The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Has anyone tried vaping from the Uwell Crown RBA?

Discussion in 'Sub-Ohm' started by NDK2010, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NDK2010

NDK2010 Full Member

Jul 29, 2015
    California
    I'm curious to know how the Crown RBA compares with pre-built coils. As in Wattage, flavor, and clouds. Is the RBA better?

2. Sevarin

Sevarin Full Member Verified Member

While I LOVE the Crown tank from Uwell, I'm a little disappointed with the RBA section. It just doesn't have the airflow of the pre-built coils. That's why I took a plunge and got the SMOK TFV4 and love it. They did it right with their RBA deck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Two_Bears

Two_Bears Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I thought about the Crown but I didn't like the fact that the RBA was sold separately..

So instead of paying $50+ for Crown and RBA I went Goblin Mini for $19.99.

The flavor from the mini is out of this world

4. BuryFC

BuryFC Full Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Joplin, MO
    I have the Black Crown ($33.00 from Royalty Vapes) and bought the RBA ($10) but haven't used it yet. It does seem really small, probably about the same size as the pre-builts. The only hope I have for it is that it may slow down juice consumption but I'm afraid it's going to kill the flavor/vapor.

I just pulled it out of the box... man do they have this thing on tight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Two_Bears

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I almost bought a Crown tank but it was too much IMHO. The tank was $37 without the RBA. And the RBA was another $18.

Congrats on getting a deal on the RBA.

I have heard the flavor of the Crown is very good.

6. cjpeltz

cjpeltz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2014
    United States
    Honestly if the tank was $100 I would buy it. Don't worry about the RBA section, you will probably be dissapointed. Get the tank, take a risk. You will not be dissapointed with the pre built coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

7. Two_Bears

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Thank you no. I would not waste my time on a tank I could not rebuild.

I actually enjoy wrapping coils and wicking them for the way I vape. I am rocking a Goblin Mini and a Kayfun Lite Plus with .8 ohm coils.

8. cjpeltz

cjpeltz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2014
    United States
    Understand and I was the exact same way. Until I have been using some of the sub ohm tanks like the smok tct, starre pro, and crown. I now have very little interest in building my own coils now. But if rba is your thing, seems like lots of folks have had trouble with it so it may not be the tank for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

9. Two_Bears

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Rebuilding is either your thing or it isn't.

With 50+ sub ohm tanks out there I really don't want to pick a tank then a year or two later unable to get coils for it, and then spending money on cad coils that leak or have the cotton too tight and get burned hits.

I prefer to wrap my own coils to the ohm level I want and wick them with organic cotton balls from Walgreens or CVS.

10. vaportester

vaportester Full Member

Sep 22, 2015
    US
    The tank is good the RBA is a bit so-so in my opionion the "S-Wick" has been working the best for me, interested to hear more ways to wick.

11. PremiumVapeSupply

PremiumVapeSupply New Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Hi guys and thank you all for the opinions on the Uwell Crown. We're actually the west coast official distributor for the Uwell Crown in the United States and work directly with them! I definitely do understand that the RBA head is a bit difficult to build on, but we have had many successes with it. You can actually get very good wicking from it, however it's really for those who want a specifically garnered vape with their resistance. However, that's why Uwell and ourselves have banked on the success of the coils. The stainless steel coils work very well in many sub-ohm mods, and the NI200 has yet to give myself a dry hit!

If you guys have any questions regarding the Uwell Crown, please feel free to PM me or if you're just wanting a coupon code, I have that too!

12. sig-cmt

sig-cmt Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2015
    HoustΩn, TX
    You should tell Uwell to start banking on the RBA. You can't even place a 3mm ID coil on it safely.

13. bman1977

bman1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2014
    New Jersey
    I haven't used the RBA section yet. The pre built coils are fantastic but I definitely prefer to build my own.

14. Two_Bears

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I agree 100% @bman1977.

I LOVE rebuilding. I use two RTAs and neither of them uses premade coils at all.

15. ariffza

ariffza Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    I've basically given up on their RBA. I think their juice hole is too small to get proper wicking. Even when I get my build just right, it'll only last for a day. I'm contemplating on making the juice hole bigger.

16. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    It's not too difficult for me to get a good build/wicking in RBA section, but I didn't have a particular method per se, I just wing it. Now, that said, I do think the wick holes/airflow could be re-designed and I imagine they will be. V2 anyone?

17. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    I've been thinking of getting the Crown tank as well, but really want to be able to use the RBA for it as well. I want another tank and have been thinking of an RTA, but it's nice of having the flexibility of just popping in a pre-built coil. So far, hearing mixed reviews about their RBA, so hopefully a v2 is in the works.

18. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Yes, they really need to version-two it! LOL

19. Two_Bears

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    My problem with the Crown is it is a full price tank and you have to buy the RBA separately. About $45-50 when your done.

• Like Like x 1
  20. znamsienatym

znamsienatym Full Member Verified Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland, Warsaw
    Crwon is a great subohm atty but RBA...is not so good. Uwell engineers need to improve it. Liquid channels are to small - it's a main issue, center airhole is really big but why it has different diamenter at the bottom of the base? I don't understand this idea, Subtank V2 (with liquid holes) is much better (RBA).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.