Has anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nysfinest318

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Livermore, CA
How ironic! I came to the Innovapor thread to ask if there were any alternative battery options for 6V vaping on the Ultra and I saw this, lol. I know that Innovapor sells the Ultra IFR 14250 LFP 3.2v Rechargeable batteries and suggests these for 6v on the Ultra, but I have these already and to be blunt, 200mah sucks! They lasts me all of about 30-45 minutes, TOPS. Now, it could just be that I'm the Chain Vaper from Hell but thats just not feasible for my usage. I'm just glad that I already had them and didnt purchase them solely for use with the Ultra. If anyone has any info on whether these will work with the Ultra for 6V, please chime in. If I don't get a response by Tuesday then I'm gonna give Mark a call over at Innovapor and let him check them out and give his opinion. Now, I realize that it's always a little hairy when asking a vendor about a product thats in direct competition with a product they sell, but hopefully we'll get an answer.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan

DO NOT USE THOSE BATTERIES. Those are primary cells which means that they are not rechargeable and should not be used in your alpha or any ecig for that matter. Since you are stacking them the danger is even more compounded.

@nysfinest. Yeah the 14250s stacked will not last you long especially chain vaping, these batteries are for people that only need high voltage a couple times during the day. Like me for instance, I vape 3.7 most of the time but every once in a while that just foesnt cut it so I pop the 14250s in and take a few puffs to chase off that demon. If you want to vape 6volts for any period of time you need the Ultramax so you can use two 16340s. Oh and one of the main reasons not to use primary cells is because they have no cutoff so they can overdrain and explode. Hope this helps you guys, stick with the innovapor ones as they are much safer chemistry and can be recharged. By the way, I am sure that the stated 1100mah is actually half that if not less, primary cells can hold more mah but not 1100 in a batt that is half the size of a double a.

nysfinest318

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Livermore, CA
Thank you soooo much for that explanation, even though it wasnt what I wanted to hear. My Ultra hasnt even arrived yet and already im considering posting it in the classys along with some cash for an Ultramax. I just hate having to keep three sets of those 14250s charged if I wanna vape at 6 volts for any substantial length of time.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I took a closer look at those batteries and nysfinest318 is right. For one they are not rechargeable, which is a complete waste of money for an e-cig battery. And two they are pretty dangerous to use when stacked together. However inconvenient it is to have to use the 14250's, I would stick with them until a new battery comes out that is still as safe as them, but has a larger mah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread