Heart issue from vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Dempsey

May 1, 2020
hi all. So a little back story here. I started vaping around 8 months ago and everything was fine until about 1 to 2 weeks ago. I got a slight discomfort in my chest region after doing a long hit. Slowly they started getting more frequent so I decided to do some research. I read all about heart attacks and such due to vaping. Then I took a big hit and suddenly I got cold sweats, my heart rate increased dramatically and I began feeling the discomfort. I thought I was about to have a heart attack. I was fine but now I am extremely worried. Is this possible? To have a heart attack from vaping for only 8 months? I’m not in the best shape but I certainly am not overweight. In fact I’m probably underweight. As of recently the discomfort has been lingering as well after vaping. I typically only do it every hour and a half to two hours but have cut back due to this recent development. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Were you a smoker prior/during? If so, how long/how many cigs a day? Are you old enough to smoke/vape?
What nicotine level are you using? What devices? Ohms of your coils, power using to heat the coils?
What type of nicotine/eliquid are you using?

A heart attack from vaping? More than likely too much nicotine and or a reaction to PG or VG, even possibly indigestion or GERDS, along with or only a couple thousands other issues.

However, I have the best solution for you...

See your Doctor ASAP!

But answer the questions, and you might pin it down!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I've been on the PV now for about 9 or 10 years .. prior to that, I had suffered multi heart attacks .. stents, the whole bit .. 2 pack a day Marlboro Red ..

Not an issue since I started the PV .. in fact, back then, my DR recommended it ..

See your DR ..

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
And where did you read about 'heart attacks and such due to vaping' ?
Can't say i've ever read anything that states heart attacks and such (?) have been attributed to vaping.
Have you ruled out indigestion, acid reflux, trapped wind or any other ailment ? Seven and a half months of vaping without symptoms does not make vaping the likely culprit.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
See your DR ..
This!!!

My guess, too much nic. It can cause the missing beat thing (palpitations?)
Or a delayed reaction to an allergy, maybe pg.

But asking a web forum for medical advice?

Get to a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’ve been vaping 7 years and read anything I can find about it. Most is utter nonsense. But even among the blatantly false things I’ve seen heart attacks are not something I’ve heard associated.

How much/how long/how recently did you smoke? It’s well documented that smoking causes heart disease. It’s also well known that the damage doesn’t go away the second you quit smoking. In fact, risk of heart attack or other smoking related illnesses decrease but are still fairly high for years, decades even.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So... you had some weird discomfort for a while, and then "read something about it" and suddenly had "heart attack symptoms" like textbook ones.

This is called learning new "information" leading to "performance" due to "Anxiety" which now you are going to have to deal with all of it.

Go directly to your medical professional do not pass go and get things checked out. There are more things in our "Chest region" than our "heart." In fact, women are more likely to die of heart attacks because they often don't get typical "chest pain." So once you have ruled out GERD, all that other stuff, etc., and whatnot well, ah, then you can decide if you want to treat what you have (which may or may not be related to vaping IDK.) Depending on your distress, if your doctor is pleasant, well, he may even give you a halter monitor to wear for a few days like to rule heart attacks out. THEN you can deal with your acquired anxiety about heart attacks and stuff, and well, decide if you want to keep vaping or not.

Not everything you read is true. In fact, in this day and age so little of it is true you often won't uh, die except if you scare yourself into it.

I'm sorry but my little brother whom I love dearly had his first panic attack. He, like many of us who have an HONEST TO GOD PANIC ATTACK called 9-11. He said the paramedics were so "utterly bored, dismissive, and completely sure it was not a heart attack" that it was actually reassuring. I will say, having been in his shoes, I was impressed with how logically he took that. LOL.

However, even on Medicaid at the time since he was poor as dirt, he like, got a halter monitor for 6 days and like, it showed no abnormalities or anything. So then he had to rehab himself out of his panic attacks and stuff, with a healthy diet, exercise, you know therapy and stuff and well, it all just went fine. It was not a big deal. He no longer has panic attacks and should he have one he would know what to do.

During this whole time he was suicidal but I did notice the alacrity with which he called 9-11 and the assiduousness with which he like, got the halter monitor and checked out. So I would say, until his therapist stepped in to say it, "For a suicidal person you sure did FOLLOW UP on that heart attack stuff." Which is a good construct to introduce, "Cognitive dissonance."

I am going to point out the cognitive dissonance here: YOU THINK YOU MIGHT BE HARMING YOUR HEART WITH VAPING and yet you post on a vape board, because really you also really WANT to vape.

So which one is it? GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Only once you have determined the state of your heart, can you make ANY reasonable decision about vaping although I CAN SURE TELL from this post you really, really want to vape.

I get it I do too. I also really really WANTED to smoke until told by my medical professionals that I would get a COPD dx and a tank if I kept it up and I GENUINELY believed them.

So go get your truth- it is out there.

Anna

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
So... you had some weird discomfort for a while, and then "read something about it" and suddenly had "heart attack symptoms" like textbook ones.

This is called learning new "information" leading to "performance" due to "Anxiety" which now you are going to have to deal with all of it.

Go directly to your medical professional do not pass go and get things checked out. There are more things in our "Chest region" than our "heart." In fact, women are more likely to die of heart attacks because they often don't get typical "chest pain." So once you have ruled out GERD, all that other stuff, etc., and whatnot well, ah, then you can decide if you want to treat what you have (which may or may not be related to vaping IDK.) Depending on your distress, if your doctor is pleasant, well, he may even give you a halter monitor to wear for a few days like to rule heart attacks out. THEN you can deal with your acquired anxiety about heart attacks and stuff, and well, decide if you want to keep vaping or not.

Not everything you read is true. In fact, in this day and age so little of it is true you often won't uh, die except if you scare yourself into it.

I'm sorry but my little brother whom I love dearly had his first panic attack. He, like many of us who have an HONEST TO GOD PANIC ATTACK called 9-11. He said the paramedics were so "utterly bored, dismissive, and completely sure it was not a heart attack" that it was actually reassuring. I will say, having been in his shoes, I was impressed with how logically he took that. LOL.

However, even on Medicaid at the time since he was poor as dirt, he like, got a halter monitor for 6 days and like, it showed no abnormalities or anything. So then he had to rehab himself out of his panic attacks and stuff, with a healthy diet, exercise, you know therapy and stuff and well, it all just went fine. It was not a big deal. He no longer has panic attacks and should he have one he would know what to do.

During this whole time he was suicidal but I did notice the alacrity with which he called 9-11 and the assiduousness with which he like, got the halter monitor and checked out. So I would say, until his therapist stepped in to say it, "For a suicidal person you sure did FOLLOW UP on that heart attack stuff." Which is a good construct to introduce, "Cognitive dissonance."

I am going to point out the cognitive dissonance here: YOU THINK YOU MIGHT BE HARMING YOUR HEART WITH VAPING and yet you post on a vape board, because really you also really WANT to vape.

So which one is it? GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Only once you have determined the state of your heart, can you make ANY reasonable decision about vaping although I CAN SURE TELL from this post you really, really want to vape.

I get it I do too. I also really really WANTED to smoke until told by my medical professionals that I would get a COPD dx and a tank if I kept it up and I GENUINELY believed them.

So go get your truth- it is out there.

Anna

Wow,best advice i have read in a long time,no sarcasm Anna,seriously.
Good to have people like you over here,you know with your dedication im sure you changed a life or two for the better.

*bows down to the queen*

p.s. and you achieved all that without even mentioning hair ties,that is a double kudos for you my fair lady.
p.s.2 sorry had to end on a funny note ;)

Gang, another OP one post and gone, all of our sage advice left here like an uneaten buffet.

But nice to see we are all on the same page.

Totally worth it thou,Anna's post was awesome :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread