Hard time finding good e-juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
If you like mango, try skwezed mango. I kid you not it is the same as taking a big juice bite out of a fresh mango. Not like nasty candy flavor thst most juices seem to aim for. Im not a fan of candy flavors. Probably why I like Skwezed, it tastes like you just squeezed the fruit into your rda and vaped it.
don"t all the skwezed flavors have a non advertised menthol?koolada thing going on.....the grapefruit I got definitely did

Reactions: stols001

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
don"t all the skwezed flavors have a non advertised menthol?koolada thing going on.....the grapefruit I got definitely did

Nope no menthold/kool flavor in mine! The only flavor that has a hint menthol in it by Skwezed is the lychee flavor cause thats how lychee tastes. I cannot stand any hint of menthol/kool/icey/freeze at all. Id throw it out immeadiatly if it did! But yeah, it sounds like you tridd the lychee flavor from them, that has a hint of menthol in it just cause thats lychee. But all other flavors dont have any hint at all! [:

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
Nope no menthold/kool flavor in mine! The only flavor that has a hint menthol in it by Skwezed is the lychee flavor cause thats how lychee tastes. I cannot stand any hint of menthol/kool/icey/freeze at all. Id throw it out immeadiatly if it did! But yeah, it sounds like you tridd the lychee flavor from them, that has a hint of menthol in it just cause thats lychee. But all other flavors dont have any hint at all! [:
Nope it was the Grapefruit, would never even consider a lychee flavor menthol or not

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
So far I'm really digging Vapetasia flavors: Killer Kustard, Royalty II, Rainbow Road. Also, Apricot Custard by That1Vape. Johnny's Juice's Blue Raz Custard & All Over Her Face (lol) are also awesome.

I didn't have time to read through the whole thread, but I do agree that wattage can play a huge role in how e-juice tastes.

JSL_Aus

Aug 16, 2018
To the OP - yep, I'm the same. I've vaped probably 30+ flavours in the 5 months I've been vaping, and maybe 3, possibly 4 are ones I'd buy again. So that is a success rate of only 1 in 10 juices I like enough to buy again.

A lot of flavours are just ok, can vape them, but kinda want to get through the tank so I can go back to one of my favourites, lol.

And of course about 25% of juices I've tried are either really bad, or just something I've debated just throwing out.

A couple of liquids I've had I'm loving them for a while, but then if I stop vaping them for a few weeks, often I can come back to them again, and go "really? This juice is not as good as I remember it."

I'm convinced that there are a few e-juices out there that will become my perfect ADV. Until then, I'm stuck on the relentless "hunting-for-the-perfect-ADV" treadmill..

I was going to add - your comment that "most people don't seem to have this problem" - my observation is that many, if not most reviews people do for e-juices tend to overstate how good a juice is. How I can say that is that I've bought a fair few e-liquids based on the rave reviews, and with only a few exceptions, I've been majorly disappointed. It seems that either negative reviews are being filtered out, or people are only writing reviews for juices they really love, so the impression we are getting is that there are all these great tasting liquids out there, whereas in reality, only a small percentage of juice makes us go "wow. This stuff rocks" ;)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Back when they had little tanks to try everything at vape shops -- easy, though flawed -- I considered it doing good to find one flavor in the whole shop I really liked. Recently I tried a few fruity flavors at a shop to see if they were particularly better than my DIY attempts, and they seemed to have the same problems. I did try some somewhere that was really good (though very sweet) but despite the popularity of fruit flavors, I don't think it's just preference, there's an inherent flaw to overcome. Meanwhile, tobacco flavors aren't popular, but can be absolutely magical in ejuice.

If you're willing to order tobacco juices, I recommend Goodejuice and MFS. I mainly use them at <10 watts though, seems like these would be too strong flavored for higher power.

DIY has been a breakthrough for flavors for me because it's cheap enough to try things, such as very light flavorings and mixing up many bottles of simple single flavor juices to try combining to see what I really like. Also tobaccos are more available. It easily becomes a "hobby" though, by which I mean an activity for which you have a lot of stuff.
They don't have tasting bars anymore where you live, that sucks! That would make for an expensive trail and error. I also have a really hard time finding anything I like. I was recently at one of the vape shops in my city, stood at the taste bar for an hour an left without any luck.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I started getting into vaping and buying my own stuff pretty recently, but i've tried 25+ flavors of juice by now and i've only found one flavor thats something id say is "really good". most juice ive had is either bad or just decent. I've had quite a few more premium, pretty highly regarded ejuices like Naked 100 and Air Factory etc etc. and a decent bit of more budget stuff as well. But nothing ive had is much better than what id just call decent. The only flavor ive had that is downright amazing is this stuff off of vistavapors premium Vista Select line that they call Southern. Really just wondering if this is a common issue among people or if im just weird in that aspect or just really picky or what. I feel like most people dont have this issue lol.
I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. I have a really hard time finding anything I like. I can vape 20 flavors at the vape shop with their sample tanks and not like one.

maorla01

Oct 26, 2018
For the equipment I'm using, SMOK alien mod with the baby beast tank at 55 watts. I plan on upgrading to a Freemax Mesh Pro tank soon and that's supposed to have some of the best flavor for a sub ohm tankt from what I've heard. So maybe that'll help me out with this situation a bit. As to what other tobacco flavors I've tried, not that many. A few of Vista vapors various tobacco flavors and the American Tobacco naked 100 juice. (Smoked cigs btw). Most of what I've tried have been fruity flavors. I'll probably try some more creamy type juices as that's a big part of what I like about the southern stuff so much. It's the only eliquid that I've tried that's at all creamy.
Yeah once you get your Freemax you should notice a big difference in flavor with the mesh coils for Pre-Built coils mesh is definitely the way to go it heats more evenly and tastes so much better I am not a huge fan of Smok coils they don’t seem to last long and others coils seem to have much better flavor I’d also try a little higher wattage I like my mesh coils from sense the best and I can vape them at 80-90 watts no problem and get great flavor as for juice I love desert flavors My favorite is Cannoli Be One from Casadega Liquids it’s a bit pricey but it’s the best Cannoli flavor I’ve found and tastes amazing it’s sweet and creamy and got a nice pastry crust flavor I’d definitely recommend it

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
This is why I'm saving what little money I make a few bucks at a time and I'm going to dive head on into
Save up plenty. Cuz my experience has been that you may go thru just as many lousy recipes as you did poor commercial juices.
By no means do I intend to discourage you but be patient with it cuz it can be a rocky start.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
Save up plenty. Cuz my experience has been that you may go thru just as many lousy recipes as you did poor commercial juices.
By no means do I intend to discourage you but be patient with it cuz it can be a rocky start.
I agree, I have shopping lists saved on a few sites and I plan on buying the ingredients to try and copy my favorite juices, along with single flavors to start off with that I like and I have a few wrote down that I think would be good if mixed right. I'd love just a good straight cherry but from what I've read that's not a beginner level thing and the recipes I've seen that are regarded as well require a variety of ingredients at precise levels. Too much or too little you get robitussin or bleach. It's all subjective of course.

Reactions: Foggy Road
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread