Hello! Aegis Solo 100w help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodballwarriors

Sep 11, 2022
Hiya! New to vaping, my brother gave me this fantastic mod he used to own. One slight problem, however. I've noticed that if it sits too long, I have to plug it in to be able to turn it on. Once that's done, I can puff as much as I want with no issue. But, if I leave it sit too long it will not turn on by the fire button. It's not locked, I've tried a configuration reset, and it does this with both batteries given to me. The batteries are charged separately outside the Mod. I've tried reaching out to Geekvape for fix help, but they seem to keep thinking I'm trying to warranty this even though I've told them repeatedly I just want to fix it. I was thinking maybe a software reflash would help? Or maybe anyone else knows a possible fix?

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Hello and welcome. I'm not really sure of what might be going on, but maybe both batteries are going bad. If they were bought at the same time and have been used the same amount, then it's possible that both of them are going bad at the same time. I'm sorry that you are not getting any help from Geekvape, but, unfortunately, this is typical of their customer service. A lot of people, including myself, have been having bed experiences with them lately. You could try purchasing new batteries. Use @Mooch's new table to pick a quality battery.

C59BC0CA-940A-4A02-8E63-DB097976C3DC.jpeg

woodballwarriors

Sep 11, 2022
    Hello and welcome. I'm not really sure of what might be going on, but maybe both batteries are going bad. If they were bought at the same time and have been used the same amount, then it's possible that both of them are going bad at the same time. I'm sorry that you are not getting any help from Geekvape, but, unfortunately, this is typical of their customer service. A lot of people, including myself, have been having bed experiences with them lately. You could try purchasing new batteries. Use @Mooch's new table to pick a quality battery.

View attachment 980547
    I'm not entirely sure on how to read this table. Any of these you would recommend? Thank you for your help, this is wonderful.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Welcome to ECF @woodballwarriors

Make sure your contacts are clean (battery terminals and contacts inside the mod and the 510 receiver) and that your atty is securely installed withe the coil securely installed.

(how old / how well used is this mod ?)

woodballwarriors

Sep 11, 2022
    Welcome to ECF @woodballwarriors

Make sure your contacts are clean (battery terminals and contacts inside the mod and the 510 receiver) and that your atty is securely installed withe the coil securely installed.

(how old / how well used is this mod ?)
    The paint is pretty beat up on the plastic bezel, so I would say pretty well used. I'm just trying to see if I can save it because I like the DTL action it provides. Some of the other stuff has me confused, however. What is the 510 receiver? Coil and atomizer is installed firmly, correctly. Contact points are clean.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I'm not entirely sure on how to read this table. Any of these you would recommend? Thank you for your help, this is wonderful.
    What wattage do you vape at? The best battery for someone depends on their regular and maximum wattage. Then again, Territtoo's advice is good - Molicel p26a or p28a are solid choices.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    It’s much easier to use this table. Find the column that is at or above the wattage you vape at and the recommended batteries are listed their with most preferred at the top.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I cleaned all the contact points again. Still no luck. I was hoping for a fix that wouldn't require me putting any money into this lol but I guess I'll try a battery. Unless someone has that elusive firmware to re flash it?
    Hola,
    Welcome to the ECF.

Which batteries are you using?
    Make and model of 18650 please. We do not need the mAH nor the "AMPS".
    How old are the cells?
    What are you using to recharge them externally? Brand/model please.

What topper/Tank are you using? What is the resistance of the coil?
    How many watts are you feeding the tank/topper?
    How long does it take for the batteries to self-deplete? hours? days?

How long did you smoke and how many per day?
    Do you have a back up device so you do not return to smoking cigarettes?
    Where in the wide world of vape are you located?

Cheers
    I

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I cleaned all the contact points again. Still no luck. I was hoping for a fix that wouldn't require me putting any money into this lol but I guess I'll try a battery. Unless someone has that elusive firmware to re flash it?
    It may be the mod is just faulty.
    You could ask your brother to try his batteries in it.
    If it still doesn't work ask your brother to give you a mod that works... :D

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I've noticed that if it sits too long, I have to plug it in to be able to turn it on. Once that's done, I can puff as much as I want with no issue. But, if I leave it sit too long it will not turn on by the fire button.

USB port:
    Try this (just a hunch). Blow out the USB port with canned air really well. If no canned air, then use the air from your mouth. Try your best. I'm thinking it could be an issue with the USB port being dirty but it also could be messed up and therefore no fix. Hey, it's worth a shot.

New batteries:
    If you do buy new batteries, please buy from a reputable battery source, not a vape shop. 3 reputable battery sources that I have used that Battery Mooch lists on his blog are 18650batterystore.com, liionwholesale.com and imrbatteries.com.

Factory reset:
    If you want to try a factory reset...
    • With battery in and mod off, hold the up/down buttons for 3-5 seconds. You will see firmware version # appear on the screen.

• After the firmware version pops up on the screen, hit the fire button it will reset the mod to factory settings.
    Firmware re-flash (re-flash firmware at your own risk):
    Geekvape took down all links to their firmware files but silly them and lucky you, I found it still residing on their server :greengrin:
    Here's the link https://www.geekvape.com/upload/download/aegis-solo-firmwares.zip
    I repeat - re-flash firmware at your own risk.
    • Download firmware zip file above and unzip it's contents from folder "GB-78update" to a folder you will remember or to your desktop. THaT folder contains 2 files: JKN_GB78_H12-USER-S10 2019032301.bin and USB_ISP_ManualLoad.exe
      [*!!*]DISREGARD THE FILE NAMED "Aegis mini初始版本.rar" in that zip file.

• Remove battery from mod

• Open the updater file USB_ISP_ManualLoad.exe

• Load in the firmware bin file (hit load button, click open and select the JKN_GB78_H12-USER-S10 2019032301.bin file)

• Plug in USB cord to PC

• Hold up/down buttons on mod

• While holding up/down buttons, plug USB cord into the mod and keep buttons held down

• Click "Start" button on updater, mod will start to be updated

• When firmware is updated, program will show "update successful". At this point you can release the up/down buttons, unplug from USB and you're done.

• If after the update the mod fails to turn on - don't panic (yet :D), the mod may have lost it's data connection during the update. Try to re-flash. If it still doesn't work, try a different USB cord. If that fails try restarting your PC. If that fails, try to use another PC if you can. If all that fails, you now have a brick, congratulations :greengrin:
    'sall I got. Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread