Has anyone solved the heat issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSFA

Mar 1, 2013
Los Angeles
I must admit I've been away from the forum for quite awhile so haven't kept up with any changes. Has anyone come up with a solution for the fact that the atty cover gets so hot you really can't hold the eroll like an analog after you hit it?

I bought the kit along with an extra battery when they first came out but found myself simply going with my twist more and more so have kind of just abandoned it. It would be nice to break it out again for nights out.

I do like the new case that holds an extra battery. Looks like the perfect solution for an obvious problem.

ostego

Verified Member
May 19, 2013
United Kingdom
It's become natural to me now to just hold by the light-up end with my thumb index and middle fingers! It seems weird at first, but just becomes natural! Am worried if i ever smoked an analogue now I'd end up getting a nasty finger burn!!

When lying in bed though i have accidentally dropped it on my chest a couple of times... and that's when you realise how hot it truly gets!!

redbucket

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
USA
I also hold it below the cone after the first couple draws. It's annoying, though, because I feel like I'm holding it the way I'd hold an illicit substance (filter) joint. Sometimes I do hold it above the cone, but that feels unnatural to me. But yeah, there's really no other way around this. Hold it above or below the cone, that's all you can do.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Reading this I'm thinking it must have to do with the size of the hands. I'm very comfortable holding it like a smoke just below the air hole and that's actually one of my fav things about the eroll. I wear a size 7 ring, not by any means a petite hand, but can see where a guy with larger hands might have a problem. But P Busardo holds it like I do. Maybe one day Joye will come out with a super long tank to solve this that can just be switched to the regular size for charging. But, as it is, when I try to hold it using the tank, it feels unbalanced and I have to use my lips/teeth to keep it from dropping.

Last edited:

ostego

Verified Member
May 19, 2013
United Kingdom
Reading this I'm thinking it must have to do with the size of the hands. I'm very comfortable holding it like a smoke just below the air hole and that's actually one of my fav things about the eroll. I wear a size 7 ring, not by any means a petite hand, but can see where a guy with larger hands might have a problem. But P Busardo holds it like I do. Maybe one day Joye will come out with a super long tank to solve this that can just be switched to the regular size for charging. But, as it is, when I try to hold it using the tank, it feels unbalanced and I have to use my lips/teeth to keep it from dropping.

You don't know how lucky you are! I'm plagued with giant hands! I cursed the day touch screen smart phones came out as my fat thumbs mean i struggle with micro technology!! Just tried holding it the way you do and it's burnt the ends of my fingers!

Think holding it differently to a normal cig can be quite nice though, the weighting of it lends itself perfectly to be held at the end!

redbucket

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
USA
As a dude wearing a size 12 ring, yeah, it's a bit more of an issue for us I think. But I don't think a longer tank would help much. The issue is weight, even a tank twice as long is going to weigh a lot less than the battery/atty/cone on the end of it. So the center balance point would just be a little closer to the tank, making it even closer to the air hole. Unless the tank was like seven inches long, which would be hilarious. I'd feel like an early 20th century cat using a cigarette holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread