Hello all, First time vapor here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwickedx

Apr 24, 2012
Port Huron, Michigan
So i've been lurking the forum for about a week doing some research. I tried quitting smoking a couple weeks ago and i was doing pretty good for about a week. Then i went to a smoke shop and picked up a disposable e-cig well that didn't last but 2 days battery died. So yesterday i just ordered me a VA Variable Volt mod Version 1.5 from VaporAlley and its been shipped. Then i went over to mom and pops and ordered one of them mini sub tanks. I read some good things about them. Also picked up 30ml of Carmel Apple e-juice from mom and pop. Anyone tried that flavor is it good? So basicly im just posting in here cause i noticed i cant post in other sections till i have 5 post. Oh by the way that seems like a decent deal over at vaporalley for the VA Variable Volt Mod Version 1.5 it seems to be the newer version of lava tube able to read the resistance for 69.99 for the kit!

rebuilder

Apr 28, 2012
UK
Hey, I'm new to ECF but not new to vaping. You've made some good choices, I feel that variable voltage is indispensible for a newbie who wants to learn about vaping and is willing to put some effort in to experiment the best vape, however I wouldn't recommend locking yourself like that into 30ml of juice at a time. In the UK we have suppliers that do 5ml samplers, should be the same over here I would assume too.

For heads I would recommend trying the 3 main categories, 1x cartomiser, 1x dripping atomiser, 1x clearomiser/clearotank, each one has a different vaping experience but also as important are differences in the practicalities of using them.

xwickedx

Apr 24, 2012
Port Huron, Michigan
I was actually thinking of doing some DiY liquid also i wanna shop around town to see if i can find a place that sells PG/VG and maybe order some concentrated flavors somewhere. Next time i order ill buy small bottles and try them. I really want to DiY cause right now i dont have much income to be ordering liquid all the time lol. Just got a job at a bar cleaning in the morning everyday its only 1 hour so not much of paycheck. Also i ordered 2 pre punched cartos for the tank and a 5 pack of non punched boge 2.7 ohm i think. How long will that last.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
I was actually thinking of doing some DiY liquid also i wanna shop around town to see if i can find a place that sells PG/VG and maybe order some concentrated flavors somewhere. Next time i order ill buy small bottles and try them. I really want to DiY cause right now i dont have much income to be ordering liquid all the time lol. Just got a job at a bar cleaning in the morning everyday its only 1 hour so not much of paycheck. Also i ordered 2 pre punched cartos for the tank and a 5 pack of non punched boge 2.7 ohm i think. How long will that last.

How long the cartos will last varies by user. Some use them a few days and toss them. Others can make them last a month if you baby them. Try to always keep them topped off (adding a few drops of juice as soon as it dries out just a little, not a problem with the tank cartos). Keeping them good and slushy seems to help them last longer. By all means DO NOT let them dry out to the point where you get a dry burnt hit. The carto will be toast after a dry hit. You can also flush them out with water and let them dry well to extend the life. Here is one of the many videos that will help with cleaning cartos:

DIY is great. Do go to the DIY forums and READ READ READ though. It can be dangerous playing with nic- make sure you know how to handle it. VG can be found in the pharmacy section at Wal Mart or any other pharmacy. It is usually on the bottom shelf in the first aid section. PG can be found at tractor supply places, usually in large quantities though. Myfreedomsmokes has good prices and good quality nic liquild, as well as all other supplies you will need to get started (including flavorings). Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com I recommend not going above 48mg/ml, or 60 at the very most, for starting out. Again, this stuff can be dangerous to play with and those levels will keep you safer. They also sell the pg and vg if you just want to get it all in one place, since you will be paying shipping anyway. Start simple- one flavor or two flavor combos. Complex recipes are usually more than just throwing together some stuff that sounds good. Getting the right strengths can be an art. I tend to like the one or two flavor juices anyway, so it works well for me. :p The initial investment can be a little high for DIY, but you can also save a TON of money brewing your own juice. With that initial investment you will have enough to make months worth of juice.

xwickedx

Apr 24, 2012
Port Huron, Michigan
How long the cartos will last varies by user. Some use them a few days and toss them. Others can make them last a month if you baby them. Try to always keep them topped off (adding a few drops of juice as soon as it dries out just a little, not a problem with the tank cartos). Keeping them good and slushy seems to help them last longer. By all means DO NOT let them dry out to the point where you get a dry burnt hit. The carto will be toast after a dry hit. You can also flush them out with water and let them dry well to extend the life. Here is one of the many videos that will help with cleaning cartos:

DIY is great. Do go to the DIY forums and READ READ READ though. It can be dangerous playing with nic- make sure you know how to handle it. VG can be found in the pharmacy section at Wal Mart or any other pharmacy. It is usually on the bottom shelf in the first aid section. PG can be found at tractor supply places, usually in large quantities though. Myfreedomsmokes has good prices and good quality nic liquild, as well as all other supplies you will need to get started (including flavorings). Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com I recommend not going above 48mg/ml, or 60 at the very most, for starting out. Again, this stuff can be dangerous to play with and those levels will keep you safer. They also sell the pg and vg if you just want to get it all in one place, since you will be paying shipping anyway. Start simple- one flavor or two flavor combos. Complex recipes are usually more than just throwing together some stuff that sounds good. Getting the right strengths can be an art. I tend to like the one or two flavor juices anyway, so it works well for me. :p The initial investment can be a little high for DIY, but you can also save a TON of money brewing your own juice. With that initial investment you will have enough to make months worth of juice.

Thanks for the info Tidegirl :) I will look into that. Good to know that tractor supply carries PG that seems to be what you use the most and heard it was harder to come by then VG. I may try no nic at all to see how i like it, and just vap for the flavor and for puffing sake lol. I don't really smoke awhole lot but i have the craving that i need satisfy by smoking a few cigs. I tried quitting cold turkey i did ok for a week but i still have that urge to puff.

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
xwickedx welcome to the forum . I am new here too.
Jan 2012 was my last analog.
I seem to have a problem of vaping more than I smoked though.
I have been experimenting with different ejuice flavors, I switch between flavors like cherry, strawberry, VCStinger & different tobacco versions.
I just got RY4 and Pina Colada but haven’t yet tried them.

I started with a 510 and just recently got an Ego for longer battery life.
Loving my Ego! It lasts all day into the next day and vapes like champ.
I am most enjoying the 510 tanks / 510 T atomizers.

Like another member commented to you, maybe try out the 5 ml bottles
of ejuice before committing to a 30 ml bottle to be sure you like the flavor.

Good luck to you with quitting analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread