Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
If the headache occurs while vaping or shortly after, it's probably either too much nicotine or not enough liquids in your system (dehydration). If it happened after a night's sleep, it's almost certainly dehydration. Keep up on your liquid intake and you should be fine. In the case of overdose, the only help for it is either not to vape as much or reduce your nicotine levels.

Note that the device and attachment you're using can play a big role in how much nicotine you're getting. I was fine at 24mg using an eGo and dual coil cartos. However, going higher voltage, and further using Fluxomizer Deluxes with the cup and recently discovered donut mod, has resulted in a massive increase in vapor production, and therefore nicotine intake, so I've had to cut down to 12mg, and even that's too much sometimes.

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Note that the device and attachment you're using can play a big role in how much nicotine you're getting. I was fine at 24mg using an eGo and dual coil cartos. However, going higher voltage, and further using Fluxomizer Deluxes with the cup and recently discovered donut mod, has resulted in a massive increase in vapor production, and therefore nicotine intake, so I've had to cut down to 12mg, and even that's too much sometimes.

Has your higher volt equipment also burned more juice? Since you mentioned massive vapor increase, it may go through more juice and dosed out more nic.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Has your higher volt equipment also burned more juice? Since you mentioned massive vapor increase, it may go through more juice and dosed out more nic.

Oh yeah, quite a bit, though surprisingly enough, it's not so much the higher voltage (I'm typically vaping at 4-4.5v on 2.6-2.8ohm Fluxos). Fluxomizers are juice hogs even with just the regular seal mod, but the donut mod, though seemingly minor, makes a huge difference again. I'm going through at least an extra ml each day, if not a bit more.

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Oh yeah, quite a bit, though surprisingly enough, it's not so much the higher voltage (I'm typically vaping at 4-4.5v on 2.6-2.8ohm Fluxos). Fluxomizers are juice hogs even with just the regular seal mod, but the donut mod, though seemingly minor, makes a huge difference again. I'm going through at least an extra ml each day, if not a bit more.

"Mods" R not us, me anyway, have no idea what mods you're talking about. :lol: But, that's what I thought - you're going through more juice, therefore more nic into system, though one extra ml doesn't seem like much. Good thing you cut down.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
"Mods" R not us, me anyway, have no idea what mods you're talking about. :lol: But, that's what I thought - you're going through more juice, therefore more nic into system, though one extra ml doesn't seem like much. Good thing you cut down.

Well, the "Seal mod" is basically removing the original CE2 cup seal on the Fluxos and using the middle O-ring as the new cup seal. The donut seal I came up with the other day (thjough apparently someone else also figured it out before me -- I'm always the slow one :D) simply involves cutting the inner lip off that middle O-ring to move the silicone away from the coil (gets rid of burned rubber taste at higher voltages) and also open up the cup to allow more vapor out.

But it seems like either I always had or have developed a particular sensitivity to nicotine that I wasn't getting on the straight up eGos with cartos and such even at higher nic levels. The extra voltage and these Fluxo mods have made for much more vapor so much more nic even at lower levels. Right now I'm at 12mg and with the donut mod even that has suddenly become just a tad too much. Fortunately I already plan to cut down to 6mg if the throat hit boosters I have coming pan out.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think it depends on how much you vape, Mind. I'm down to 6 mg and my ears still buzz coz I vape all day. And even the lowly 510 mini would do it if I didn't get tired of running to the charger.

Well, the thing is I don't think I really vape all that much. With my older setup of a straight eGo and DCC I went through about 3ml of 24mg a day. When I the VV arrived and then I switched to and modded these Fluxos I was getting much more of that 24mg per drag. (But also more TH) Cutting down to 12mg has worked well (still get satisfactory TH with this setup at that nic level) but I still just nudge that wall -- very low level headache for a few minutes when I hit it. Since I doubt it's really possible to get even more vapor than I'm getting now without an injection pump I figure cutting down to 6mg with a bit of TH booster ought to be perfect and I'll be able to vape all day without hitting that wall.

O-rings and condoms...hmm. FYI, I stopped at the blue foam mod. :D

I don't mind a little fiddling as long as it's not a constant thing. If I can mod and be done with it, I'm down for that, as is the case with these Fluxos. Plus, it only takes a few seconds for the first mod, and a couple of minutes to slice out the inner lip of the O-ring, so it's not particularly labor-intensive, thus I don't mind given the massive increase in performance it makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread