Having a Brain Fart and Forgot the Equation/Calculator!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
So I'm having an issue and I know that some of you guys can help me out!

There is an algebraic equation floating around that lets you enter a ml amount of liquid at a specific nic level on one side and nic base level that will give you your targeted nic level and how many mls of base to add and I can't seem to find it anymore. I had it screenshot on my phone but have upgraded phones since then and now I can't find it. Here's why I need it.

I have tons of Nicoticket liquids in my vape drawer at 6mg that's way to weak. I want to bump it up to around 10-12mg to make it vapeable. I have 60mg base in the freezer.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    A simple proportion formula.

If a is the fraction of the total of juice 1 which is A mg/ml (i.e. a= .5 if 50%)
    and b is the fraction and B the concentration for juice 2
    a*A+b*B=total concentration in mg/ml

In your case, making it 11.4 mg to make the math easy(hindsight):
    a*6+b*60=11.4
    a=.9, b =.1

Basically, there I added 6 mg from the 60 mg nic, but that reduced the original 6 mg by 10% so it ended up only contributing 5.4 mg per ml of the total.

You could also do more algebra since for 2 liquids, a+b=1

ckquatt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    A simple proportion formula.

If a is the fraction of the total of juice 1 which is A mg/ml (i.e. a= .5 if 50%)
    and b is the fraction and B the concentration for juice 2
    a*A+b*B=total concentration in mg/ml

In your case, making it 11.4 mg to make the math easy(hindsight):
    a*6+b*60=11.4
    a=.9, b =.1

Basically, there I added 6 mg from the 60 mg nic, but that reduced the original 6 mg by 10% so it ended up only contributing 5.4 mg per ml of the total.

You could also do more algebra since for 2 liquids, a+b=1
    Thank you! That's what I was looking for! I also found a piece of scratch paper in my vape tool box that had a finished equation scribbled on it. I reverse engineered the equation and it worked. Thanks for the help everyone.

In the interest of helping out the DIY community here is the equation and explanation.

x • (a-b)/(c-a) = y
    x = quantity of original juice in mls.
    a = expected nic level in mg
    b = original juice nic level in mg
    c = nic base nic level in mg
    y = mls of nic base to add

Example: I have a 50 ml bottle of Virus in 6 mg. I want to up it to 10 mg, and I have 60 mg base. How many mls of base do I need to add to make it 10 mg Virus?

50 • (10-6)/(60-10) = y
    50 • (4)/(50) = y
    50 • .08 = y
    y = 4

So I need to add 4 mls of 60 mg nic base to my bottle and I will have 54 mls of 10 mg Virus.

I know this question comes up from time to time around here so I hope this helps!

Again thanks for the help everyone!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread