Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I'll be interested to see what people recommend! Most of my efforts have been disappointing.

Have you tried the very popular Kreed's Custard?

1% Cotton Candy (10% EM/Ethyl Maltol) (TPA)
4.5% French Vanilla (CAP)
4.5% New York Cheesecake (CAP)
6% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

by Kevin Reed, needs a long steep time: 4-6 weeks

Here's one that's on my (long, long, so very long) list to try:

Beantown Vapor Soul Custardy from le diy pour les nuls

2% Bavarian Cream (CAP)
1.5% Butterscotch (FW)
2.5% Cheesecake Graham Crust (TPA)
1% Ethyl Maltol 10%
1.5% Kentucky Bourbon (TPA)
2.5% New York Cheesecake (CAP)
2% Vanilla Custard (TPA)
4% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Here's a couple I use to make my cheesecakes... :cool:

NY Cheesecake v1 (CAP) 6%
Graham Cracker v1 (CAP) 1.5%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) or Sweet Cream (CAP) 1.5%
Marshmallow (CAP/TFA) 1%
Sweetener (Sucralose) (TFA) 1% Optional, but I like it better included

Cheesecake Graham Crust (TFA) 4%
NY Cheesecake v1 (CAP) 2%
Marshmallow (CAP/TFA) 1%

Complementing flavor: like Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 3.25%, Sweet Strawberry (Cap) 1.75%
or Blueberry Extra (TFA) 3.25%, Blueberry (Cap) 1.75% or Blackberry (CAP) 4.5%, Raspberry (CAP) .5%

I usually allow them to age 2 - 3 weeks... YMMV.

Good luck! :D

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Over a year ago I found that I really like Cheesecake DIY's. Always looking for new and/or different recipes. Have a favorite Cheesecake recipe to share?
Have not tried CA CC but have had good results with TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust.
Problem with CC for my settings (ohms 1.5-2.0 at ultra low watts ~7).
Nude CC. memory taste is dependent on location on globe. I'm looking to replicate the North American/Canada Nude CC taste. I have not found the right combination. I have tried to find this taste by mixing no secondaries such as fruit,nuts etc..
Will have to experiment with CA CC (may be the one of the best out there), may be a key missing ingredient that I'm lacking.
I have a work around if you like a strong nut secondary which I like:
#88A TFA Cheesecake **^
TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust 6% --------------------------can adjust %
TFA Hazelnut 4% --------------------------can sub almost any nut and/or adjust %
CA Super Sweet 1% --------------------------Any sweetener or none here will do
FA Meringue 1% -----------------------------No corrections recommended
LA Cream Cheese Icing 0.5% -----------------------------No corrections recommended
See#75,82,84,87
0mg 30/70 Rating: 7.8 Strong Hazelnut taste. Good mixer mostly nut taste.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Here's a couple I use to make my cheesecakes... :cool:

NY Cheesecake v1 (CAP) 6%
Graham Cracker v1 (CAP) 1.5%
Marshmallow (CAP/TFA) 1%

Cheesecake Graham Crust (TFA) 4%
NY Cheesecake v1 (CAP) 2%
Marshmallow (CAP/TFA) 1%

Complementing flavor: like Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 3.25%, Sweet Strawberry (Cap) 1.75%
or Blueberry Extra (TFA) 3.25%, Blueberry (Cap) 1.75% or Blackberry (CAP) 4.5%, Raspberry (CAP) .5%

I usually allow them to age 2 - 3 weeks... YMMV.

Good luck! :D
Looks like a mildly tweaked version of Wayne Walker's (DIY or Die's ENYAWREKLAW) Strawberry Cheesecake. I noticed because I was going to suggest the very same one!:D It has been the only CC that I have found to be vapeable (so far; anyway;)). Everything else I have tried to date has been too "cheesey"... almost a "funk."
Thank you much,dobroeutro.:) That's a big help
If you haven't already read Wayne Walker's post; I would highly recommend it. He offers some fantastic individual ingredient notes that I found most helpful (though YMMV;)).
FA Meringue 1% -----------------------------No corrections recommended
LA Cream Cheese Icing 0.5% -----------------------------No corrections recommended
Two GREAT suggestions I never considered incorporating into a CC; THANK YOU!:thumbs:
@BrotherBob have you ever tried this recipe without the nut; just as a cheesecake base? If so; what were the results?

Also a "Thank You!" to @tazzle for sharing the idea of including the custard.:thumb: This could be part of what is missing from my own idea of what a cheesecake should be like... which is much different from a classic New York style which is normally; too heavily spiced (cinnamon), and too "cakey/floury/dry."

I know part of my own problem is that I want something closer to my Mom's recipe. If I am being truthful with myself it is not really very "cheesecake-like." It is closer to a custard/pudding pie in consistency; in that it is almost "wet" in consistency (smooth and creamy vs. cake-like). Also, there is no cinnamon in the crust (graham cracker, butter, sugar) other than what is routinely found in store-bought graham crackers. The filling (cream cheese, egg, sugar, lemon juice) is flavored with a hint of lemon vs. vanilla, and is topped with a glaze of sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Bake for 15 minutes and then chill to set. Otherwise, the sliced cake filling will slump, hence my describing it as "wet."

Additions of Custard (thinking Inawera here), Lemon (INW Lemon, or FA Lemon Sicily?), LA Cream Cheese Icing to boost the actual cream cheese while "diluting" the "New York" (cake/cinnamon) influence of the NYCC/CCGCC, and FA Meringue to lighten the "density" of the custard and CC just a touch. How to get the "tang" offered by the sour cream glaze; TFA Greek Yogurt maybe?

I need to make time to experiment!:facepalm::D

Great thread @FranC; I am loving everyone's ideas! :wub:

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
My favorite is @dobroeutro 's outstanding Butterscotch Cheesecake, with a few brand alternates swapped in:

CAP NY Cheesecake 8%
FW Butterscotch Natural 6%
TFA Vanilla Custard 2%
CAP Graham Cracker 2%
TFA Bavarian Cream 1%
TFA Caramel Original 1%
() Sweetener 1% (I prefer CAP Super Sweet at 0.5 %)

Thread here:
Butterscotch Cheesecake

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
My favorite is @dobroeutro 's outstanding Butterscotch Cheesecake, with a few brand alternates swapped in:

CAP NY Cheesecake 8%
FW Butterscotch Natural 6%
TFA Vanilla Custard 2%
CAP Graham Cracker 2%
TFA Bavarian Cream 1%
TFA Caramel Original 1%
() Sweetener 1% (I prefer CAP Super Sweet at 0.5 %)

Thread here:
Butterscotch Cheesecake
Great suggestion! @dobroeutro has shared many of his solid recipes with us over on the recipe sub forum. I am most grateful to him, and to you as well for sharing your substitutions, as well as including @dobroeutro's original post. Often, I am missing two, or three, of his primary ingredients. You have given me the courage to revisit, and perhaps, try tackling a few with subs that I have on hand. Thank you both!:thumbs:

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Have you ever watched The Vapor Chronicles on YouTube?
I ask because Brian and fresh03 do a diy show on Mondays and this week was cheesecake.
Fresh has a recipe for a simple shake and vape cheesecake and several ideas for mixes.
The show was made to introduce new vapers to diy and start at episode 1.....
They can be a bit goofy but some pretty good info on the show.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina

Thread here:
Butterscotch Cheesecake

Thanks for the nod @jambi & the compliment @IDJoel, much appreciated. This one's still in my daily rotation, although I have reduced the flavoring 25% across the board as my vape style & equipment have evolved. I sub stuff all the time, especially TFA/CAP & usually have great results. YMMV... :D

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
This recipe I got from @JCinFLA via pm a long time ago, and changed from a pie crust flavor to ny cheesecake turned out pretty good. Skipped over the tester size and mixed up 200+ ml of it to use up some older flavors and am glad I did.

Coconut Cream Pie Variant
6.00% Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)
5.00% Coconut DX (TFA)
4.00% Graham Cracker DX (TFA)
3.00% Sweet Cream DX (TFA)
2.00% New York Cheesecake V2 (CAP)
2.00% Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
0.25% Liquid Stevia (Pyure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread