Hello, and a thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Hello everyone, lurker for a while, first time poster. Just wanted to say thanks for the free research through my vaping journey so far!

My story: I'm 35 and began using chewing tobacco when I was 17. Over the past 16 years I was a tin a day, every day, without fail (Kodiak, Grizz, Copenhagen, anything honestly). For the past 2 years, I managed to swap to grizzley pouches, and the past 6 months or so, Swedish General Snus. Everything still tore up my gums, something had to be done.

I managed to quit sporadically throughout the years, but always went back. For the past 2 months, I haven't even thought about buying a tin of ANYTHING since I have started vaping. I made the conscious decision for harm reduction since becoming a father, with another one on the way soon.

I first picked up a Juul. Love the juul, too expensive though, refilling pods was OK, but it wasn't the same.

I picked up an eleaf icare with nic salts from levelup vapor next. Neat little device, but man did I blow through those tiny coils faster than id like to admit! I have this little guy still set up as my stealth/pocket vape.

I now own a Halo Triton II, and am really enjoying it! Halo Tribeca is flipping amazing, and sub zero is a great additive if I'm in the mood.

Now, I am waiting for my shipment of a Nautilus 2 with an innokin coolfire pebble. I am super excited to try this out, and am looking forward to continuing to be off the chew for good!

Anyway, that was a little long winded. I'm glad to be here, reading mostly, but I can offer anyone input on the devices/liquids above, if they need any help.

Thanks again, and keep on providing great info!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Glad you delurked! And welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new fatherhood and wanting to be around/be a great example for them! Sounds like you've got some setups working well for you and that's fantastic.

If you ever decide to DIY, you can get nicsalts wholesale. I buy mine from Nicotine River. Great quality, I'll admit I have a bunch in the freezer :) I didn't start with the Juul, but I do vastly prefer nic salts.

Nice to "meet" you. :)

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Hello there ! And welcome to ecf !

Quick question out of curiosity: why did you chew tobacco 0.0 I mean i'm extremely glad you're off and into our great little community :p But i never understood the appeal of chewing something like that.... (tried once almost got sick).

Also got 1 suggestion for ya : stay off of smok's product, they're a hit or miss with most people but i wouldn't advise for anyone that's newer to e-cigs. They do look awesome but wait until you feel more..... At ease ? (ie: no cravings and such).

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Now, I am waiting for my shipment of a Nautilus 2 with an innokin coolfire pebble. I am super excited to try this out, and am looking forward to continuing to be off the chew for good!

Anyway, that was a little long winded.

Welcome @sk25411 - great opening post, not long winded at all.

What can I say... I detest Halo (the hardware not the e-liquids) and Juul with an equal passion, so a Nautilus 2 on an Innokin mod gets my vote. Vape on, stay strong. :thumb:

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
You sound like your in the USMC.. Those guys loved to chew.
The fact that you found vaping to replace it,, GREAT...
The fact that your starting a family,, NICE...
Hopefully,,,
1- You find what works best for you,,
2- Your happy with it,,
3- It doesn't drain your bank account...
Cause in an hour, I can spend a Thousand of your dollars on what I like.
If you found something that keeps you happy, and your liking it,,, Stay with it..
You've got to like the smell, taste, and workings of your equipment to enjoy and stay with it..
Hopefully your at that spot.....
And Welcome to ECF.................

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I started chew, mainly because of family, 2 older brothers and a dad, who (still) chew. I was not in the military, but I do work in law enforcement, and it just sort of goes hand in hand. Working nights a lot, needing something to do, oral fixation, "gum hit" I guess you could call it.

I got the halo, despite some negatives from people here. Honestly, it was an extra $15 for 2 batteries, 2 tanks, and some coils. Instead of just buying a bottle of juice directly from them. At the very least, I have that stuff as backups stored in my tricky bag.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Hello there ! And welcome to ecf !

Quick question out of curiosity: why did you chew tobacco 0.0 I mean i'm extremely glad you're off and into our great little community :p But i never understood the appeal of chewing something like that.... (tried once almost got sick).

Also got 1 suggestion for ya : stay off of smok's product, they're a hit or miss with most people but i wouldn't advise for anyone that's newer to e-cigs. They do look awesome but wait until you feel more..... At ease ? (ie: no cravings and such).
In my younger days I would have a big cheek full of Red Man plus a cig in my mouth. Hard to explain. Lol

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Welcome, and congratulations on quitting. I have only been around these parts for a month or so, but I can tell you, this community is knowledgeable, supportive and generous. I too have relied on the Juul for my first few weeks of vaping, and I have to say the damn thing works. But it is expensive.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Everything still tore up my gums, something had to be done.
I managed to quit sporadically throughout the years, but always went back. For the past 2 months, I haven't even thought about buying a tin of ANYTHING since I have started vaping. I made the conscious decision for harm reduction since becoming a father, with another one on the way soon.
Anyway, that was a little long winded.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Great intro, you have your ducks together. I tried the chew bags once and could never figure the attraction, lucky me with regards to your experience with your gums.
Vaping is so far superior to any tobacco use, keep it up.
Battery purch's, maint., extra equip, add dangers can be a PITA on the expense output. If your committed to sub ohm, it's the only way to go.
Might like to read:
http://best-e-cigarette-guide.com/e...cigarettes/sub-ohm-vaping-perks-and-problems/
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Congrats on your new fatherhood and wanting to be around/be a great example for them!
Anna
Why would SK not be around? Smokeless tobacco has at least as low of a risk factor as vaping. It is fine if it is simply a personal preference, but there is no health gains by switching from smokeless tobacco to vaping.

• Disagree
Reactions: Letitia

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, that may be true, and if so my bad, I thought the OP smoked cigarettes also, but if not, well, sure he'd be around. I think a lot of dentists would disagree on the mouth health thing between vaping and smokeless tobacco, however, and I did think there was an increased risk of oral cancers, but I don't know that much about it, so if so, again, my bad.

Still glad vaping is working out for you, OP.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread