Have Ego. Opinions for next model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisabateman

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
South Carolina
Have had my Ego for under a week and am looking for different experiences. My pet peeves...having to fill the cart all the time and the weird taste on occasion. (Am going to try dripping today.)

Thinking about trying another model. Don't know much about any others since I didn't research them much after hearing about the Ego.

Need something good for in my car. I drive a lot and don't think dripping is going to work during those times. I don't care about the look of vapor, just want good flavor and moderate to strong throat hit.

Your suggestions appreciated!

Lisa

Boredwalk

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
NJ
I too was annoyed with using the 510 carts. I tried several cart mods and it seems like all I would get would be leaks or a dry atty. In my opinion dripping is the way to go, Check out Quasimod's blog for some helpful tips.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/quasimod/504-noobs-guide-direct-dripping.html

As for driving I usually use a cartomizer, (you need a 510-808 adapter) sometimes with a pass thru if it is a long trip.

Good luck with the eGo, it's a really great unit

mykal

Verified Member
Apr 3, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm kind of in the same situation. I ended up ordering a usb passthrough for the car. As for the constant filling of carts, I ordered some 808 cartos w/510 to 808 adapter. I also preordered a juicebox mod from cigmods...the 10 or 15 ml bottle in there will last me several days before having to refill. Mind you, I haven't received any of these things yet, so I'm not sure if they're going to be a good solution.

I just started dripping (mainly at home) and am saving my carts for when I'm out and about. This doubled my time in between refills.

Papagoatee

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2008
It's a drawback of the ego 510 carts. Standard 510 carts is equivalent to about 1 - 2 analogs.

Weird taste is probably due to the liquid not supplying fast enough to the atty.

One way is to prepare lots of refilled carts on the go. Another is to look into cart mods like the Auto Drip Mod. Even with the ADM cart mod, you'll only get roughly 2 - 3 analogs per refill.

If you are thinking of upgrading, you should really look into HV mods since the Ego/Tornado is already one of the best currently.

darrel

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
I switched from 510's to KR808. Now there is an option of large 510 cartomisers that hold 1.5 ml. litecigusa.net and other vendors sell them. These 510 cartomisers are as good as or better then KR808 cartomisers.

I think you should try these new cartomisers on your Ego batteries. Be sure and get the large ones and not the small soft tip ones.

Hope this helps.

gerudothief

Apr 12, 2010
Washington
Have had my Ego for under a week and am looking for different experiences. My pet peeves...having to fill the cart all the time and the weird taste on occasion. (Am going to try dripping today.)

Thinking about trying another model. Don't know much about any others since I didn't research them much after hearing about the Ego.

Need something good for in my car. I drive a lot and don't think dripping is going to work during those times. I don't care about the look of vapor, just want good flavor and moderate to strong throat hit.

Lisa

I drive a lot too. My friend says the 901 works a lot better than the 510. I can get back to you later this week when my 901 gets here.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
Having owned my eGo for 4 months now I can feel your pain in regards to std. 510 carts. There is hope though, check out the Janty section in the forum, they are working on something called the Tesla Cart, which will give hours of vaping time on a single fill. As for now you can also look into the 510 mega atty with a mega cart. They do have to be used together, you can not use a std 510 atty with a mega cart. I live in my car during the day and as of now the mega carts works best for me.

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI

Lisa
I've got a really good idea for you, Lisa. Instead of dropping a pretty nickel on a new PV, maybe you might want to drop a pretty penny first and pick up some low resistance (magnum) atomizers. You can get them for $8 - $12, and they simulate high volt vaping, even on our 3.1v TornEgo's. That combined with a drip tip, and you're good to go! I haven't used a regular 510 atty since I got my first LR atty a couple of weeks ago. I now have 8 magnum atty's and 4 more on the way! I haven't burned one out yet, they seem very durable to me and the amount of vapor, flavor and throat hit is off the charts if you've only ever vaped at 3.1 or 3.7v. I understand you don't like dripping and driving, but I do it all the time (when stopped at a red light or stop sign). I just drop 3 or 4 drops before I leave, and then 2 - 4 drops whenever I come to a stop. If dripping and driving is an absolute no no for you, then maybe you should invest in a 5v Passthrough with a usb to car lighter adapter. Then you could have filled carts to vape while in your car, although I think you'd be fine just with the magnum atty's.

Happy Vaping,

Kui

Oh yeah, if you get the 5v PT, don't use the magnum atty's with it.

wenchy69

Moved On
Feb 15, 2010
australia
hi lisa,

i totally understand where you're coming from. i own a tornado/ego and obviously have the same issues as yourself.......... the carts are just not lasting long enough. after lots of searching and reading, i ordered the indulgence, of which i'm currently waiting the arrival. this is not to say i no longer like my tornado - it rocks! it just seems time for me to step it up a little. something to remember though..... if it's a mod you are after, and you still use 510 carts, your issue is not going to be resolved. when my indulgence arrives i will be playing with different carts to see which i prefer.
the LR atties, which have been recommended could be an option, although i have heard some bad reports about them. i don't have an opinion, as i've not used them. i have, however ordered some mega atties and carts, of which i will be able to use on both my tornado and indulgence.

there are a few options worth thinking over. best of luck. :)

EDIT: i forgot to add.... if you do get a higher voltage mod, i do believe that you would probably go through the juice a lot faster than you currently are. i could well be wrong, but i have read similar on the forums.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Well, most other models won't solve your problem, since carts are all fairly small. The 801 carts are the only ones which are bigger, but an 801 delivers much less vapour, for example. Also, there are so many models on the marked, wait at least for the BabyJ from Janty.

However, there are cart mods by the ton, they might help a lot with your problem, too. The straw mod is the most simple one and already works quite nicely. I have tried quite a few others, but this is the one I keep coming back to.
I chain vape, and with this, I have to top off like every hour or so.

The Tesla will most likely be a great improvement, too - although it won't hold much more juive, either. But you should get out what is in it; which is not exactly the case with standard, un-modded carts (for any model).

Cartomizers would be nice, at least when it comes to more juice, unfortunately all but the Greensmoke (which has other problems) have this little problem: Burned filling IIIIIIIVVWith 510 carts, too #27 – Turbo Cart
There are still people out there who use them, although, frankly, beats me why. They don't just have that problem, but are trickier to refill, and allegedly, constantly topping them off helps with the burning filling - only, if you constantly have to top them off, what is the point?

Vapor Vamp

Mar 29, 2010
Everywhere I go
Fluval Foam (designed for aquarium filters)

Fill your cart & then make a plug with this stuff.
(then top off & drip 2 or 3 more drops on the atty)

This is THE best cart media I have ever used.

Performs*perfectly*, the way a cart should work.

www *DOT* amazon *DOT* com/Fluval-Filter-Foam-Block-2-pack/dp/B0002567U0]Amazon *DOT* com: Fluval Filter Foam Block 104/105 2-pack - Fluval A220: Kitchen & Dining

(you can also buy it for the 404/405 filters - same stuff, just more stuff).

As for the Ego; get some Low Resistance attys.

You'll never go back.

Regards

PriestSLC

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2010
Spanish Fork, UT
I just got my next move from the eGo...

Provape PV1, 901 cap, 901 to 801 adapter, Joye 302 Low Bridge Atomizer = Buzzed as HELL!

I have not even really given the 901 or 510/dura atty's a chance, this thing is a puff monster!

I am going to do a full review on this thing, it is simply amazing!

I HIGHLY recommend the Provape PV1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread