Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Bad idea unless you have a LP grand and modify it in various ways to accommodate the low Ω coils you'll want to run in that.

You also have to mod the Helios to bottom feed and make all your coils at exactly the same resistance, so they don't heat at different rates. Other than that, go for it!

I do use a modded igo-w4 on my LP grand, and the grand has been modded too, since anything under 0.6Ω coil-wise is flirting with trouble. 0.4Ω and you are in spring collapsing territory until the new rebuild kits for Reos come out.

T

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
another thing with the clones is that the center posts are often plated brass, and god knows what kind and if it has lead in it. So when you're going for bottom fed, you're gonna have to drill through that, and have your juice run through that. This is why I always look for stainless steel posts. Copper is a bad idea as well.

Rmcgloth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Sandy,or
For that money, it might be the clone, which only has one air hole in the base, and three of equal size on the ring. I modded one for bf, drilled the holes through and slotted the ring for dual coils, and it worked ok. Very airy at that point, and I couldn't get enough heat from a .6+ build. I put it on my vamo and ramped it up, and it did blow nice clouds. Best part of it was the nice ss drip tip it came with:)

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
another thing with the clones is that the center posts are often plated brass, and god knows what kind and if it has lead in it. So when you're going for bottom fed, you're gonna have to drill through that, and have your juice run through that. This is why I always look for stainless steel posts. Copper is a bad idea as well.

one can always "pickle" the brass to remove the surface lead. this means sitting it in a solution of white vinegar/ hydrogen peroxide. i forget the ratio-- i think it's 1 part vinegar to 2 parts H2O2 or the other way around.

ah, here we go. it's post 8502, in case ECF steers you to the wrong post
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...apor-flavor-th-post11567813.html#post11567813

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread