Status
Not open for further replies.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
If you have a mod already and can wait try surfing the classifieds here. None right now but at least 4-5 REO's for sale last weekend and good deals at that. Blemished mods are hard to come by but I love my REO and you would not be disappointed. Throw a $15 clone rda on there and you are rockin with no worries. I have a PEKO BF that just sits the REO gets all the lovin.
Your Peko don't get no loving?? Man!! I started bottom feeding with Reos, got mad love for the Reo but then built my first Peko and loved it more, so now I have only one Reo, sold the rest and bought 4 more Pekos!

-Mark

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
so you know

Mech Mod = No Wires, No Chips
Unregulated Mod = No Chips, may have wires, all mech mods are unregulated, but not all unregulated mods are mech mods
Regulated Mod = Has chips, and will help regulate the battery to a set voltage
VV = Regulated Mod that allows you to change the voltage
VW = Regulated Mod that allows you to change the wattage

zachdelaro

Account closed on request
Apr 4, 2015
Honestly I am surprised that bottom feeders have not become more common. Earlier on when rebuilding was relatively new for me, I saw discussions about Reomods and really loved the bottom feeder concept but felt that it was outside of my price range. Nowadays it seems like it may fit my budget :D

Is it just me in my isolated bubble, or has it taken some time for other bottomfeeders to be introduced on the market at competitive prices?

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
I'm new to the forum. Been vaping for about a year on and off. Down to about 1 cig a day but gonna quit very soon.

Been looking at the REO grand but I have an infant and money is tight. Anyone seen this?:

The Grunt Vapor SIB (standard issue box)

Bottom feeder

12ml bottle

Comes with a Loki Lab BF Odin!!

$155

The only worry for me is there is no lock on the switch and I carry in my pocket.

Otherwise it looks great.

Thoughts everyone?

Thanks in advance.

It's on shop-vapor-craft site

Hello and welcome. Good work on kickin the sticks. You're almost there. For me, it was the big investment that sealed the deal, been cig free since November 2013. Wish I woulda got a reo then but instead blew a buncha money on things that didn't cut it for me or just stopped working. If you have an interest in reos, that will not be fulfilled until you have a reo. Now I've got 3 reos and a couple svapiamo wood bottom feeders but I'm convinced there's not a whole lot ya gotta buy after a reo. Cleaning the reo is simple and there's replacement parts when things get snafu. If it were me, get verified then wait for a reo grand to pop up on the classified ads in the price range you're in and pounce. OR just email Rob and see if he's got a blem floating around and then snag a bf RDA from chowderhead1972. Pm him and ask what he'd suggest for how you like to vape. Right on par for budget, if by a few bucks but off the charts for vapeleasure! No mater what you choose, getting off the analogs is the goal. If it works then it works.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
This kind of device looks like a step in the right direction, I am glad we are starting to see far more options when it comes to bottom feeders.

I much much much prefer the look of this device to a Reo, despite it being a simple rounded box design, I am sure that even Stevie Wonder is with me on that. (The 'Press' graphic needs to go though)

To be honest I agree with some of the posts here stating that it needs some kind of safety feature for pocketability (such as a recessed master on/off switch), this shouldn't be hard for the manufacturer to do considering it is already a wired unit rather than a true mech.

I would also prefer to have a different atomizer option, the freakshow mini (bf adapted of course) would be my preference.

Hopefully China will step up their game and produce some original bottom feeders with all the features that we* want, along with not looking like they were designed by someone who couldn't find the 'rounded corners' setting.

*we means me

Clouds4Fintan

Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
Ankeny, IA USA
Well I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all the advice. I think I will wait and just give myself some time to save some money and research. I have a few rdas in the mail, so I'm gonna wait and figure out what my favorite is before jumping too fast on new mod. So far the istick 50w is humming right along.

Honestly I'm not even sure I would have had to see the REO mods to know that they're the best. When a community grows around a product and its creator like it has around Rob and his mods, Its self explanatory.

Wish I was a famed reviewer, Id try to get both free for a heads up show down, REO Vs SIB battle of the 3 letter acronyms haha

Thanks again everyone

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Good timing on the thread. I bought 3 of these just this week. I'm working in Columbus GA at Ft Benning and happened to see them. I've been a REO user for 2 years and will continue to use Reos but these are great boxes. The door is magnetic, it does use a mosfet, 12ml bottle and a Fat Daddy 510. It comes with a spare bottle and 2 drip tips...and yes, it's an authentic LokiLabs Odin that Grunt had his logo put on along with the Odin logo. The switch is rock solid....it's the same button used in Hana boxes and a million other mods. I love Reos but I'd recommend this to anyone. They work perfectly. Oh....you can build down to .2 ohms if you want, it is made in America by a retired Army vet...and theres a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
unnamed.jpg

2 enthusiastic thumbs up on these boxes.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
No cons really. Its a great box. I like having a wired button for a change. There is no lock, but that's not a con for me. It would be hard to accidentally fire it and the battery is easily removed if you were worried about it. The fat daddy 510 is great.

I wouldn't compare it to a REO. The REO is nearly perfect. But its different. Its a true mech. They both squonk like they should but filling may be easier on the SIB. You pull the bottle and tube out to fill then plug the tube back on the 510. Simple. I love both but I like the SIB better. Its a steal and comes with everything you need ....and it works just as good. Both American made and both have great support. You won't be disappointed with either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread