Have you had this problem with your E Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J87L

Moved On
Mar 16, 2012
Seoul Korea
Hi!

I just received 30ML 50/50 18MG nic bottle of Blackberry Smoothie, Strawberry Cheesecake, Coffee Mocha, and New Blueberry Concentrate from VaporBomb... (and a free sample of Zebra Stripe; haven't tried it yet)
I was so excited to try all these lovely flavors!!... so i did.

And here is what i think...

Strawberry C.C : pretty good. nice Cheesecake flavor, not really tasting Strawberry though..
Mocha Coffee : really really good! taste like cremey not so strong sweetness to a perfect cup of coffee!
Blueberry : wow! tart, sweet, smooth blueberry flavor!

Now.. here is the problem..

Blackberry Smoothie : burnt overcooked medicine with very very very very bitter yucky taste & smell. Nothing about this Blackberry Smoothie is "sweet&smooth"....

so i switched to different tanks and mods... same taste.. gave my husband to try.. he said, quote "i got a small faint hint of blueberry but i really had to concentrate on the flavor to realize what it was. it is NOT sweet and it is NOT smooth. the taste i got from it is more like grabbing a handful of blackberry and smelling it than grabbing it and throwing them in my mouth. not happy at all.... etc"

I thought this was a bit weird because i heard some good reviews about this particular e juice from VB.

So i was wondering if this is how it's suppose to taste? OR just blended wrong? Faulty e juice? Should i contact them and let them know? What will happen when i notify VB?

If you tried their blackberry smoothie or had this kinda problem with any E juice please help me fix this "problem"!! D:

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
You must be new to fresh, handmade juice :D There's a thread at the top of this page with a title along the lines of "how to care for your custom handmade ejuice" and it explains it all.

Since this juice hasn't been sitting on a shelf for a year, it needs time to blen. We call it steeping. Some juice is fine right off the bat; some juice needs a little time for the flavors to meld. Even the juice you like from this order is going to get better.

Some folks say it's like aging wine. I don't drink, so I think of it as cooking chili. Sure, it's good once everything is cooked through, but if you let it simmer for a while, all of the seasonings get the chance to infuse the other ingredients and the flavor just gets better.

Different people do different things when it comes to steeping. Most agree that the best method is to place it in a dark area for a week and try it again. Sometimes they need 2 weeks, but rarely would they need more than that. Others like to place the bottle in a bowl of hot water for a short period of time (don't recall the exact time) and it is said that it will steep faster. It messes up the label, though.

True story: last week, I received a large order of juice. None of it was quite how it should have been from past experience, but I already had steeped juice on hand, so I could take the time to steep it. Two flavors were new to me and were not good at all. Black cherry and the spearmint flavor from the DIY section. Both arrived completely clear in color, no tint at all. After a week in my juice steeping box, they are both an amber color, the spearmint being darker than the cherry. I suggest you pour some of the juice that you like into spare juice bottles (if you don't have any, don't worry about this) and put all of your VB juice away in a light tight spot for a week.

I have been a loyal VB customer for over a year and I have only bought juice from other vendors three times since I started vaping. I got juice from the same vendor that I bought my first e cig kit from. I bought juice from another vendor because it came with another kit I got later on. I bought juice from the vendor that I get my cartos and tanks from because I needed juice that was ready to go while I waited for a VB order to steep. I should have had steeped VB juices on hand, but I let myself get too low between orders. Hindsight is 20/20 and I have learned my lesson.

I was really upset about one order I made last winter because it was the first time every single bottle that I got was totally gross. The frigid weather kept it from blending at all during shipping. I always knew that steeping was important, but I had never gotten a juice that I couldn't use right off the bat with honeysuckle being the only exception. There was only one I could use out of the batch. I let it steep for a week and I went from completely grossed out to absolutely in love.

So, this is my novel for the day. I can't guarantee that you will love it, but chances are you will. You should take some before and after pics so you can see the difference a week makes. And remember to get some juice you like about a week or more before you think you will need it. And maybe a few bottles of some you want to try!

Last edited:

J87L

Moved On
Mar 16, 2012
Seoul Korea
Thank you so much for your reply. I knew about steeping the Ejuice but didn't realize how much of a big factor it could be.
I will definitely try it.
But i have few questions.. I shipped it overseas, so it took about a whole week and a half to receive my E juice, how long should i steep it for?
And another question is i heard that all E Juices pretty much "expire" a year after the date it was made, is this true?

And really thank you so much for your reply. it REALLY REALLY helped me understand. thank you!!!!

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Yes, I've heard that they expire after about a year - year and a half. But I haven't ever tested that ;) My juice is always gone way too soon. This is another reason why I don't get juice from other vendors; you never know how old it is, unless they stamp a date on it and they usually don't, from my limited experience.

I didn't realize that you were overseas because I posted from tapatalk this morning using my tablet and it doesn't show locations. Yes, I typed all of that with my thumbs :D A week and a half should be long enough to steep it, but I really don't know. Someone who has theirs shipped overseas may be able to give you more info on that or maybe Mich can whenever she sees this.

This *might* be a situation where you simply don't like the juice. It's still worth giving it another week in a light tight area, just for good measure. At the very least, you can just store it until you're out of juice or just want something a little different. I haven't tried any smoothie flavors or anything with a cream flavor in it because it always seemed like it would probably be too mild for me. I like my juice like I like my men; big and strong ;)

I would suggest that you buy some Arctic Ice in your next order, if you didn't already. It's a menthol flavor but it is really good at making juice vapable. In fact, just about any menthol can do that if the problem is a lack of flavor or a muted flavor. It's also GREAT at cleaning a taste out of your atomizer/cartomizer/tank because it pretty much washes away whatever flavor you had in it beforehand. Even though it is a menthol flavor, it doesn't have a lot of taste. It's just a very cool menthol sensation without the spearmint/wintergreen/mouthwash taste. It has no tobacco undertones or anything. I always keep some on hand to mix with my fruit flavors or my husband's tobacco flavors if I'm out of my favorite juices and want something different.

And, you're very welcome. I am always happy to help out!

J87L

Moved On
Mar 16, 2012
Seoul Korea
At the very least, you can just store it until you're out of juice or just want something a little different. I haven't tried any smoothie flavors or anything with a cream flavor in it because it always seemed like it would probably be too mild for me. I like my juice like I like my men; big and strong ;)

Hahaha i heard that!
and yes i will still try the steeping method and we'll see :D
and of course! i already got that menthol in stock! hehe

Having so much helpful people in vaping community wants me to engage and help others more than ever!
Thank you so much!!!! :thumbs:

Mich1370

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Barberton,Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
I sent you an e-mail earlier. Steeping with some juices do make a huge difference. I normally say to allow a 2-4 weeks depending on the liquid and how u like it. We put a year shelf like on all of out e-liquids. Keep me posted please!!
Bonnie, I think you are on your way to being an honorary VB member lol. Thank you so much for all your input and personal thoughts and experiences!

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I sent you an e-mail earlier. Steeping with some juices do make a huge difference. I normally say to allow a 2-4 weeks depending on the liquid and how u like it. We put a year shelf like on all of out e-liquids. Keep me posted please!!
Bonnie, I think you are on your way to being an honorary VB member lol. Thank you so much for all your input and personal thoughts and experiences!

Thanks, Mich! I have a lot of free time on my hands. Well, actually, I create a lot of free time by putting other stuff off :D

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN

CinnaBomb NEVER expires: I had some year-old (or really close) CB awhile back, decided to vape through the bottle. Was good to the last drop.

The green apple, on the other hand, expires QUICKLY. It's good from the moment you get it, but always the first stuff I vape through. Pretty sure I had to toss a bottle a little over a year ago.

Most interesting: I have a bottle of year-and-a-half-old VB Caramel Candy juice, just a little 15ml that I bought back when I thought 801's were all the rage...broke it out yesterday, tasted just as good as back when.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I'm amazed that I can actually argue with you on this one :D It's because I never thought I could keep a bottle of vb juice for a year! I just looked it up and my first vb order had green apple in it and the order was placed on 2/28/11.. I remember having green apple and banana as my freebie along with a few others. Both of those were about 1/4 full and I lost them :( I found them earlier this year when I was doing my spring cleaning. They both tasted wonderful to me! Could just be my personal tastes, though. I almost forgot how much I love the banana flavor. It's like those circus peanut candy you buy at the store.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I'm really excited to try my flavors again. I don't think I let them sit long enough to give them a fair chance. The waffle flavor smelled soooo good I couldn't wait to try it but when I did there wasn't any flavor at all. Same with vanilla cupcake. Everyone speaks so highly of these flavors, it sounds like I didn't care for them the right way :)

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I only have experience with blueberry waffle, but it has always needed a little steep time. I've gotten a bottle before and my mom got one. Mine actually had too much flavor! The blueberry was very strong and overpowered the waffle. After about a week, it was perfect. My mom's was like yours and wasn't flavorful enough, but it steeped nicely in a week. Blueberry Waffle is one of those robust juices in my experience. I've also found that if a juice smells right but tastes wrong, it just needs to steep and the taste will match the smell. If yours is the plain waffle flavor, I'm not sure how it should be, but this is most likely the case as well.

I'm interested in hearing an update from the original poster. Did your juice improve?

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I don't have enough juice to fill my REO :(
I believe you all when you say it needs time to steep. I wish I would have ordered bigger ejuices.

Does that mean that it's improving? I really need to place another order within the next day or so. I'm almost out of menthol :eek: Can't have that! I just have about 2ml left. I still have about 10ml of Hypnotic Mist left and about the same amount of Snickerdoodle.

Then I have 5ml of black cherry and Spearmint each, but I'm afraid to put them in my stardust since it has a polycarbonate tank and they would probably crack it. I have other tanks I can use, but the stardust is my newest toy and my first low resistance carto so I'm ruined on everything else :D

I seem to be able to use my other menthols fine, but I heard that wintergreen juices are bad and I think spearmint falls into that category. I got it from the DIY section, so it's pretty potent. Actually, I need to find time to put a review of some of these new juices.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

J87L

Moved On
Mar 16, 2012
Seoul Korea
well for an update.. blueberry is AWESOME! i mean im nearly done wit my 30ml lol
and i noticed more and more days goes by it taste sweeter, smoother, and man.. what can i say! it was just good hahahaha
it was good as soon as i got it but it got better and better.
my hubby also told me that his coffee is getting better and better.

i mean come on vaporbomb?!!!! it was good from the start?! how much more bombaylicious are you going to get with this? lol

i ordered more flavors and very excited to try it!! im on a mission to try almost every flavor they got! hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread