Having problems with my 306DCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex.vprv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2011
So. Cal.
So I received my DCA in the mail like 4 days ago. I initially used a Smoktech 306 I was currently vaping and it fit in the upper provided. It seemed to work fine for about 20 mins and then all of a sudden it began to taste burnt. Now I'm pretty good about dripping, but by no means an expert. So I dripped a couple more drops and took a pull. Flooded and dry burning the atty at the same time?!? My next thought is that I may have tainted the wicking material so I de-wicked it. Same problem, so I de-bridged it. Same, and now I can see that the coil itself is actually dry burning on its ends. So I can add more liquid and even flood it and it will do the same thing. ???
Tried a Bauway 306 that fit and it worked fine for like 8 hours before doing the same thing. Then I tried the MA306 and it was horrible in 5 mins. I took all 3 atty's and ran them with a cannon drip instead of the DCA. One of them was completely dead and wouldn't fire, but the other work just fine. No dry burning, no need to flood, and still vaping fine.
I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. The set up is a prodigy v3.1 at 3.7v. All 3 atty's are 1.5ohm's. I am very conscious of not over tightening the DCA or the atty's so I know it's not carelessness. I'm just really lost and bummed that I can't run the DCA and I'm right back to the cannons. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Also, I emailed good sense vapors yesterday. No word back yet, but I'm sure I'll here from them soon.

Thanks,
Alex

alex.vprv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2011
So. Cal.
If you get a chance, please share what you learned. It might help others with the DCA. I was thinking of maybe getting one someday. Thanks!

Okay so what I've learned is that for some reason...(still unsure why) When you drip on to the atty while in the DCA the juice tends to leak almost immediately in to the DCA lower, which is sealed, so it stays there. Jason from GSV told me to try a few different things after explaining my issue to him. He said to adjust and tighten the draw. Adjusting the draw can be done by loosening the lower and tightening the upper or vise versa. This didn't make much of a difference. Then he told me to do a dry pull before an actual toot to suck juice from the lower DCA back up to the atty. He said he has just gotten in to the habit of doing this every time without having to think about it. So I have been able to successfully vape by using this method, though I still end up with dry burnt hits from time to time. For me this has been nothing like just using a 306 with a drip tip. But, it doesn't leak. So I'm not sure this will end up replacing my cannon drip tips after all. It looks great! Just can't seem to get as satisfactory of an experience with the DCA as I do with a 306/drip tip. I'm not giving up just yet, and I plan to try different atty's committed to having a better experience. Hope this is helpful.

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
I was having the same problem. While doing a dry pull definately helps I have had attys that work perfectly without having to do dry pulls but every once in a blue moon and it was usually when it was pretty dry. Seems to me that it is an issue with some attys. If I have to treat them like cartos it's not going to be worth it to me. Too expensive to try and find one that works properly IMO.

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
First time I got my dca306 I experimented with different 306 atty until I found my perfect set up. Size of 306 atty differs. And now I've learned how to control my dripping. Normally 4 to 5 drops good until I taste some dry but not burnt hits. Then I put 4 more drops of my juice.

So what 306's are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread