Status
Not open for further replies.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
I got my freebie a week ago and loved it but it's been steeping some more last few days and it's better if that's possible than my first try! Very yummy thank you for the opportunity to try it. I've placed an order and forgot to add more ry4 though!!! I will get some next order. This order I'm trying grape, peach and watermelon can't wait

Last cigarette 16th October, 2011. Forever grateful for the support and advice from ECF.

Thank you for your review.
May i know what does "it's been steeping some more last few days "? I do not understand the meaning. could you explain? :)
I want to know more about RY4. Thanks again!

MegaBee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Queensland Australia
Steeping just means to me that it's been sitting in a dark container for a few days untouched. I've heard some flavours improve after a while so I thought it would be interesting to taste it again after letting it sit for a while

Last cigarette 16th October, 2011. Forever grateful for the support and advice from ECF.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
Steeping just means to me that it's been sitting in a dark container for a few days untouched. I've heard some flavours improve after a while so I thought it would be interesting to taste it again after letting it sit for a while

Thank you for your explanation. :)

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Steeping helps mend & develop the flavours and slightly oxidizes the liquid. The name comes from making tea. If you don't let your Tea leaves steep long enough it will lack some flavour. It's similar to aging wine or cheese.

I steep by shaking the bottle well and taking the cap and dropper off over night so it can Air and then shaking again in the morning. I do this where there is no other smells like perfume or cooking foods that could get into the e-liquid (why I only do it overnight). The most I have to do this for shipped to me liquid is 2 or 3 nights and the flavour is at it's best.

When I make my own DIY liquid, To help mend, or bring together the fresh mixed flavours, I will fill a shallow bowl with hot water and place the bottle with cap on and standing up into the dish to warm it up. When it's warm I will then shake it and repeat again with heat. After a few times I will dry the bottle and carefully take the cap off and dry it and the bottle dropper to get rid of any water that could ruin the e-liquid. I then take the dropper off and begin Steeping over night. If you get any tap water in e-liquid it will ruin it and will taste bad, so I dry everything well before taking dropper off.

A lot of flavour used in e-liquid can take 2 weeks or longer to develop after it is mixed. For example, if you use the sweetener Ethyl Maltol and vape right after it is mixed, it won't be sweet. Wait 4 days and it will start to be sweet. Wait a week and it will be even sweeter. After 2 weeks it should be as sweet as it will ever get. This is the Steep time to Develop the sweetener of Ethyl Maltol. Other flavours have their own times and some need none. A caramel flavour I use will taste like Candle wax for 2 or 3 days after I mix with it. After 4 or 5 days it no longer taste like wax and becomes a delicious Caramel. The 2 methods I described above help to shorten the time needed to steep, or speed things up.

Last edited:

ricardofmf

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
sweden
How concentrated? What percentage do you find satisfying? Did you mix with PG, VG or a blend?

Inquiring minds want to know ;-) (in the US, a really bad newspaper that only writes about movie stars uses this as a slogan)
sorry for the delay in replying,
i use 2ml pg, 4ml vg and 25 drops flavor, for now it works perfectly for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread