2010
    Canada
    honestly... honestly. i have been vaping since 2009. best brand i found was in california.
    uneducated about the border changes, i didnt want to order any juice from them just to lose it to customs, two weeks ago.
    so i switched to DIY, which i'd wanted to do for years, but as i only have one fully functional hand i needed a partner in crime.
    using the same brand of flavoring that my favorite brand used; i did my research. i have over 60 pages of word document recipes and i'm not even halfway through the thread in question.
    oh, and all of the ones i've mixed for myself or my two helpers; has gotten either the "you, MADE, THIS?" or "better than anything we've bought in the stores". Its saturday. I only made my first batches on tuesday.

that would be my opinion. although if you're in the states, tasty vapor may have a juice or two that you'd like.

sometimes too, the unit can affect the brains idea of what summink actually tastes like. you may find that if you fiddle with your wattage, the juices you have taste a bit better

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread