Grunt Vapor SIB (standard issue box)- a new bottom feeding mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I told Eric to make a black and a grey...he also does a nice desert camo, but those colors are used on other mods. He won't do it. Jwraps has wraps for Hammond G boxes. The SIB is a G box.

Is it the "Hammond 1590G (NO HOLES)"? What pieces will I be left to cut out myself other than the squonker bottle?

Thanks,
Treeburner

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Is it the "Hammond 1590G (NO HOLES)"? What pieces will I be left to cut out myself other than the squonker bottle?

Thanks,
Treeburner
I'm assuming only the 510, button and squonker hole. There's no other penetrations on an sib. I've never used the wrap on mine, but that's all it could be. It'd be simple.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
After having a chance to put the SIB through its paces, I have to say I am very impressed! As a fan of regulated mods I didn't know how I'd feel about using a mech, but with how well it works I've got no complaints.

The kind people at steam crave are sending me one of their Aromamizer RDA glass bottomfeeders for review, which should be an awesome combo with the SIB. Can't wait to be able to see the juice fill the wicks when I squonk!

-Treeburner

Last edited:
Reactions: Asbestos4004

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Thank You inswa - Ill email them right now. Mine isnt making a connection near the 510 - if i hold my finger on the wire it will fire but thats the only way. Is that what yours was doing?

Mine was dead right out of the box. I suspect a faulty MOSFET as all the wiring and soldering looked fine. They never confirmed the cause, just fixed it and sent it back. It worked great after that up until I sold it. I liked the mod, I just couldn't deal with the Hammond box "lean". I guess I'd have also preferred a 100% mechanical box over a MOSFET box. But, for the money, I still think it's a pretty good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread