The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Health Cabin RY4

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Reviews' started by boz, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. boz

boz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    I bought 3 x 110ml bottles of 36mg RY4 and after using it for a while I have to say, don't bother. There is no tobacco taste whatsoever. It tastes like vaping straight eliquid with a metallic taste, no tobacco flavour at all.

I've ordered some tobacco concentrate to try to rescue this sad liquid. I've got over 300ml of this stuff so I have to try something to fix it.

Anyway, just a heads up guys the RY4 is a definite dud.

2. Xanax

Xanax Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    East Coast
    Sorry to hear you didn't like t he RY4. I had a problem with some RY4 recently that sounds identical to yours... Different company but wow what you described is exactly what mine was like. No tobacco taste and DEFINITELY no caramel taste whatsoever, just CHEMICAL. Hope you can get this sorted out because 300ml is a crapload of juice to not like :(.

3. boz

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    Hi Xanax,

Worse comes worst, I will just use it as normal eliquid and flavour it. Because that's what I'm getting from this juice, a metallic straight eliquid taste.

Anyway, don't expect RY4 from this juice, it ain't going to happen.

4. The Big Chief

The Big Chief Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Only flavors I've tried from HC is marb and menthol...both are good. But pretty sure its all dekang liquid, and they arent well known for consistancy I don't think. Flavors tend to disipate over time also, especially on higher nic levels. Its stands out pretty well when you go from LR atty, back to standard....But amy at HC is good girl. I'm sure she can work something out if needed.

5. warbdan

warbdan Moved On ECF Veteran

True, she'll take care of you. Healthcabin has good service.

6. boz

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    I've just sent her a message to see what she can do for me. Just have to wait now and see what happens.

7. darrel

darrel Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2009
    Alot of other people have said that the Health Cabin RY4 is really good and that the new Dekang RY4 is terrible.

I have only tried the old Dekang RY4 and love it but to me it doesn't have a tobacco taste.

At any rate, like The Big Chief said, Amy is an angel.

8. boz

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    Yeah, I got a 10ml sample a while back and it was great. That's why I ordered so much of it. But alas, it's definitely not the same juice.

9. boz

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    Well, Amy may have looked after some but doesn't seem to want to help me other than me sending the juices back. For me that is not viable as the only way to track parcels sent from Australia costs a fortune and just wouldn't be cost effective. I asked her if she could just send me some concentrate so I could fix it myself, but she said unless I buy something else she wont send me anything. Great, yeah, we'll help you out......if you buy more stuff first. :closedeyes:

Like it's so hard to simply ship me a bit of concentrate to help me fix their crap juice that they sent me. It's not like I'm asking too much when I've bought 3 x 110ml of crap tasting juice and I'm willing to fix it myself. I guess the cost of shipping a miserable bottle or two of concentrate is more important than keeping a customer happy. I've made 8 orders and bought over $200 worth of gear from them and would have bought more but a few bucks in postage is too much for them.

Also, how would this, "we can send 2pc 10ml free RY4 flavoring...please leave a message in the comment box when you place a new order", be enough to fix 330ml of Metal Absolute Flavour. :closedeyes: How could anyone resist such an incredible offer, even if they do have to purchase something and pay shipping again. 2pc 10ml RY4 flavoring, oh yeah, that's going to do the trick, not. And, to send it back will cost me more than I paid for it in the first place, why would I bother to do that? Thanks, but I think I'll pass on your "most generous" offers.

Oh well, I know where not to buy juice and accessories from next time. All in all, one big bummer for me. So I've gone ahead and bought an ounce of Perfumer's Apprentice Tobacco Absolute to fix it myself. Thanks for nothing Amy, great CS. :nah:

Once again, word of warning, steer clear of the HC RY4, unless you like to vape a metallic tasting liquid with NO tobacco taste at all. Oh, but I have to admit, they do have the METAL taste down perfect..... :)

10. YoshiMum

YoshiMum Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2010
    Cape Fear, NC
  11. juicefreak

juicefreak Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Oklahoma
    oh crap. i'm still confused... did you get the Dekang Ry4 (total crap) or this:

36mg HC E-juice/E-Liquid(28 flavors) [HC Ejuice] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

i went round and round with amy over changing her website to say that dekang ry4 has slightly changed AFTER ppl complained. She finally replaced it with 3/10ml bottles of HC Ry4 and it was great.

she assured me the HC recipe will not change. it's just like the old Ry4. I've got some 110ml bottles on their way. I'll freak if the 110's are different flavor than the 10ml bottles. :confused:

that's the only reason i reordered. the juice was good. I would never order from HC again with the returns hassle unless it was a known good product, so it better be.

12. boz

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
  13. boz

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    Well, exact same story as me. I got a 10ml Ry4 sample a while back and it tasted great. That's why I bought 3 x 110ml Ry4, because the sample was so good. What I got is nothing like the sample though. Read above. Good luck, hope your's is OK.

14. juicefreak

Dec 15, 2009
    Oklahoma
    oh man!! all i can say is it better be the same stuff as the 10ml bottles i got or i'm doing a charge back on HC.

15. The Big Chief

The Big Chief Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    The HC is NOT dekang...be sure your not faulting Amy for clicking the wrong liquids. I havent tried the HC yet, but as will all manufacturers, I'm sure its way different.

16. juicefreak

Dec 15, 2009
    Oklahoma
    hey uneverno - i did get my 110ml bottle and it's the same as the HC 36mg RY#4 10ml bottle i got.

I put 10ml of it in one of her empty bottles and compared it to a 1/4 bottle that i had left and it's pretty much the same. shaking, mixing tends to always be a little iffy, so factory perfection is not exact. close enough is good enough for me.

no chemical smell, but i don't vape it for a few days after it comes in because of the gawd awful heatwave.

i would (and will) buy again. Believe me, i've been scouting out the good stuff Ry4 for the past month and Amy's HC juice (haven't tried flavorings) is the only good stuff ;)

if i was out $100, i'd send it back. Amy will probably throw in a freebie or 2 to make up for the lost return shipping cost... I don't think she's out to rip anyone off, but she is afraid of getting ripped off herself probably and if it's bad, maybe she'll get a refund by sending it back to the factory.

17. boz

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    I tried the second bottle and it's OK. I haven't tried the third bottle yet. So there must be a QC issue. Read my review on the second bottle at the vendors forum.

18. boz

Apr 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    Hi all,

I have to tell you something about HC. I had a bad bottle of RY4 which I reviewed poorly and in this review the second bottle was OK. Over the last four days my wife and I drove to Sydney from Brisbane to visit my aging mum. When I returned today there was a package sitting at the doorstep and I didn't know who it could have come from as I don't have any current order for ecigs or Ebay. So we unload the car and I finally get around to opening the package and low and behold it's two bottles of RY4 from HC which I never even asked for, Amy just sent them off her own bat.

OK, the verdict on the bottles sent to me, to my surprise. Beautiful mild tobacco taste, very seductive. I would highly recommend the RY4 and I must say here and now that my first bottle must just have been an anomaly and unfortunately it slipped through the cracks. However, after trying the second bottle (I haven't tried the third, I hope it's up to the standard of the second and the bottles sent to me from Amy) I have to say that HC RY4 is a lovely mild tasting tobacco flavour that I will be ordering again when I run out.

Thank you very much Amy, you have lived up to your reputation despite my scathing review of my first bottle. Well done. :thumbs:

19. warbdan

warbdan Moved On ECF Veteran

healthcabin's RY4 is probably the best one I've tried yet. I don't see how anybody couldn't love it.

20. Sentinal

Sentinal Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Columbus
    I hope its good as I ordered the RY4 concentrate to try. I have 250 MLs to flavor...so PLZ I sure hope its good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.