has anyone tired the cloud chaser 40 amp battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpimp5757

Dec 16, 2013
United States
Just saw a post of someone on instagram showing off a battery that is black and blue created by a company called Purecask Vapors at Purecask.com in their battery section. Shows true stats of a 40 amp battery and 2500mah 40a continuous, claimed to be the"vtc5". Has a spec sheet on the website and everything. Has anyone tried it and is it true by what they're advertising? I'd buy one but they're sold out as they're the only website to carry them and I just bought a mxjo and a imren battery.

Sorry for the typo on the title lol, I'm using Swype on my phone.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have not tried this battery. They are out of stock right now.

A couple of issues from the 'specification sheet':

'Quick discharge: 40 amp, 10C'
-These are rated at 2500 mAh, so 10C = 25 amps. Also, note that it does not say 'continuous discharge'.

'Maximum discharge: 60A, 20C'
-20C = 50A.

I've seen this kind of thing before. People are re-wrapping batteries and selling them with inflated, or unclear specs. They typically end up being LG HE2 or Samsung 25R batteries which have a 20 amp continuous rating and cost around $8 from a reputable supplier. I saw one of these batts going for $7.50 today, but I don't remember where.

I know of no 40A continuous 18650 battery on the market right now.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Heh, I've had this discussion with a few people.

As far as ANYONE's concerned, there is no vape-safe 18650 capable of outputting 40A. The only batteries rated for that kind of high discharge are used in power tools (and those aren't practical for vape use because of the chemistry of the battery, in most cases).

It seems pretty easy to re-wrap any old 20A battery and say it's 35A or more. Look at MXJO, a company that has only existed for.. What.. 6 months? They magically managed to produce a 35A 2000mAh 18650, something that even Sony and Efest have yet to do.

Be wary of falsely-advertised batteries. If you're not sub-ohming or pushing your amp limits, you really shouldn't worry, but for the most part if it's advertised as >20A (and you're going to be nearing whatever limit is advertised), it's worth being skeptical.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Why does everyone jump on the "If sony couldn't do it, it can't be done" bandwagon? I'm just curious and not trying to insult anyone. Shouldn't we wait for test results before we jump to conclusions?

Because only companies like this have the R&D that it takes to advance the technology. That's also why they sell the new stuff at a premium price until the competition reverse engineers and distributes their own version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread