Hcigar VT75c vs VT75d

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
So i have given up on my Droid C1D2 and TC, i have the original VT75 and its working ok, buuuut i was wondering if anyone has both of the title devices and can give an opinion. im looking at these 2 very seriously since the replay option is coming for the 75c boards. i have a few married sets of 18's but also a decent supply of 26's so batteries really isn't an issue, its more of a question of which would feel better in the hand, and weight, which is my current issue with the old VT75.

Reactions: stols001

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I do not have both in the title but I do have the VT75D and the original VT75. While I like them both, the VT75D feels better in the hands. It is smaller in height than the original and is a slightly heavier than the original; it has the feel of a quality built device. Another plus is the battery door, in my opinion, it has a much better battery door. I really do not like the screw cap on the original and is a reason why the two I have sit on a shelf for the most part, while the VT75D gets daily use. the battery life is better with the VT75D than the original but think that is due to the two 18650's compared to a single 26650. That said, the VT75D seems to get better battery life than the VT133 as well.

One complaint is it locks automatically when it sits idle for a while. It's a simple five clicks to unlock but it is something I wish it did not have. Another is the fire button. It does not have much resistance and have fired it many times without realizing I was pressing the button. Have also had it fire in my coat pocket as the button was facing the bottom of the pocket and it fired just from the pocket being up against the button. Now I use the five click lock before putting in my pocket.

I'm sure there is someone out there with the VT75C and VT75D and will give a comparison on the two units.

• Useful

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Not sure, I never really used escribe. It's a little intimidating to a technology challenged person like myself :blush: Been meaning to log in and try to navigate around it sometime but been busy and have not gotten around to it yet. To be honest, I only use mods in power mode for the most part.
Same here. You can change the screen time so I'm guessing you can change or eliminate the shutdown as well. I'm an idiot when it comes down to that stuff and I figured it out. The sweet part is if you screw up you can go back to factory set up and try again.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Yes you can change the shutdown time in escribe. I got my VT75D this morning. I have two dna75's and except for the color screen and the on screen menu options I find that they all vape about the same in tc. What I am saying is that my first impression is that the VT75D is a worthy revision in ease of use but the actual vape quality so far does not seem to be noticeably different to me. I do notice that the new "C" chip seems to do a better job of conserving battery time. The VT75D is a beautiful mod and much smaller than it appears in the photos. Very comfortable to hold and great for mtl users like me. The ability to completely customize the menu and theme is also nice. Lots of themes available for download from the Escribe website. I got this mostly to play with Replay when it is available.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Have to chime in on this. I have the VT75D also and all the above is as described smaller mod in person etc...
Love using it I took my Engine RTA off of my NC II-25 and topped it on the VT and love it. The mod is nice to hold in hand as t is really a tiny device. And being able to fire it left,or right handed is rare with mods these days.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Just ordered a second one from the Hcigar site on Ali Express. I still don't understand why their dealers aren't upset that they are offering this unit for much less factory direct than any of the usual resellers in China. Anyway, I like mine so much I went for another. It is a smoother vape than my older dna75's and of course the user interface is far better. It also looks and feels great in the hand. I paid $7 more for this one than the first as this was only a special sale price not the site wide super duper sale of a few weeks ago. I did not concern myself with the 7 bucks. It is still way under the price of every other China site and it is factory direct including free shipping. Got the first one 10 days after order.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I own 2 of these and I think they are fantastic. I just wish they had applied the fake wood inserts with more care. Both of mine have inserts that don't lay properly in place. I have considered removing them as they seem to be just poorly glued in place. In general though, the size and function of these mods are great. I love the new screen and functions. I got them direct from Hcigar at a fraction of the normal China pricing so overall a bargain.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I don't have either device but am considering getting one with the Hcigar VT75 with the 75C chipset. I want it because of the 26650 battery as I have a bunch of them and need another device to use some of them in.

The only real difference between them is I would think that replay may work on the 75C. The other difference is the 75C device has an extra button on it for selecting menus. With the 75C you can do settings and monitoring directly on the mod without ever having to use escribe software.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I also found this warning from HCigar on 26650 batteries. So if using with 26650 batteries make sure the batteries are 65.5 mm or less in length

HCIGAR.png

• Useful

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello is there any silicon case for hcigar75c or d anywhere?

Just got a VT75D. I've found sleeves for the VT75 and the VT75 Nano but not the D. Don't think I saw any for the C either, but I wasn't looking for them.

It's probably just a matter of time before they start showing up :)

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I have the original VT75 and the VT75C. The C has some improvements that make it well worth it. I could care less about temp control, but the color display is really neat, and Ive got like 20 different themes I can upload to it now if I want. Its a lot more comfortable to hold than the 75 too. Probably the best upgrade to it though is the battery door. Its not that cheap zinc one that has bad threading that wears out like the 75. Its also way easier to screw in this time since they made finer threads on it (the 75 is a pain in the ...). Its actually all stainless now so it won't wear down from use like the zinc does. The base for it is also not part of the front bezel anymore, and a lot of the 75s bent (which gets worse with use), meaning the more it bends out, the more you have to screw the door in to make contact. Its also stainless and can be removed by two screws on the bottom should you need to.

The issues with it are obviously the 26650 problem. Because of the smaller size of it, you can only use certain 26650s with it, which are apparently all over the map as far as length. They need to be the right size otherwise when you screw on the battery cap, it pushes it all the way to top so the positive top pole will hit the body, which is the ground for the device. I only use it with 18650s so this has never been an issue for me, and I know the green eFest 26650s work fine with it so if I ever do want the longer runtime, Ill just get those.

Also, I don't know if its just mine or not, but Ive only had mine for about 8 months now and the paint on the front piece (the bezel is plastic unlike the metal body) has almost completely rubbed off now. Now my nice black mod is black with a grey plastic front. I kinda like the color contrast, but I never saw anyone else complaining about this so either no one mentioned it or I got a bunk one they used crappy paint on. The glue on the upper leather pieces on both sides turned into an oozing gel too and those started falling off (or moving around every time I touched it to pick it up and vape) too. I don't know if it was a heat issue or what, but it seemed like at some point the glue actually started expanding and oozing out of the sides of it and after that they moved every time you even touched them. Hasn't happened in awhile now, but I think thats because a lot of the glue has come out by now and Ive wiped it off so they're in place. If it does happen again, Ill just use alcohol and clean the back and use some gorilla glue or just leave them off.

Reactions: DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread