Has anyone heard this one yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoking B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Middle of Nowhere, PA, USA
your toothbrush ususally contains a small amount of fecal matter that's aquired on the bristles from it being in your bathroom.

you should probably stop brushing your teeth if you don't want poo in your mouth.

I almost snorted my drink out through my nose when I read this :laugh:

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
If you are using an EGO or anything more advanced, then the answer is that you are inhaling no more than you would using a mobile phone.

If you are using a cig-a-like, then it is very, very unlikely that you will be inhaling any chemicals from the battery, but if it worries you, upgrade to an EGO or another cig-a-like, where the air goes nowhere near the battery.

Battery acid in the sorts of quantities you would be inhaling would be no worse than vinegar fumes, and vinegar at concentrations that you can't even smell. But there is no battery acid in a lithium battery. That very fact should tell you all you need to know about the quality of the article you read.

mastatom85

Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
Broomfield; CO
there are too many articles and bunk so-called studies going around..

I can't see how this could be possible.

I have read this; It doesn't apply to majority of vapers out there; These articles are talking about "ecigs" like the blu and stuff you can buy at the corner store; where you do get airflow that goes by the actual battery compartment. Not an issue on mods...

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I have read this; It doesn't apply to majority of vapers out there; These articles are talking about "ecigs" like the blu and stuff you can buy at the corner store; where you do get airflow that goes by the actual battery compartment. Not an issue on mods...

I would love to hear where and from whom these articles are coming from. I'm betting it is more ANTZ propaganda.
No live links though. ;)

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Robin,

I think someone found/referenced the likely source here on ECF. I've done a few searches but haven't found it (yet).

I thought it was related to the junk formaldehype study - possibly an article in France that misstated that miserable pseudo research.
But if not that study, it was misrepresenting another piece of propaganda that was really about some other vaping FUD. They totally missed it d'oh!

OP,
The claim of is totally without merit. Vape on!

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
even with the auto cigalikes - the airflow for the inhale comes thru the atty connector. That is why there are slots at the top of the batt connector and holes in the side of the atty connector above the threads. You are not inhaling directly thru the battery though the vacuum an inhale creates causes a switch to activate the battery.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
In 2 words or less: not likely.

Everyone responding to this thread: how many times do we say 'No question is a stupid question'?

The OP has a concern and wanted to get an answer. I would rather the question get asked and disproved, than to let anyone continue to worry about false information.

Robin,

I do agree, every question asked deserves the best answer we can give. Perhaps my proposed name for the forum ("The sky is falling") was a poor choice.

But, we are starting to see an increase in posts basically of the form "I read in my local paper that vaping {does this, causes that, is N times worse than cigarettes, etc}. And most of these come from BAD media representations (sometimes of BAD studies). I'm sure you realize how this can be bad for ECF, for the same reason we break links to this crap.

Perhaps we could move these to a forum called "Angst caused by FUD"? Or something like that?
Normally I wouldn't worry, but the frequency seems to be skyrocketing (in synch with the ever-more-strident BS "studies").

And in terms of utility to the "General Vaping" community, how useful, really, is a post discussing inhaling battery acid??????

I'm not recommending we do a Mythbusters approach (those guys are entertaining, but they're basically idiots, which is one of the reason they're so entertaining). But a thread, concerning ignorant press coverage of irrelevant or incompetent studies or statements should, IMHO get shuffled off somewhere else (and into a search-restricted forum, so google doesn't start rating "e-cigs battery acid" as a promising choice.

Just my 2 cents.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
twgbonehead, I hear you and I do get it. Unfortunately, yeah, the media is really hitting hard with this stuff. Not sure what the answer is. I would rather see threads debunking the studies. If it is a media thing, *that stuff we move into media and news.

We do have the TinFoilHat area ;) Stuff like this doesn't quite qualify

*which reminds me there are a couple of threads I need to move.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread