Having trouble with brand new ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssballow

Jan 19, 2010
Edinburg, Tx
I guess its a 401. Its an Evo and I used it a few times today(just got it in the mail, and it won't vape. I have gotten a total of about 10 drags and no more vapor. The LED comes on, but no vapor. I tried changing carts, blowing out the atty(which offers some vapor afterwards) but a second hit is not possible. Anyone know of its a dud or what?

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
I guess its a 401. Its an Evo and I used it a few times today(just got it in the mail, and it won't vape. I have gotten a total of about 10 drags and no more vapor. The LED comes on, but no vapor. I tried changing carts, blowing out the atty(which offers some vapor afterwards) but a second hit is not possible. Anyone know of its a dud or what?

Im guessing a bad atty :(

BUMMER!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If you have automatic batteries it will probably take some practice to get it working good.

Stand in front of a mirror and watch the LED as you take drags.
You want to see how hard you need to draw on it to get that LED lit.
And you want to see how hard you need to draw on it to keep it lit as long as possible.

For some automatic batteries your only choice is to do consecutive short drags.
And it is often said that a quick short initial draw (primer puff) followed by a real drag will work well.

Most people recommend slower, longer draws.
I recommend getting a manual battery.

Leita

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Texas Coast

Does your atomizer feel warm when trying to vape?

Leita

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Texas Coast
Don't you just hate it? Order an e-cig, wait for the mailman, give it a try and it doesn't work right. Frustration and anger battling it out and both win, you lose. :(

But don't give up. My guess is an insipid battery. Do you have more than one battery? Mine often grow weak long before they indicate it's time for a recharge and since yours is new you might want to try an overnight charging. If you've already done this then it's time to contact your supplier. Be sure and tell them your atty is getting warm and you've smooshed on a fresh cartridge.

Good luck.

ssballow

Jan 19, 2010
Edinburg, Tx
Is it worth buying a new atty and battery if I don't even know if I like this vaping thing yet? The battery and the atty are the whole cigarette and I'm already out $39 for the kit and $20 for juice that hasn't even gotten here yet. This is kind of turning me off of the whole idea. 10 drags for $60? I could do better being a crackhead or something!

BubbleBobble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Louisiana, USA
You should email the company and see about returning that original battery instead of just purchasing more stuff. If they are reputable they will definitely exchange it for you.

Are you getting any vapor at all? Or is it completely blank? Have you tried different carts? Are the carts wet/fresh when you open em? Do you feel airflow coming into your mouth when you pull?

Hope the new gear sorts this out for you. I would so let down if my sidesho didn't vape for me first day, but like most others who purchased this VP, it vaped great. 7 days later, still going strong. I absolutely love it. I just can't see going back to analogs, ever.

Leal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Montana
I've got an Evo as well and find dripping is the best way to get good consistent vape. It's a little more high maintenance but, two to three drops directly on the atty bridge and all is well.

One of my atty's had a harder time getting started than the other. But with a little patience it's actually better than the other now.

Another point is the five second cut off. I don't mean to be master of the obvious but it is a feature on this pv I have had trouble adjusting to.

Leal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Montana
Oh, and also I have only had my Evo since 12/24 so I am not an expert by a long shot. Maybe try to contact the supplier for more technical tech support.

All I can say is my experience with this device is that it's a little fog machine. It sucks that your not having such a good experience. But don't let this put you off. Even if the evo isn't right for you there are many others to try. Judging from other posts and my experience it seems that intellicig has a good reputation and I am sure they would stand by their 30 day warranty if that has to be the end result.

ssballow

Jan 19, 2010
Edinburg, Tx
I got my parts kit in the mail on saturday. I found that the battery is indeed good, but the atomizer did not work on any of the batteries. Intellicig is sending a new atty and I'm vaping up a storm! I don't think I'll ever go back to analogues! This stuff is too good. I do need to thin out my juice though. 36mg/ml is a little too strong. I would enjoy being able to vape a little more before I get too much nicotine. I think 18 - 24 may be more like it. I'll buy a doubler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread