hello all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkcbrawley

May 19, 2018
Hey there people,

I am so glad that there is forum deticated to the e-cigarettes!!! :D
So I am waiting my v9 mini cigarette arriving next week. I am currently on the nitocotine gum (which I hate) but I miss the physical side of smoking!
I live in the UK and I am really surprised that the e-cigarette is not more famous here!!! I would have thought that for a nation thats so much against smoking devices like these will be more sought after.

Anyway's I just wanted to say hi!!

PS: sorry about any grammatical mistakes but English is not my first language :oops:.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi Clarkbrewly, welcome to ECF! I wish you much luck in your journey to quit cigarettes and I'm fairly certain you may enjoy vaping more than nicotine gum :)

There are international language forums, including several ECU countries and a UK forum as well, if you wish to meet and talk to other vapers nearer your location and etc.

Welcome :)

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I live in the UK and I am really surprised that the e-cigarette is not more famous here!!! I would have thought that for a nation thats so much against smoking devices like these will be more sought after.
In a nutshell, e-cigarettes have unfortunately become a political issue with:
  • Big Government (typical and unreasonable need to micro manage and over-regulate),
  • Big Tobacco (competition for market share; loss of profits due to declining sales due to increasing e-cigarette use)
  • Big Pharma (competition for market share; loss of profits due to declining sales for nicotine products due to increasing e-cigarette use),
  • anti-smoking groups (unreasonably see e-cigarettes as being the same thing as smoking).
  • social media (who knows why? Follow the money trail for advertising) :blink:

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: stols001

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Welcome.

I chew nicotine gum all day long when I'm at work (strict tobacco-free workplace) and don't really think about it. I always have a supply of it on-hand. But when I get home I feel like I need something else, it was cigarettes before. Now I vape and use Swedish snus. I've got some WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) liquid coming so maybe that will help me kick the snus too.

Baditude has it mostly right...I don't usually beat the drum about "Big Government" because in my politics I tend to favor reasonable regulation of things (where I live I'm considered a crazy left-winger just because I think climate change is a real thing). But you gotta follow the money trail, that's what influences the people in power. Most people haven't been able to separate "nicotine use" from "smoking" in their minds so to them it's all bad, and "new" things like e-cigarettes are considered to be a dangerous expansion of bad habits, not something that can mitigate the risks and help people quit smoking.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome

e-cigarettes are very popular in the UK. 3 million is a good number of people using them.

I don't know what a V9 e-cigarette is, but if it looks like a cigarette it will not be very good. If I don't know what it is, it is possible it might be not very good.

Where did you order it from?

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I live in the UK and I am really surprised that the e-cigarette is not more famous here!!!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Hope you like your first purchase, your smart not to invest a lot of money when your not sure you are going the like vaping. I find it's best to start at a beginners level and work up to where I expect to be.
The following vape information may help you learn more:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
Vaping 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread