HDPE for short to medium term nic storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
I know that true long-term vaping Armageddon storage probably involves your subterranean geothermal-powered freezer, inch-thick hermetically sealed amber glass containers, an oxygen-depleted and nitrogen-rich atmosphere. And probably three ziplocks...

What about us hobby-level mixers, that mix for ourselves and a few friends? 120ml of 100mg nic is lasting me a few months. Translucent HDPE bottles let me see how much nic is left easily and is pretty drop-proof. I know that nic is good in many plastics for short-term storage, but leaches it out somewhat for long-term storage.

If I keep re-filling an HDPE bottle for convenience and safety in handling while mixing, I know that nic will be gone in a few months. Would re-filling the same bottle many times create any risk similar to using it in long-term storage? Easy enough to use it a while and replace, if there were any approximate guidelines.

Are there any recommended non-breakable translucent bottles for nic?

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
If you are asking this question then you must be like me and figure it may not be worth the convenience - reusing the bottle that is... A new one is not that expensive...

On my last purchase I bought 250ml of 60mg nic and when it came in I transferred it to 8 30ml amber glass bottles. Why?

I use about 30ml of nic a month at 60mg. So one 30ml bottle is opened - I mix my one month supply and the rest is waiting in the freezer till the next month. When I get down to the last bottle I will order some more. I am doing several things. I am reducing the handling of the nic. I am reducing its exposure to light, air, etc. I have everything pre-measured for one month of vaping or there abouts, etc... Simple, Simple, Simple...just the way I like it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread